Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sonny absolutely useless. Richarlison and Maddison both passengers. Davies and Royal Fullbacks who offer nothing going forward. And we can’t be bothered to mark players on both wolves goals. Bissouma especially to blame via the give away and him ball watching while standing right next to the goal scorer Gomes. Truly uninspiring today. Sort it out asap. Ps. Kulu is excused

Yep definitely don't have as much individual star power as previous teams but they are just a results machine.

Most teams can't live with their relentless pressure even if the quality levels are slightly lower.

When they were previously at full pelt, Henderson, Wijnaldum & Fabinho wasn't exactly dripping with mercurial star-power either.

I thought we looked disjointed today. There wasn't any of the normal quick passing into feet in the phase after turning over the ball because we know where and when certain players are going to be. Maybe it was because Wolves had prepared well, maybe it was because the ultra important FB's were both changed, but it just didn't feel as fluid as it has done. Ah well, I'd rather occasionally see us lose playing front foot tactics that once in a while grab a lucky victory by playing antifootball.

One thing though, I wouldn't mind seeing a few more 18-20 yd potshots from our midfielders. I don't think we try this enough. Hit the target and you never know what will come of it. Goals/knock downs/mayhem. I'm sure there's a good statistical reason we don't do it, but it would be fun to watch.

Onwards and upwards. COYS.
Royal had a shot from 20 yards. Their keeper chose to collect it with his hands but he could have controlled it with his foot and taken it on the half turn

Such a brilliant young talent at Fulham. I really thought he would prove to be a great signing.

It's just not happening is it?

We went big (30m quid by the time you factor in a few mil for Onomah too) on a teen-aged one-season champo wonder........... We should have cooled our jets and went back to the fabled 'monitoring' stage when he visibly struggled in the EPL the year after; not signed him regardless.

That's he's proven to be a biscuit-boy is just an unfortunate part of the equation.

Only saw MOTD:

- Wolves 532 when not in possession stifled us by swamping the middle; relinquishing the wings which we failed to exploit.
- Spurs spinning their wheels and not finding the incisive creativity required.
- Nor embracing the alternative of banging some early crosses to exploit Rich.
- Biss the villain of the day for being casual on the winning goal.

Did I miss anything else?

Last edited:
Only saw MOTD:

- Wolves 532 when not in possession stiffed us by swamping the middle; relinquishing the wings which we failed to exploit.
- Spurs spinning their wheels and not finding the incisive creativity.
- Not embracing the alternative of banging some early crosses to exploit Rich.
- Biss the villain of the day for being casual on the winning goal.

Did I miss anything else?

I'm glad you raised the issue of sending in some crosses to Richy. I haven't seen MOTD and i have limited knowledge of football tactics, but it seemed to me in the final third, we were passing it around way too often, in a very narrow corridor.

Richy is very good in the air.
Why not exploit that ?

I'm genuinely interested in what I am missing here.

Apparently it is the equivalent of calling the Virgin Mary a crack whore

I’d like to hear more of these opinions!

So the Virgin Mary was said to have lived BC and enjoyed nighttime shenanigans with someone other than her husband. Already quite controversial to some.

The fact she was also a time traveller who had access to crack cocaine is a new one on me.

Or are you saying that the Holy Ghost or whoever was up to no good after dark was supplying the crack cocaine?

This is the Sunday morning stuff I can rely for TFC for. My priest has never talked about any of this stuff.

Yep. & to be positive we have our starting keeper & back 4 sorted for a good few years. Now it’s to improve the midfield & attack.
How much and how many players have we just purchased in attack? Piss poor recruitment. Did anyone really think Johnson and Werner coming on were gonna be game changers!

I was also glad to meet you and made it here too, as promised!

Another poor showing but I do feel like we've got multiple players still playing their way back to full fitness & match sharpness so we need to be careful not to expect too much of them. Missed Pedro and Destiny badly today too. I feel like we were quite shot-shy today but 15 shots isn't that bad, but 4 on target definitely is.

There's a lot better to come though, a couple of weeks uninterrupted with Ange should help get back to playing regularly the way we've seen in short spells.
Welcome to the mad house and great to meet you too.
That's a very balanced, calm and non-hysterical first post - not sure how long you'll last on here!
🤭
Onwards and upwards
:angehug:

Really really poor today. The goal aside Kulu was poor, Son was shocking, lost count the amount of times he gave the ball away. Maddison has not found form since his return and poor again today. We all know what Richy offers and not great today either. That's your front attacking four offering very little at all and in turn putting pressure on everyone behind them.
Biss caused the second goal losing possession, then not once looking around to see the goal scorer running off his shoulder. Royal is just not good enough for our system, either going forward or defensively.
We need to figure out a plan b to break down teams that sit in, as the tippy Tappy crap we played today is certainly not cutting it.
Would help if someone crossed the ball now and then!

Back
Top Bottom