Tottenham Hotspur v Luton. 3pm 30/3/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pump posting? :ledleylick:
wanna see my onlyfan?
VtQY.gif

Clearly i do. You haven't a clue that's quite clear.. there can always be luck to score goals. We aren't clinical enough and that's always been clear all season. If you don't think we've stumbled over the line in the end then you aren't watching the same game.

Of course there's luck in football but, you make your own luck in Sport that's generally how it works, hence why the most dominant teams tend to win because they overpower the smaller sides but that doesn't mean we were lucky as that infers that we didn't deserve to win, utter nonsense.

Your logic is stupid because if Son's goal would have gone in without a deflection or Werner tapped the ball in instead of their def then that ultimately wouldn't change the narrative of the match, we deserved to win regardless.

We weren't great but we still deserved the win. Luton didn't really create anything of note apart from the goal.

We played poorly. And won.

Some on here jizz over Woolwich when they do it.
80% agree with that, although I thought Luton played their hearts out and we weren't that poor, at least in the second half when we remembered how to pass.

Fourth in the fucking table you fuckwit. Why do you even watch if you're that against the team. WE. WON.
So we won. But look how we won...I'm not against our team you silly little boy...I desperately want to see it improve....but today was ordinary at best. And please with the profane insults...I'm just expressing an opinion so keep a civil tongue in your head...or a civil finger on your keyboard...

One goal in open play. A hugely lucky win against a fairly ordinary side. It's definitely one for the happy clappers...
3 points, yes...but we're going to be wiped out by good teams. Some people simply don't care about the standard of our team anymore. I'm utterly unconvinced by Maddison, Richarlison and Bissouma. Kulusevski and Bentancur both products of the Parasite and I'm still totally convinced that there were some heavy backhanders there.
I'm fast losing faith in the new management too. No plan b ...or plan c for that matter. Just stand on the touch line do nothing and hope. It's simply not good enough for the Great Spurs.
Everyone seems to know exactly how we'll play and adjusts their style accordingly. It's getting to be a bit of a farce really....difficult to be enthusiastic atm...for me anyway...
D'ya want Conte back then?
Luton are fighting for their lives, we knew it would be tough, we knew it wasn't going to be a walk over.
This is a first season with no real preseason and a shit load of injuries.. and we are currently 4th, I would have snapped your hand off for this season.
Its going to be a roller coaster, just hang on and enjoy the ride, even if you shit yourself on the bends and dips

It should be Bentancur and Johnson for the rest of the season when fit . Bissouma and Kulusevski look really poor and have done for a while
The point of a good squad is it doesn’t have to be binary - the former did well and looked better today but it could be the other way around just as easily on Tuesday. Kulu and Bissouma come on after an hour and win us the game and change the style

It literally was lucky..why don't you try watching it with your eyes open. Am own goal? Deflected goal? Oh we played well for a bit in the second half. Two moments where son could/should have scored and the one that looked in. That's it? At home to Luton you're accepting that. Lol well ok then

We had 3.2 XG, so taking on your view that our goals were pure luck; where did all that XG come from?

There were multiple goal line clearances, 3 (4?) posts hit and a number of dangerous crosses that shaved through that could have easily been tapped in.

It was a scratchy performance but it wasn't a "lucky" win.

Back
Top Bottom