World Cup Matches Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

De Bruyne played amazing, Vertonghen as well.

Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Witsel suspended against Argentina, at least that's what they said on the Belgian tv. Vertonghen and Alderweireld will be missed. Nevertheless, if they play like this Argentina is beatable for sure.

There is honor in that defeat.
What I love about the USA team is that they love playing for their country as much as, if not more than, their club. Patriotic, passionate & everything England isn't. That team would have walked through walls tonight. Nothing but respect. Now, off to a titty bar with some rather dejected American lads. Consuela will cheer them up for €25.

TWO RIGHT BACKS.

TWO!!!

Lol. I think its safe to say there will be a few offers coming in for US players this window.

Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Witsel suspended against Argentina, at least that's what they said on the Belgian tv. Vertonghen and Alderweireld will be missed. Nevertheless, if they play like this Argentina is beatable for sure.
Only kompany got booked tonight I thought?

I am absolutely crushed.

Don't be. USA played with heart, fearlessness and pride in the best game I've seen for a long while. Belgium are obviously the better side technically but USA didn't let that stop them.

Saying that, the Belgians were crazy to let it get to 2-1 -- at 2-0 they should've shut up shop for 15 minutes.

Also, I think Lukaku on at 80 minutes would've wrapped things up in normal time.

I reckon Tim Howard will probably get an invite to the White House over the summer. Fuck me, was he good.

:dempsey::klinsmann:

The men go out on their shields that's for sure.

I'm really excited for the future. Yedlin has looked great and Brooks and Green show a lot of promise. I know we have at least three kids in Spanish academies so on and so forth. It will be great to see the squad for the Olympics.

Belgium fully deserves to go on. All around great game, thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to watch the rest of the Cup without heart palpitations.

Edit: one minute tho? Where is fergie wen you new him

Did they get yellow cards ? I think they are clean no ?

How many shots on goal did we have ... It nearly killed me, us played with Passion ... Credit to them

Back
Top Bottom