Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

View: https://x.com/markstatsbot/status/1756402954217959677?s=20

Dier is now a starter at Bayern, picked ahead of a fully fit €80m Matthijs de Ligt!

For a very long time I've been calling De Ligt the Dutch Eric Dier when folk on here demanded "Why aren't we in for him" I'm now calling him the poor man's Dutch Eric Dier. Oh and for the odd crowd, who took some some perverse pleasure in turning VDV success as a signing as somehow a slight on people who wanted Tapsoba as well, you will find the former went home and emptied his car keys and Harry Kane on to the table. He's about to win the league.Paratici was right about them both. I Wish we'd gone balls out and got them.

On this theme I suspect along-side Alonso, Tabsoba and Hincapie are about to become serious long-term torns in our side at Liverpool.

For a very long time I've been calling De Ligt the Dutch Eric Dier when folk on here demanded "Why aren't we in for him" I'm now calling him the poor man's Dutch Eric Dier. Oh and for the odd crowd, who took some some perverse pleasure in turning VDV success as a signing as somehow a slight on people who wanted Tapsoba as well, you will find the former went home and emptied his car keys and Harry Kane on to the table. He's about to win the league.Paratici was right about them both. I Wish we'd gone balls out and got them.

On this theme I suspect along-side Alonso, Tabsoba and Hincapie are about to become serious long-term torns in our side at Liverpool.
Absolutely no way could we have got Tapsoba out of there, as he's got a chance of winning the league and playing CL football this term.

Di Ligt is being linked to Man U now which is nice.

Absolutely no way could we have got Tapsoba out of there, as he's got a chance of winning the league and playing CL football this term.

Di Ligt is being linked to Man U now which is nice.
Never once claimed it was likely but we now (with are current resources )must try. We need to be ambitious. Levy must have learned from the Suarez Mane misses. We have a window here when we can put serious cash on the table...

Never once claimed it was likely but we now (with are current resources )must try. We need to be ambitious. Levy must have learned from the Suarez Mane misses. We have a window here when we can put serious cash on the table...
I think we are doing that. The main reason is that we are in a position to do that, we are now financially robust, underpinned by a healthy revenue stream. (we didn't have that with Mane etc, no way could we have competed with the wages offered)

Last edited:
It may be a fully fit de Ligt but he's far from fully match-fit.
However, he's yet to live up to his price tag both at Juve and at Bayern - just like de Jong at Barca. I wouldn't be surprised if Man Utd bought both of them this summer for €80m each.
Can't say I've got a true picture on Di Ligt's injury but knew he picked up a knee injury during winter break training camp (Jan), but has played all 4 full games since, the only game he wasn't selected for was Leverkusen??

I liked him at Ajax but it's fair to say he hasn't progressed at all. He's still a good CB but a long way off a top one.

Again, was a massive fan of De Jong, he was way, way above the level of De Ligt, but hard to pinpoint the issues at Barca, but I'll cut him some slack as this doesn't make him unique, I can't think of a single player that has gone there that's excelled, so I'm going to say the Club is probably the problem rather than the plyer.

Can't say I've got a true picture on Di Ligt's injury but knew he picked up a knee injury during winter break training camp (Jan), but has played all 4 full games since, the only game he wasn't selected for was Leverkusen??

I liked him at Ajax but it's fair to say he hasn't progressed at all. He's still a good CB but a long way off a top one.

Again, was a massive fan of De Jong, he was way, way above the level of De Ligt, but hard to pinpoint the issues at Barca, but I'll cut him some slack as this doesn't make him unique, I can't think of a single player that has gone there that's excelled, so I'm going to say the Club is probably the problem rather than the plyer.
Thats gone there recently you mean?

Thats gone there recently you mean?
Yeah, recently. Not precise on what exact timeframe that would be, just going off my gut.

Just taken a glance at their transfers on https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-barcelona/alletransfers/verein/131 and fuck me it's horrendous churn!! The only player that stands out was Louis Suarez way back in 14/15. Of course, they've signed some big players but have they really made it there? I'm sure some have that I've missed but it's really not a good look.

Yeah, recently. Not precise on what exact timeframe that would be, just going off my gut.

Just taken a glance at their transfers on https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-barcelona/alletransfers/verein/131 and fuck me it's horrendous churn!! The only player that stands out was Louis Suarez way back in 14/15. Of course, they've signed some big players but have they really made it there? I'm sure some have that I've missed but it's really not a good look.
I am massively suspicious of EVERY SINGLE ONE of that Ajax team. I said it shortly after, from Schone, to Deligt,to De Jong, Onnana and Zeyich* I don't really rate any of them they were classic system players include the coach and they are hard wired bottlers too. They should have killed that tie about five times over.

View: https://twitter.com/Daily_Hotspur/status/1760607135853936912

Pretends To Be Shocked Fake Shock GIF by AIDES

Back
Top Bottom