Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glad we're getting Pochettino in. He's improved Southampton considerably and seemed to have all the players onside. Important that we bring in someone who won't alienate players (like Lamela) and will actually have a good relationship with everyone at the club.

Don't quite understand how people can be upset over this. FDB is untested outside of Holland and Ancelotti won't be managing us anytime soon.

I just hope Pochettino is backed properly in the market so he can get in a proper LB, B2B and a striker. If we bring him in and don't back him, it's a waste of time. The only way we're going to get into the top 4 is through spending intelligently as the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd and Arse are going to spend big in this window.

Devil's advocate.

FdB, speaks English publicly, 4 years in management, Biggest team in a country yet handles it well and seems to be universally liked, 4 league titles, substantially more wins than losses, has made Ajax the most domestically consistent side in the Dutch league, has spoken publicly about wanting the job and wanting to turn us into a great team again.

Pochettino 5 years in management, no silverware at all, more losses than wins, isn't confident enough to speak English publicly, has managed 2 sides with no expectations beyond being "respectable," failed at Espanyol, good spell at Southampton but they often look knackered after an hour (see our comeback this season).

Personally I'll support him if he's brought in. Anyone we bring in will be a gamble, it's the nature of the game but de Boer is a far more calculated risk than Pochettino is.

I want a manager who can get the team playing as one.. I want a manager who knows what our best 11 is. I want a manager who knows how to set up a defence without a weekly comedy of errors. I want a manager who makes the players smile I want a manger who plays attractive Tottenham style football. I want a manager who stops players from sulking. I want a manager who realises we need a left back. I want a manager who EVERY player at the club respects.
Whoever it may be, as long as he does the above then he'll do for me..

Getting someone in this early would be the right thing to do..
Whether Pochettino is the right choice, time would tell.. If it is him, then he will get my full backing..

To be fair to Pochttino, until AVB we've never had anyone with any pedigree in my lifetime and even then he didnt have much pedigree at all.

I dont know who people expect us to be able to convince, its not as if they will be following a string of massive names.

We cant expect to punch above our weight I guess.

Of course, I, and 99% of us will get behind whoever the new manager is, but the thing is, I think the Tottenham support are so pissed off with the last season, where we went through two managers, and were frankly, shit, throughout. While watching our rivals win silverware for the first time in almost a decade, and our best player of 2012-13 season being sold in his prime and then scoring and lifting the CL at his new club in his first season...I don't think we can afford to get in someone like Poch. The pressure on him will be unbearable and will just grow and grow should he not win his first few matches. Even if he starts well, what about when he hits a blip and we lose 6-0 to Citeh or Lolerpool, or lose to our rivals again? I think FDB would be given more slack by the fans because he has proven himself a winnner already.

He`s definately an upgrade on Sherwood though. I also think he`ll prove to be a better manager than AVB. I reckon he`s definately got more about him than Redknapp too, and Ramos. All the Southampton players seemed to enjoy playing for him, and he was an Argentine international. I think He`ll command the respect of the players too. All in all I aint too disappointed.
"THERE`S ONLY ONE POCHETTINO"

God, I hope that's not true. Levy "most impressed by Poch's philosophy"? Isn't that exactly where we were with bloody AVB?

I swear, all a manager has to do to get the job at our club is pitch up with the right set of clichΓ©s about attacking football and building a project and Levy will give him the job. Plus, Β£3m a year - I think he's cheaper than any of our recent managers bar Sherwood if that is true. I think with FdB being a bigger name, Levy has settled for the easier appointment.

So underwhelming. I'm hoping I am pleasantly proved wrong with a barnstorming display from Poch, but this just stinks of another potential appointment of uncertainty and disappointment, with us right back here in 18 months.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I just don't see why Levy can't just push the boat out though, just for once, and get a top of the line manager. A proven winner. He wants top four, but he's happy to give the job to one hit wonders (or "no hit" in the case of Weasel) three times in a row.

Oh well, no use fretting over it. At least I won't go into the season with an over inflated hope for good times - which, in one respect, may actually be a good thing.

This is bullshit - a poor man's AVB

Pulis had a better record than this clown. And Tim did the double - lol

Inexcusable if Dan goes down this route again

How about we wait until he's lost a couple of games before we start slagging the poor cunt off? Maybe even just wait until he's got the job?

"Support" like this is why we are where we are.

Not my favorite Disney film to be honest

Something, something better than Robin of Sherwood Forest , something

Let's not jump to conclusions here..

AjaxFanzone.NL has just tweeted that they have it from a good source that Frank De Boer is leaving..

Apparently it's a well respected site..

The plot thickens...

Some speculation de Boer is headed to Milan. That one makes sense. Seedorf was no less a stopgap than Sherwood.

Also rumors de Boer is in London tonight. Looks to be a very interesting week.

How about we wait until he's lost a couple of games before we start slagging the poor cunt off? Maybe even just wait until he's got the job?

"Support" like this is why we are where we are.

He should probably get the whole season before anyone questions his ability to manage the team as it takes a while to get used to the new surroundings, players, etc. and to implement his tactics.

Some speculation de Boer is headed to Milan. That one makes sense. Seedorf was no less a stopgap than Sherwood.

Also rumors de Boer is in London tonight. Looks to be a very interesting week.

I could actually imagine that happening. It would be quite a challenge for him which I think is exactly what he's looking for, isn't it? Either way, I'm hoping for some announcements very soon. All these speculations are driving me insane! :dempsey:

Back
Top Bottom