January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me why some people get so butt hurt over the disagree button?

I reckon it can be overused by some.
Some folks would like to know why they get a disagree... like dude I took the time to write, can't you even explain why you disagree?

Then there's forum rage, which is nigh on identical to road rage..... toot your horn at someone when they fuck up........ more often than not I reckon you'll get the attack is the best form of defence approach lol

rage-people01.gif

lu7KfF2.gif

Xfgo02Y.gif

I'm left with a prevailing sense of mixed emotions. This season wasn't ever intended as one where we would be quite so competitive, and players like Mason, Bentaleb, Kane weren't supposed to be as pivotal as they have become, which naturally negates the necessity to find players in those areas, except for Kane. That we are so reliant upon him as that spearhead needed to be acknowledged, and maybe it was but to be an injury shy of our only legitimate striker option is bizarre, and more so when you consider he was third in the pecking order in August.

I don't go in for 'well we were told XYZ were signing for us' as Tottenham just don't do business that way, as such it is difficult to point fingers at Levy and Baldini, suffice to say, if we don't succeed upon any of our targets then, yet again, many will be talking about a January transfer window that has been our undoing.

I'll stick with the positives, and hope that scenario doesn't play itself out. The players are growing ever more in Pochettino's mould, we are in a final, have a wonderful tie with Fiorentina, and are still going strong in the league; I, well we all, hope that come May we'll be satisfied, even delighted by how our season unfolded.

Maybe we gimped our season by not buying backup for Kane. Maybe we enhanced our chances to have a good summer window by not spending stupidly with too little time for Mitchell and Poch to get their heads together?

Hm. Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to have Kane whole and sound.

Why did we choose to announce the kane deal yesterday and not last week?
In the interview about his new contract he talks about being on 18 goals.....

Pretty sure we could have announced the Alli deal far earlier than we did as well.

You've been #Levyd

Ive always maintained that the only transfers Im bothered about are strikers, so I know full well the potential gravity.
Now its up to Ade and Bobby.

Id have been more pissed off if Ade left at midnight.

WBA didnt sell Berahino, and Burnley didnt sell Ings. By all accounts, we made some enquiries. It didnt happen though, and we move on, and look in the summer.

Anyone though, who wanted us to spend 27M in central midfield last summer, claiming MS was a priority and was not concerned about a striker, doesnt have much right to start whining about not signing Bony last year when he was 20M though

Those guys didn't sell because they didn't want to lose such players and therefore put high price tags on them but is 10 mil really that high for Ings or 20 Mil for Berahino, was 20 mil over the top for Bony or Benteke, what would be an acceptable price for them, we'd demand much more if they were with us.

We are not going to get a bargain when it comes to strikers unless we are lucky, we have had two transfer windows to cover that area and failed. Morgan Schniederlin is a great player and I would love to see him here (apparently off to the scum in the summer) but a striker is by far the most important position to deal with. We have now left ourselves totally reliant on a single player, hoping he remain fit the rest of the season, Levy has not done his job end of story and I cannot see how people are defending him over this (I know your not), we are not Luton Town, we are suppose to be a big club.

Last edited:
I wanted rid of Ade, but I completely agree with Levy here, no fucking way we'll pay Ade to play for West Ham

That would have been a disaster, imagine he puts in a few good performances which he hasn't done for a year or so and gets them a bunch of points and they end up above us, not likely but could happen.

I personally hold Ade partially responsible for this. It is clear that we were willing to let him go on loan for 6 months to a bottom half side, he didn't want to move out of London and so we are stuck with him and his wages. I think we would've got a striker if we could've got rid of him. We stuck with him until Summer now, I think Levy, Redknapp and Ade all share some blame for this.

We still should be able to get a striker even if Ade stays, he doesn't have to be anywhere near the sqaud but it would have been nice to offload, thing is the guy does have some talent but simply wastes it, I don't see much of a way back for him anymore.

We probably argued over 50 quid or something - in addition, many on here thought he wasn't good enough for the mighty Spurs. Fucking lol.

Exactly, we don't call the shots on this, the selling teams do. When we had Bale and Madrid were desperate we could demand a big price, but we can't demand of other clubs to give us a bargain when they are potentially selling, we just have to deal with the fact we have a big weakness and we have to deal with it even if it costs a bit.

We still should be able to get a striker even if Ade stays, he doesn't have to be anywhere near the sqaud but it would have been nice to offload, thing is the guy does have some talent but simply wastes it, I don't see much of a way back for him anymore.

Though I agree with this, wouldn't it be funny to see him come on as sub on the weekend and get the winner against Woolwich, followed by a knee slide in front of their faithful...

We can dream at least...

Did Levy disagree with himself over the Adebayor loan?

He sanctions transfers right? so did he then veto his own proposal?

Yeaaah, if you think it was a question of "I'll loan him out - oh no, actually I won't", you're too dumb.

Obviously there were negotiations - Levy willing to let him go, but Wet Spam unwilling to meet his demands.
I would've loved seeing him go, but paying him to play for a rival would be moronic.

Correct, this isn't a FIFA game. Seriously, what did you expect? That we were somehow going to be able to offload 5 players and buy whomever we want? There are real world issues like squad size, salary budgets, and contracts. We don't just get to pick and choose what happens.

Be realistic. The melting is ridiculous.
the making out that signing a decent player to help out kane a bit is ridiculous. walking on water is easier than making a decent signing according to some of u lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom