Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tuchel wasn't really given the chance to pass/fail, he obviously wasn't wanted there by the owners, not sure if you can use him as case study because he's making a pigs ears of the Bayern job.

I’ve said this in the Kane thread but Bayern’s PPG is the highest it has been since 2016 and the 4th highest in their history.

He’s a bit unlucky Leverkusen are having a monster season. Usually they’d be stupidly clear.

I’ve said this in the Kane thread but Bayern’s PPG is the highest it has been since 2016 and the 4th highest in their history.

He’s a bit unlucky Leverkusen are having a monster season. Usually they’d be stupidly clear.

Which tells you the league is weaker than it usually is therefore they have no excuses not to be equalling Leverkusen or above them but forget all that they don't pass the eye test - they play at low intensity and are rarely convincing every time I've watched them play.

Which tells you the league is weaker than it usually is

It got that much weaker in a single season?

You don’t have to like their play-style but he’s got them winning almost every game they play.

Tuchel is a bit boring/functional but they’ve dropped points in 4 games all season. Leverkusen are just waaaayyyy exceeding expectations.

It got that much weaker in a single season?

You don’t have to like their play-style but he’s got them winning almost every game they play.

Tuchel is a bit boring/functional but they’ve dropped points in 4 games all season. Leverkusen are just waaaayyyy exceeding expectations.

How do you quantify the strength of a team based on overall points from season to season?, no season is alike.

Bayern are crap, they haven't impressed in the CL, nothing I've seen from them is convincing this season.

How do you quantify the strength of a team based on overall points from season to season?, no season is alike.

Bayern are crap, they haven't impressed in the CL, nothing I've seen from them is convincing this season.

I like to think a team who have dropped points in four league games all season who are on course for an incredible points tally are doing quite well but sure .. they’re crap.

They topped their group with 2 games to spare in the CL.

I like to think a team who have dropped points in four league games all season who are on course for an incredible points tally are doing quite well but sure .. they’re crap.

They topped their group with 2 games to spare in the CL.

You keep talking about points tally like it means something

It's like saying AVB's points tally of 72 (finished 5th) means that he is a better manager and we had a better team than Redknapp's of 70/69 where we finished 4th, meaningless.

Their CL group was weak, none of the games there impressed me in, slow, methodical, low intensity nonsense, didn't look convincing at all.

Tuchel may be a decorated coach but he's taken Bayern backwards since Nagelsmann, any Bayern fan will tell you that.

Probably because you have seen nothing of them this season.

Great argument that, well done 👏

Last edited:
You keep talking about points tally like it means something

It's like saying AVB's points tally of 72 (finished 5th) means that he is a better manager and we had a better team than Redknapp's of 70/69 where we finished 5th, meaningless.

Their CL group was weak, none of the games there impressed me in, slow, methodical, low intensity nonsense, didn't look convincing at all.

Tuchel may be a decorated coach but he's taken Bayern backwards since Nagelsmann, any Bayern fan will tell you that.

Of course it fucking does, how else are we judging coaches? He’s winning games week in week out. Style is secondary to substance.

Nagelsmann had them in third. Might wanna talk to some different Bayern fans.

You’re basically saying the marker is whether you’re pretty/exciting to watch, which it isn’t. The marker is games won. Tuchel has them winning more games than they have since 2016, ergo he is doing well.

Of course it fucking does, how else are we judging coaches? He’s winning games week in week out. Style is secondary to substance.

Nagelsmann had them in third. Might wanna talk to some different Bayern fans.

You’re basically saying the marker is whether you’re pretty/exciting to watch, which it isn’t. The marker is games won. Tuchel has them winning more games than they have since 2016, ergo he is doing well.

No it does not 🤦‍♂️

You know how to use context right? Just because he's getting more points it doesn't mean he has bettered previous managers, your logic is crazy - you know your ball so you realise that the relative strength of leagues differs from season to season.

Nagelsmann had them 2nd, still in the domestic Cup and had a perfect record in the CL , guess who came along and ended that and for relevance look at the performances in the CL and the Cup compared to last season.

Everyone knows why he was sacked and that was due to club politics, he was basically doing better than Tuchel across the board and Tuchel has the best striker in the world to boot btw, you saying he's doing well is laughable because he's already under achieved this season.

No it does not 🤦‍♂️

You know how to use context right? Just because he's getting more points it doesn't mean he has bettered previous managers, your logic is crazy - you know your ball so you realise that the relative strength of leagues differs from season to season.

Nagelsmann had them 2nd, still in the domestic Cup and had a perfect record in the CL , guess who came along and ended that and for relevance look at the performances in the CL and the Cup compared to last season.

Everyone knows why he was sacked and that was due to club politics, he was basically doing better than Tuchel across the board and Tuchel has the best striker in the world to boot btw, you saying he's doing well is laughable because he's already under achieved this season.

‘Guess who came along and ended that’ come onnnnn they played Manchester City! The eventual champions and fucking treble winners. With Tuchel having had about five minutes in the job! Nagelsmann had been struggling in the league (dortmund were NOWHERE NEAR as good as Leverkusen are this season) - especially compared to Tuchel.

He’s already under-achieved by managing a ridiculous points tally and topping their CL group … right, okay. I guess if you just ignore all reality that is the case. Their only failure has been in the domestic cup, in every other competition their record is almost perfect.

The relative strength this year in the Bundesliga = all German sides qualified through CL/EL groups apart from Union Berlin. The league is stronger this year if anything - a Dortmund side who got knocked out by Potter’s Chelsea were the competition last year, Leverkusen’s PPG and overall quality is far higher.

‘Guess who came along and ended that’ LMAO they played Manchester City! The eventual champions and fucking treble winners. Nagelsmann had been struggling in the league (dortmund were NOWHERE NEAR as good as Leverkusen are this season) - especially compared to Tuchel.

He’s already under-achieved by managing a ridiculous points tally and topping their CL group … right, okay. I guess if you just ignore all reality that is the case.

The record books show Tuchel came in and got battered by City, that's the long and the short of it mate.

He's under achieved by the virtue of being knocked out by a team 2 divisions below them, who gives a fuck about points tallies in CL groups or the league if you aren't winning it, topping his CL group is the bare minimum of what he should be achieving with that club, you get judged on winning stuff at Bayern mate not how many points you accumulate.

Tuchel's remit was to make Bayern better than they were last season, at this very moment in time he's taken them backwards, no matter how much you try and twist reality - he's doing a poor job.

Back
Top Bottom