Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People went OTT on Toney's alleged attitude problems and I'd think he be a good fit but I don't want us to sign him purely because a ST isn't a priority, don't think Ange would have him anyway and Levy certainly isn't putting that kind of money down on a 28 year old.

People went OTT on Toney's alleged attitude problems and I'd think he be a good fit but I don't want us to sign him purely because a ST isn't a priority, don't think Ange would have him anyway and Levy certainly isn't putting that kind of money down on a 28 year old.

Geezer has shown blatant red flags..... Whether or not they manifest to the detriment of a club remains to be seen, but having just had a 6 month ban; well........ A black mark already exists.

Nico is exciting, for sure. Great dribbler, gets lots of assists. But also scores just once every 10 games...in a slower, much less physical league where defenders back off a lot. Also, how would he deal with life away from Bilbao? Wouldn't be the first Spaniard to come to the UK and struggle to adapt...

Kid bloody loves himself, but man he's so good. Can pretty much do it all. As with Nico, would need to be able to handle the physicality of the PL...but he's going back to PSG anyway.

Love him, what a gem Napoli unearthed for next to nothing. They've been shite this year, but his levels have dropped nowhere near as much as his mates. Put some muscle on him and dear Lord...

Cheapest of the lot, but would still be round the 50mil mark. Good player, but still a lot of room for improvement.

Leao is a shithead. And he's lazy. Fuck him. Let a cunt club like PSG or Chelsea have him.

If PSG get Leao to replace Mbappe that surely opens the door for a bod for Xavi Simons?

On Nico, I have watched him several times and I actually think the Prem would suit him more. The closer you get to him the more likely you are to get ripped to shreds.

Kvara would be the biggest transfer statement this club has made since Klinsmann IMO but why not??

If we want to try and unearth our own Kvara it might be a case of going back for Nusa but that has it's own risks...

People talking 80-100M is not realistic.

Brentford won't get the bidding war they expect and I'd say if we're in for him there's a strong chance we'd be the only CL team in for him.

50 gets him IMO.

Ok, but if we want to be where Arse and Liverpool are, we need to score as many as they have, and with our defending the way it is, maybe score even more.
Not saying we don't need better attackers we do.

Not including penalties, Liverpools attackers have scored one more than our forwards.

Arsenals attackers have scored less then ours.

But both their midfields score more goals than ours.

These are the players I - for various reasons - wouldn't mind selling/leaving. I know it's hard to sell this many players but it's still doable.

Alfie Whiteman
Brandon Austin (Contract ends 2024)

Ryan Sessegnon
Sergio Reguilon
Joe Rodon
Japhet Tanganga
Djed Spence

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg
Gio Lo Celso
Tungay Ndombele

Bryan Gil

MAYBES

Emerson Royal
Manor Solomon
Yaya Santiago
Troy Parrott
Can add Skipp to that aswell. Ange clearly does favour him.

Yet we have a better goalscorer playing for us up top.
We do, but only in certain games.

I love Sonny to bits but the game versus the Dildo Pikeys is where he struggles. A back 8 with zero space.

I do think that 9 position is vital. And we’ll need someone sooner rather than later.

Not sure if we’re still interested in Gimenez.

Nope, that's an addiction, not an attitude problem

Oh that's better? You don't want to sign players with attitude problems but addictions are fine?

In life, fully on board with supporting people with addictions.

This is elite sport and it's about winning. Teams want to know everything about players they invest in. You don't invest millions and your coaches time into a player with a gambling addiction unless you re desperate or a club that gambles itself.

Back
Top Bottom