Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He does look a bit puffy, so working on his fitness is understandable. Thought he's done well enough to deserve a start against Qarabag in Azerbaijan

Wimmer looked impressive to me in the short minutes I've seen him at Spurs. Wouldn't be opposed to him getting a run out in the cups.

He'll be fine, stepping in for Vertonghen.

Looked comfortable today when he came on and he certainly looks no worse than Vertonghen.

From what I've seen on him so far, there's an argument to be made that he's a little better?... :levyeyes:

He'll be fine, stepping in for Vertonghen.

Looked comfortable today when he came on and he certainly looks no worse than Vertonghen.

From what I've seen on him so far, there's an argument to be made that he's a little better?... :levyeyes:

Are you implying that Vertonghen has been ..not great? Imo he has been every bit as good as Lloris, Alderweireld and Dier defensively this season.

Surprised there's not been more posts about him. I think he's been fantastic whenever I've seen him.

Very unlucky that Jan decided to find some form for the first time in 2 years. He's better than anything United or City have right now, yet can't get a start. Feel sorry for him in a way.

He does look a bit puffy, so working on his fitness is understandable. Thought he's done well enough to deserve a start against Qarabag in Azerbaijan
a bit??
That's like saying Fred West looks a bit dodgy!!
SNN0401GB_1613567a.jpg

I think Pochettino likes his CBs in pairs, and Wimmer's suffered due to a lack of a decent partner for him. Vertonghen and Alderweireld have been playing together since childhood, so they're an ideal match, and we don't yet have anyone able to do that with Kevin. Hopefully CCV will be that in future, and then we've got two pairs of CBs, nicely spaced in age too (Toby and Jan in their peak years, Kevin and CCV quite young and the long-term future).

I think Toby will have to lead the back 4 even more than usual with Jan out on the sidelines. However, I do think Wimmer is more than capable.
From what I've seen of him he's a big strong lad who reads the game well. Although he's untested in the Premier League, with Lloris, Rose, Toby either side of him there's plenty of experience to guide him through games.

I think Toby will have to lead the back 4 even more than usual with Jan out on the sidelines. However, I do think Wimmer is more than capable.
From what I've seen of him he's a big strong lad who reads the game well. Although he's untested in the Premier League, with Lloris, Rose, Toby either side of him there's plenty of experience to guide him through games.
And Dier in front of him...

Trippier and Davies took a couple of games to get going and where carried but have both since been very much up to scratch when called upon, I imagine the same will take place with Wimmer.

He isn't flimsy, he's got 6kg on Vertonghen and I doubt he's as slow as Fazio. As long as he can get the ball to Alderwierled for those diagonals for Kane and Alli then we should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom