Sunday Funday with Crystal Palace!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh fuck!

Hugo - keepers change games, and that's why we're so happy to have him between the sticks. A world class player.
Keeping him was the best bit of business in the summer window. We haven't done so well keeping world class stars in recent times. So glad he's still here. Let's hope the team can reward him with a trophy or CL football (or even both).

Just got back from the game. Atmosphere was excellent. The Palace fans gave a good go until they conceded.

Standout performers were obviously Hugo for his fantastic saves and Son for his quick feet and forward thinking.

Dier looks good although I think he let's the play go beyond him too often.

Lamela had some good touches and great endeavour.

Vert and Toby looked comfortable throughout although Walker gave us a few scary moments.

Overall very good day. Just a shame Harry couldn't get that elusive goal.

That! Don't fret pet... I didn't expect you actually wanted him to rabona the pass to Son... I think we're all having to conceal our bonas that he's back in the team... we weren't quite the same without him!

I thought so, need a sarcasm smilie.

Now, as for the people who agreed with you?!

:sonhmm:

Forgot to mention how ineffective Chadli was. All he seemed to do was run into the nearest opposing defender which either slowed the attack or lost us possession.

Enjoyed that. Fully deserved 3 points and another solid defensive show, so un-Spursy. Just need to be a bit more clinical in front of goal really. Players beginning to give Poch 'selection headaches' with performances from the start and making an impact as subs. Credit to him for improving this part of his management in the past few games too.

Lane will be rocking Wednesday now after 3 consecutive wins. GOT to pick the best XI and don't fuck about with making wholesale changes.

This was a huge win, albeit let's not kid ourselves that Saint Hugo saved us again.

This Palace team is really good though. As in team. A good team, quite clearly bigger than sum of it's part. All credit to them, despite playing us away and us being on the ascent, they still managed to cause trouble and defended well. Good luck to them.

Lovely to see us improving game for game.

As for Kane, he looks extremely jaded and frustrated with himself. He needs not to be, because when we have other goal threats he just needs to focus on simple things and be content to build from there.

The chadli bashing is hilarious to me. When Lennon spent entire games running to the byline he was "positive" and being a "proper winger". When chadli does it he "slows attacks" and "losses possession". Not that I thought chadli played well I just think it's funny.

This was a huge win, albeit let's not kid ourselves that Saint Hugo saved us again.

This Palace team is really good though. As in team. A good team, quite clearly bigger than sum of it's part. All credit to them, despite playing us away and us being on the ascent, they still managed to cause trouble and defended well. Good luck to them.

Lovely to see us improving game for game.

As for Kane, he looks extremely jaded and frustrated with himself. He needs not to be, because when we have other goal threats he just needs to focus on simple things and be content to build from there.

They are OK, but Southampton last year and Swansea this year are better. I don't understand why people are wanking over them, it is the Chelsea win I guess. Otherwise their points are from wins v Norwich and Villa.

A decent good performance which we were the better team but could have easily lost
points but for the brilliance of our own Sans Cullotte .
Movement and tempo was better and with Eriksen on we had a cutting edge .
Chadli for me is very ponderous and slows everything down , in my opinion we
look better without him . Ali had a lot of purpose and Son goes at players .
A better than average team if the correct players are selected but miles off top 4 .
Oh just fuck off mate.

The chadli bashing is hilarious to me. When Lennon spent entire games running to the byline he was "positive" and being a "proper winger". When chadli does it he "slows attacks" and "losses possession". Not that I thought chadli played well I just think it's funny.

Right up there with the best lines when people defended Soldado:

Yeah, but Ade is shit

Lennon could be Messi. Lennon could be O´Hara.
But Chadli will still be crap.

Right up there with the best lines when people defended Soldado:

Yeah, but Ade is shit

Lennon could be Messi. Lennon could be O´Hara.
But Chadli will still be crap.

End of the day now Poch has actual options now to bring on, so his position isn't automatic like last year. We have a better starting 3 without Chadli in it at the moment, he isn't doing enough to stay in the side

Back
Top Bottom