January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

oh I started posting at 667..my bad.
crazy cuckoo GIF

Can you give me any examples of what the ownership did well during the 70s and 80s other than get lucky that we won a few cups?

Do you actually think they ran the club well?
Not forgetting how drastically football has changed in that time.
Yes they generally run the club very well, with some bad decisions thrown in (appointing Terry Neill, selling Pat Jennings) but from late 70's they had the foresight to stick with Burkinshaw despite relegation, sign Ardiles and Villa while the rest of the football world didnt have the vision, knew we were still short up front so signed the best we could get in Archibald and Crooks.

We had a brilliant scouting system with Tony Galvin, Graham Roberts, Gary Mabbutt all signed from non or lower leagues and youth set up (Hoddle, Perryman, Falco, Miller, Hazard, Hughton, Brooke).

Those cup wins weren't luck but the culmination of a few years of great decisions on the footballing side

We only lack depth.... Our 1st choice 11 went unbeaten for first 10 games. Dragusin and Werner are good options, we might actually be on the right tracks this window.... Its going to be interesting... I'd still love us to splash 15m on Guirassy and get a quality defensive midfielder coz we've lost Bissouma AND Sarr... But our first choice 11 can beat anyone
We've lost Bissouma and Sarr for a total of 3-4 games max. We're not going to splash anything to get backup for them for a few weeks. That's how we end up with bloated squads.

Especially if they aren't even vaguely German. Madridistas are fucking obnoxious and entitled on social media, but at least La Liga has a kind of glamour. Becoming a glory hunter for the team in a farmer's league is properly scum-tier behaviour.
Do you watch Bundesliga football?
I wouldn't call Bor. Dortmund, Leverkusen, Leipzig, Frankfurt for "farmer league" clubs though...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom