Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hodgson-neville-view.ashx

He is a coach?
And watch the video below, if you don't think that pundits can analyse other positions after watching that then I feel for you bro :adebaehug:

I know he's a coach, but I said 'successful'. His career is relatively short (and perhaps part time) in that role.
Again, I didn't question their ability to analyse anything, it's the accuracy of the analysis that I find questionable; especially when they don't know what instruction or training that player is under.

I know he's a coach, but I said 'successful'. His career is relatively short (and perhaps part time) in that role.
Again, I didn't question their ability to analyse anything, it's the accuracy of the analysis that I find questionable; especially when they don't know what instruction or training that player is under.
I think he has been successful enough for England so far? Yeah the world cup was shocking but lets face it we could have done a lot worse since.

Do you not think he is accurate with what he is saying in the analysis above? You've got to remember that these players have been coached by the top level coaches and staff in the game, when they are defending against the strikers in training and the attacking coach is giving instruction they are going to listen too, they don't just switch off.

I think that Neville is probably the best pundit around and that he always talks sense, the same with Scholes (I'm not an undercover Utd fan, I rate Jenas too just not as highly yet). Even when you haven't picked up on things they pick out stuff that has happened and then you actually realise, that's the difference between them and us.

Back to Soldado, I think he will get the start tonight and coming off the back of a goal against Everton he will be confident. I don't think they will put us under as much pressure now the Ba is unavailable so we could have more freedom to play an expansive game hopefully giving him more space. COYS

I think he has been successful enough for England so far? Yeah the world cup was shocking but lets face it we could have done a lot worse since.

Do you not think he is accurate with what he is saying in the analysis above? You've got to remember that these players have been coached by the top level coaches and staff in the game, when they are defending against the strikers in training and the attacking coach is giving instruction they are going to listen too, they don't just switch off.

I think that Neville is probably the best pundit around and that he always talks sense, the same with Scholes (I'm not an undercover Utd fan, I rate Jenas too just not as highly yet). Even when you haven't picked up on things they pick out stuff that has happened and then you actually realise, that's the difference between them and us.

Back to Soldado, I think he will get the start tonight and coming off the back of a goal against Everton he will be confident. I don't think they will put us under as much pressure now the Ba is unavailable so we could have more freedom to play an expansive game hopefully giving him more space. COYS
England get results, but it's been a while since we've seen them look 'good'. Capello's England was similar - barely lose a game but play dire, then underperform at tournaments. That's unlikely to be down to international coaches, mind; it's a club level issue.

I'm not saying that I don't rate him as a pundit at all, but the game has evolved a lot in terms of how forwards work these days - I don't think anyone really can have the right/ability to critique how attacking players work these days beyond entertainment purposes or the glaringly obvious.

If it worked like that then Shearer would be able to win a game as manager, Hoddle would win the league and Andy Townsend wouldn't have been in average squads for his whole career. Not a criticism as such, but it's easy to talk about it and a different thing to actually be anything less than hypocritical in doing these things. "He should have been here/there" is a case of, if he wasn't they would only have said he should have been somewhere else on the pitch.

sigh.. we can only hope. We've only been hoping...
Wiki dude- you & me both gave it large in the infamous Paulinho debate. I'm still backing that donkey to come good. Jesus Christ- he tests my patience far more than Soldado- but I see glimpses of intelligent play & real passion from Bobby. And his goal V Everton was clinical as a result of some great play- Poch then drops him next game? We should have gone to Chavland with the same snappers & biters- the result may well have been the same or worse (if that is possible) but we as fans would have had no excuses other than the players were tired. Because they looked great against the lesser scousers in that game. Why put Bobby on the bench after a top performance? It just fucks his confidence back into the dirt. I waver between total adoration & abject disrespect for most of our team- but whenever I've seen Soldado, he gives it everything, will face up to blokes twice his size & shows as much frustration as anyone In the stadium when he misses a sitter. I have never once thought anything other than "please score a shitload Bobby" about him- that's because I see a true professional who gives a fuck about his employers (us). He will score goals regularly if he is given a run of games without being benched the game after he scores a great goal & puts in a high level performance. I have way more doubts about Paulinho than I do about Soldado. & I will still back him (Paulinho) to come good.

Wiki dude- you & me both gave it large in the infamous Paulinho debate. I'm still backing that donkey to come good. Jesus Christ- he tests my patience far more than Soldado- but I see glimpses of intelligent play & real passion from Bobby. And his goal V Everton was clinical as a result of some great play- Poch then drops him next game? We should have gone to Chavland with the same snappers & biters- the result may well have been the same or worse (if that is possible) but we as fans would have had no excuses other than the players were tired. Because they looked great against the lesser scousers in that game. Why put Bobby on the bench after a top performance? It just fucks his confidence back into the dirt. I waver between total adoration & abject disrespect for most of our team- but whenever I've seen Soldado, he gives it everything, will face up to blokes twice his size & shows as much frustration as anyone In the stadium when he misses a sitter. I have never once thought anything other than "please score a shitload Bobby" about him- that's because I see a true professional who gives a fuck about his employers (us). He will score goals regularly if he is given a run of games without being benched the game after he scores a great goal & puts in a high level performance. I have way more doubts about Paulinho than I do about Soldado. & I will still back him (Paulinho) to come good.

I hope Bobby scores a shitload of goals too, but at this point it just hasn't looked like happening. His goal scoring record during his run of games under AVB is skewed by penalties -- an unknown, as we can never hope to be awarded that many penalties game after game -- and his missed sitters have been demoralizing for both fans and Bobby. He'll get a larger number of games with Ade out, but realistically he's done nothing to suggest he'll take advantage of that. Like I said, all we can do is hope. I reckon both he and Pauli will likely be gone this time next year.

It's getting more difficult by the game to defend this guy. Doing everything right and not scoring is one thing. Continually fucking up the basics of being a centre-forward and not scoring is another.

I like the bloke for his endeavour and willingness and was hoping he'd come good. But can't defend him anymore. He was bought to be a poacher but keeps missing sitters. Time to cut our losses and part ways.

Only the 3 clear cut chances tonight then....sigh

Wonder what gives him a pass this week......floodlight failure put him off?
You are one of the critical sods I actually pay attention to. But do you really want Bobby out? If so, who would u replace him with, how much would you pay, & how long would you give him/her before it all went tits up again? Find us a better striker for the same money, who would walk into this rabble & rip it up in the EPL.

Only us. We desperately need a striker so sign one with one of the best conversion rates in Europe. Fast forward a season and a half , he can't score another is a mentalist and the third one has bags of promise but isn't an out and out goalscorer.

£170k a week for a player that puts in £17k's worth of effort. £26m on a striker who when it comes to scoring looks worth about £2.6m both being outshone in terms of confidence and effort by a guy who spat on himself and didn't cost anything.

Only at Spurs

Only us. We desperately need a striker so sign one with one of the best conversion rates in Europe. Fast forward a season and a half , he can't score another is a mentalist and the third one has bags of promise but isn't an out and out goalscorer.

£170k a week for a player that puts in £17k's worth of effort. £26m on a striker who when it comes to scoring looks worth about £2.6m both being outshone in terms of confidence and effort by a guy who spat on himself and didn't cost anything.

Only at Spurs

Yep our lack of a great out and out striker is costing us games, how many points would we have now if we had a decent striker. Bobby seems to miss a bunch every game but at least he gets into the penalty box, ade just stand on the touchline most of the time.

It makes no difference if we start to play better football if we can't stick the ball in the net. Good Strikers really are worth their weight in gold.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom