Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was wondering this

"Mauricio is joined by Jesús Pérez (Assistant Head Coach), Miguel D'Agostino (First Team Coach) and Toni Jiménez (Goalkeeper Coach) with whom he previously worked at both Southampton and Espanyol."

I can only think that mean Tony Parks is no longer GK Coach, Freund will no doubt be out on his arse, hopefully Ferdinand too (don't like him too much tbh).

Don't know what it means for Ramsay?

Hope we still keep Freund and Parks. Would be sad to see them go.

Levy proves he's a sucker for manager of the moment. Ramos, AVB and now Poch. Like it or not the one man who achieved for us was an experienced man.

Not impressed.

Notwithstanding, I will support Poch like I did AVB and hope he does the business. But consider me underwhelmed.

AVB wasn't the man of the moment.. He had been dumped by Chelsea and looking for a new club.

Money quote from the club statement for me. Mentioned right in the second paragraph.

"During his 18 months at St Mary's, Mauricio also oversaw the progress of home-grown stars such as Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana, James Ward-Prowse and Calum Chambers."

Our academy is supposedly at an all-time high in the Premier League era in regards to talent. In addition, we have 17 first team players that are 25 or under. Definitely looks like the club put an emphasis on finding a manager who can develop young talent while also matriculating academy players into the first team. Personally, I am a massive fan of that approach.

I also love Pochettino's style of play. Southampton were aesthetically the best team to watch this year behind only City and Liverpool. Beautiful attacking football mixed with a well defined and organized system. Very pleased with this appointment.

Can we sort this inevitable 'MoPo' situation out now as well, can we just agree to use it until we get to page 50 and then never speak of it again, just get it out of our system before flushing it twice. Please:lloris:

Not my first choice by far but hope to be proven well wrong

One thing I sincerely hope for is for him to be given the time AVB never was, allowing him to implement his plans, visions, etc. 2 seasons minimum, imv

Welcome to the fickle ship known as Spurs, Pochettino and all the best of luck

We're a loveable bunch, you'll see.

Back
Top Bottom