Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good luck to him, hopefully he can restore his career back home ..... Actually who gives a fuck , he's on tens of thousands of £ a week. I'm sure he's fine with life .

I am unhappy it didn't work out, as he was exactly the sort of guy Spurs fans liked. Off pitch he kept things classy, and actually cared about the world around him. It's just a sad story all around. Good-bye Roberto, we so very much wanted to love you as a hero. Instead you became a tragic one.

It's best for Soldado to go and relaunch his career elsewhere. And most importantly for us, it's best for the club as we'll get a decent fee and get his high wages off the books. I imagine business will pick up once he's gone.

Very

Very myopic in your comments about Bobby, but that's to be expected!
I don't follow any of our players on Twitter. I have no interest in their social lives, or what nice guys they are. I watch what they do on the football field, and this guy was utter useless. He can be the Nelson Mandela of modern football but I am still glad he is gone. Just as I will always think that Gazza is welcome at the Lane for the great moments he gave us on the pitch, although many questionable ones off the pitch, I hope Soldado is never seen at the Lane again, except if he is missing a sitter for Villarreal next season. You can judge a player on their social media activity if you want, thats not for me.

I don't follow any of our players on Twitter. I have no interest in their social lives, or what nice guys they are. I watch what they do on the football field, and this guy was utter useless. He can be the Nelson Mandela of modern football but I am still glad he is gone. Just as I will always think that Gazza is welcome at the Lane for the great moments he gave us on the pitch, although many questionable ones off the pitch, I hope Soldado is never seen at the Lane again, except if he is missing a sitter for Villarreal next season. You can judge a player on their social media activity if you want, thats not for me.
I judge human beings as human beings. He was a decent footballer until he joined us. Likely the great novel of our times could be written describing what went wrong. As it stands, I'm not about to try that. I am going to say that I wish that hadn't been the case. I don't wish failure on signings, and want the people we sign to do well, and the club to do well.

That didn't happen in this case. I regret that. I also take note of his wider life. You don't have to, and I'm not about to demand you do. But I don't give a flying fuck either way what you happen to think either. I do think that if the best thing you can come up with is "Good riddance to bad rubbish" that you would probably do well to try harder.

I judge human beings as human beings. He was a decent footballer until he joined us. Likely the great novel of our times could be written describing what went wrong. As it stands, I'm not about to try that. I am going to say that I wish that hadn't been the case. I don't wish failure on signings, and want the people we sign to do well, and the club to do well.

That didn't happen in this case. I regret that. I also take note of his wider life. You don't have to, and I'm not about to demand you do. But I don't give a flying fuck either way what you happen to think either. I do think that if the best thing you can come up with is "Good riddance to bad rubbish" that you would probably do well to try harder.
Okay, I'll try harder.
Roberto Soldado... you were one of the worst players I ever saw at the Lane.
At no point in the two years of watching you misplace shots, passes, and miscontrol the ball; did you ever look like you were a professional footballer.
Every player that played with you is a worse player because of it, I feel like a worse fan for having watched you.
Goodbye, good riddance, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Amazing to me how a player like Pavlyuchenko who by all accounts had a good personality was villified by so many Spurs fans despite scoring bags of crucial goals for us. Yet this waster was given a free pass and excuse after excuse for so long for being absolute shit. I don't get our fan base sometimes. Even now scanning this thread many seem to be fond of him for what I have no idea. He tried? I would expect that from someone getting 100K a week personally.

Amazing to me how a player like Pavlyuchenko who by all accounts had a good personality was villified by so many Spurs fans despite scoring bags of crucial goals for us. Yet this waster was given a free pass and excuse after excuse for so long for being absolute shit. I don't get our fan base sometimes. Even now scanning this thread many seem to be fond of him for what I have no idea. He tried? I would expect that from someone getting 100K a week personally.
No one said fans were very smart. Pav arguably wasn't treated very well by the fans, or by Redknapp. That's not necessarily his fault.

Back
Top Bottom