Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Spursy/bottling narrative is weird and forced, it being perpetuated by rival fans and media is one thing but by your own fans is just pathetic - Ironically those repeating the tag shows how shit their own mentality is if you actually believe that crap.

The Spursy/bottling narrative is weird and forced, it being perpetuated by rival fans and media is one thing but by your own fans is just pathetic - Ironically those repeating the tag shows how shit their own mentality is if you actually believe that crap.

Exactly.

If you were look at what this team has got through this season, they have been more resilient than any other team in the prem would have been.

Newcastle for example had similar issues and have collapsed, fallen into discipline issues off the pitch and looked like they want give up on several occassions. Do we hear a forced narrative about them being soft? Do their fans think they are?

No clue how they have worked that out.

Not sure Vocario had a save to make. That is some kind of anomoly.

Yeah, an interesting quirk of xG there - if you think about where the Everton goals were actually 'scored' from then they were point blank range with Vicario nowhere near them. Essentially both would have been about as close to 1xG each as you can get.

So I guess, if you don't have a potential Vicario fouling or Romero basically assisting their equaliser, their xG would be much more reflective of the game.

I don’t believe it’s a conspiracy (as such) but definitely some unconscious bias against us by officials knowing there’s no come back however harshly or inconsistently wrong they treat us.

View: https://x.com/footballconfid1/status/1753802787958210716?s=46

Have to be good enough to beat it.

There is no question that the old sky establishment is tough to break and the deep-rooted biases about each team are very hard to shake. The officials in this country are very clearly swayed by those media narratives and biases as well. No other way to explain that out of nowhere we have this targeted attack on our GK with un called fouls that have been fouls all season.

But you have to just beat it. That attitude has to go as high up as the club as well. This summer, go and get a forward player that can win you games despite getting hacked, despite the way the officals get swept up into the latest narrative about you.

1 loss in 9 league games.

Bottling narrative is tiresome at this point. We can't win every game.

Yeah, an interesting quirk of xG there - if you think about where the Everton goals were actually 'scored' from then they were point blank range with Vicario nowhere near them. Essentially both would have been about as close to 1xG each as you can get.

So I guess, if you don't have a potential Vicario fouling or Romero basically assisting their equaliser, their xG would be much more reflective of the game.

0.85 for us seems low as well but whatever. This just shows how flawed xG is for analyzing a small sample size of games and just how much context is missing in the formula.

Couldn't watch live, just seen the whole match without knowing the result. Fuck knows what the nappy wetters thought but here's my take...

Obviously disappointed not to get the three points, but it was a hugely enjoyable game nonetheless. The reason why you love watching football essentially. Both teams played really well, I thought 1-15 our boys were fantastic, no doubt Everton fans thought the same about theirs, they were great opponents. It was the sort of game that if you were there you would have had a fine old time, and if you'd run into the other teams fans afterwards you'd have enjoyed a pint with them.

When all's said and done, our season doesn't stand or fall on this result.

Another late goal is devastating to be honest but move on and win the next 3 home games and see where that takes us. The quick turnover from Wednesday maybe took its toll today but we still need to see that out.

You’ve got to wonder whether fatigue is playing a major factor in the loss of concentration resulting in the stat the Athletic published
Nah..Its the weak mentality permeating through our club from the top down. Conte saw it and Conte called it. Until this issue is addressed we'll continue to see more than our rightful share of capitulations and bottle jobs which sees us finish every season empty handed. Whoever the manager. Whoever the players

Although you could bury your head in the sand, I suppose. Just brush it off with a feeble excuse like yours🤷‍♂️

Exactly.

If you were look at what this team has got through this season, they have been more resilient than any other team in the prem would have been.

Newcastle for example had similar issues and have collapsed, fallen into discipline issues off the pitch and looked like they want give up on several occassions. Do we hear a forced narrative about them being soft? Do their fans think they are?

Self loathing or beating yourself up normally acts as a comfort blanket if the moment eventually does happen, makes people feel better about themselves accepting that particular fate now as opposed to being hurt at the end of the season, complete and utter bullshit pussyhole mentality if you ask me.

It's why those very same people feel entirely justified who constantly attacking the club, because it boosts their own pitiful self esteem - You'll see the kind of 'fans' who will react to this post negatively or leave funnies or x's which will tell you exactly who I'm talking about.

Last edited:
It's also strange because people were saying how Dier was the problem and we needed Romero back.

I was never really happy with the defence, even when we were beating Man United 2-0 at home, because you could see another team could punish us.

I'm not joking when I say all of our games could've finished 2-2 this season and it is the most likely score.
You think Bournemouth and Burnley away could have ended 2-2 do you?!......🤣

Really bad goals to concede - v disappointed but we weren’t at it again over the 90.
I thought the reffing was abysmal - Vic was weak on the first goal but seen them chalked off 50/50 but the Godfrey dive and then getting a yellow later really fucks me off.
Where’s the consistency?

It’s such a lazy and unoriginal moniker usually adopted by those trying to make their name as a hipster pundit in the media (that chav twat Rory Jennings) or deliberate wind up merchants trying to provoke an argument and haven’t the brain cells to come up with an original insult!

We could really do with coming up with a term to throw back and nullify it much like Yid Army. 🤔

It's not the goal Everton scored at the end that hurt, it that Spurs went up 2-1 and didn't get a third goal. It's year one for Postecoglou. Next year when everyone has a full year of exposure to his approach and there are a couple more attacking minded players on board Spurs will get that third goal.

Back
Top Bottom