Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As opposed to someone like Aaron Lennon or Andros Townsend who often go for the easy pass and still have 0 end product?

The fact that Lamela always goes for the more difficult option is a testament to the belief the lad has in himself that he is capable of the more difficult shots and passes. He wouldn't have that confidence if he wasn't able to pull that off on the pitch.

With regards to his off the ball work, it doesn't matter if we are working defensively or offensively, the boy is always on his toes and makes some crucial interceptions and some very good off the ball runs which don't always get noticed.

I by no means think he is the finished article, and if he is going to be a good premier league player, he will still need to work on it. But with Lamela we have a player who could quite clearly improve and be a very good player. His assists last year show that, now hopefully he can find that little bit of fitness, mix it with some form and show us how good he can actually be.

I think I've said before that you either start with Lamela and let him pick up the pace of the game from the beginning but never is he an impact player!

I'm in the camp that thinks he has ability and he could be good for us but patience is wearing a bit thin and if he doesn't deliver this season then get rid but he isn't a sub and Pooch shd know this by now!

Poor subs IMO yesterday and losing Harry & Mason killed us!

Absolutely ruined my weekend and still pissed off!

:wansum:

Best player in the history of English football

You do then. Because otherwise you would be making a very retarded point.

Yep. You must be there every day....or you are retarded to use that argument.

You really are an arrogant cunt and you do love to twist whatever people say. But I never claimed to be at training. All I claimed is that really, when push comes to shove on the topic, you know absolutely fuck all.

Have fun being a deluded twat though. I finally understand why you are public enemy number 1 on this forum.

You really are an arrogant cunt and you do love to twist whatever people say.

Hmmm, not really.

You talk about not seeing what happens in training then procede babbling on and imply that Lamela is picked due to what he does in training.

I finally understand why you are public enemy number 1 on this forum.

Im not though. I share a lot of views with a lot of posters. Some I dont.

Cest la vie. Im not one of those people who thinks my opinions reflect "the forum". Think what you want, we´re just chewing the fat. No need to cry.

11866300_880584538701831_4913290433344330631_n.jpg

:lamelawtf:

I think I might be one of Lamela's biggest supporters (look back if you can be arsed) but he was poor yesterday. I only get to the lane 2-3 times a season now so generally pick someone to watch. He was my choice when he come on. Just not good enough. A shame because he clearly has talent. Just not for us I think.

Please fuck off with that one rabona goal.

I really hoped he will do well, especially with the form he finished last season. If he wasn't doing well offensively, he worked hard to retain the ball and made some fine tackles. But he has been at the Copa America, where he barely played (still, it costs alot of energy), went on to a pretty woeful pre-season and his first two games as a sub have been absolute shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sell him around deadline day. Juve and Inter are quite keen on him.

I think his time is up now. Can't pass, can't shoot, can't dribble, can't tackle. He's a passenger, and a heavy one at that. His idea of helping defensively is blindly running into people giving away a free kick 9/10 times. Just awful.

I genuinely felt sorry for Lamela yesterday as he came on completely off the pace of the game, ran round like a headless chicken , which is one of Pooch's philosophy's when we don't have the ball, and tried his best but gave away needless free kicks and was completely out of it.

But at least the effort was there and he didn't go missing like Eriksen!

:eriksenserious:

You really are an arrogant cunt and you do love to twist whatever people say. But I never claimed to be at training. All I claimed is that really, when push comes to shove on the topic, you know absolutely fuck all.

Have fun being a deluded twat though. I finally understand why you are public enemy number 1 on this forum.

Well let's say he's brilliant at loads of stuff in training and believes he can do it on the pitch. And? In over two years he has pulled off a rabona goal that was special so fair enough. We can pull stats saying how many assists he had yet 3 goals total or whatever it is but, watching him constantly be ineffective or weak in games has been the hands down winner. We all know it even if we don't like it or don't want it to be true.

He's been pretty shit. The price tag isn't his fault but it is the price tag. Fuck me Townsend would be lynched if he had cost that much and performed like Lamela.

Watched the game back today after thinking I might have been too harsh on him but on second viewing it only consolidated my original feeling that he can fuck himself and I want him out. Within 5 minutes of him coming on Walker was shouting at him to be in the right positions and time and time again he failed to do so and then Ireland has all the time in the world to pick out a cross.

Not good enough and hasn't ever shown that he will be. If Poch keeps picking him then he's only sharpening the sword that'll eventually have his head but for the good of the team I hope we take a loss and are rid of him before the end of the window.

ITALIAN FOOTBALL he is made for it no pace pretty little touches and no responsibility but to coast and show boat,loses defenders because he so anonymous they leave him to stroll around yes he can score in that football but is totally ineffective in the pl. for god sake sell him now .

I'm so torn on how I feel about Erik. I still want to believe that he can make it for us but am slowly coming round to think that this is wishful thinking. Yes, he was awful yesterday, but take the point that he doesn't perform well as a sub. However, I'd be very tempted to take any decent offer that we might get. I'm not convinced he is ever going to be able to get to grips with the English game, more's the pity.

...is it too early or too late to say "I TOLD YOU SO" re: Lame-ela???...
COYS

Lamela has the potential and skill set to be a top player, his just not currently putting all the pieces together where it counts; the pitch.
What is self-evident though, is only a cunt uses a NFL pic as his avatar and only a cunt trawls back through a thread just so he can take a revisionist swipe at a player, that as a fan he should want to do well and lastly only a cunt uses jokes like lame-ela..

Back
Top Bottom