Tottenham Hotspur feat 1882 v Tax Dodgers United (Monaco)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree about Son. People saying he's been crap, or that he's been all over the place and they 'expected more' need to have a serious fucking word with themselves. The odd stray pass...so fucking what. Bound to happen at the tempo we were attacking with! He's looked bright, got involved, and been very dangerous. Jesus
Never said he was crap completely, or all over the place, merely implied he wasn't at his best in my opinion. He's pressed well and covered well defensively and got in good positions, all I meant was that when we've broke forward his final pass has been lacking at times, and his first touch to retain possession at times has been poor. I said he's been poor at times tonight, not completely crap all evening.

4-1 FT

- Great all round performance.
- Good performances from the likes of Wimmer, Trippier, Carroll and N'Jie
- Lamela hattrick
- Onomah doesn't look out of place.
- Finished top of the group, on to the next round.
- Roll on Newcastle

CV5BPEnWIAEi0VZ.jpg

Now we know why Wimmer has not been given time lately. He seemed to be completely drilled in how the CB's have been playing.
Looks as though he has been working hard behind the scenes so that he can slot right in. Really impressed with him.
Maybe we will see him in the FA cup.
Onomah continues to make great strides. Still needs to work on is finishing though, which has always been his weakest point.
Nabil had a decent run out.
Carrol was great. Love the way he passes first time. Watch him eyeing up positions and he knows what he's doing before he gets it. Great movement too.
Lamela did good, works well with him and Onomah.
Njie is progressing nicely. There is improvement every time I see him.

One disappointing moment was their goal and the way we let them creep back in it for 20 mins. Now that is really saying something when I, a Yid, am getting angry with not keeping a clean sheet.

Monaco are not shit by all means. We blew them away with the gengenpress first half. Completely knocked any belief they had.
Despite James and McManaman saying we profited from their mistakes.
James should know about bad keeping though. He also is just as bad with money slipping through his hands.

Team game guys...it's not about individuals (or favourites).
You all sound like a bunch of commentators...
Give our 'second team' some credit...let's face it, they moved the ball about a lot quicker than our first team.
Bienvenue Nabil.....

Like the way Mcmanaman says Alderlect, Monaco are poor sides then says Spurs should have gone through the group comfortably like Liverpool anyway.

As if Monaco and Anderlect are crap and Liverpool played good football in the group stages.

Wolfpack you say?

nwo-786x786_528_poster.jpg
I pretty much smiled/laughed throughout this whole video. When Hogan would come out to Voodoo Child I would get so stoked.

Still to this day whenever I see one of my good friends we'll do the wolfpack hand thing to each other saying, "SA-WEEEEEET." I'm seeing him this Saturday for his engagement dinner. No doubt we will be doing it.

There was a period between 70 and 80 minutes where we must have put 50 passes together before stepping it up and losing it, then getting it straight back and passing around again. It looked very smooth

Back
Top Bottom