OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm been conned by fucking skybet. How do I attach image on here???

Click on the link below:

newFile.jpg

So funny how the narrative all season has been we need to temper our expectations, we can't seriously expect to challenge, Woolwich are the only serious contender for City's throne, and we go into 2024 ONE point behind them with the home fixture yet to play.
Im not saying we are title contenders but the media give lego man and his band of merry cunts way too much credit.

That's the strongest possible side.

I expect Forster to play just cos... Udogie won't be risked imo so maybe a Phillips/Dorrington start and Royal left? But Porro too needs a rest. It's tricky. Think Donley might get a start but think that's about all the rotation we should risk...
I don't think there will be more than 4 or 5 changes, but that's still half the team...

Kulu's had a rest today, so should be good to go... Real shame about Veliz as I think he was almost guaranteed a start in the Cup...
Johnson- Lo Celso-Kulu behind Richie should be good enough to hold their own... Especially if Donley or even Scarlett are part of the squad.

Skipp and Hoijberg kinda pick themselves (Sarr, Bissouma out, and I doubt Bentancur will be risked so soon after coming back!)

I'd love to see Dorrington or Phillips given a start at the back, maybe alongside either Davies, or Dier... Porro needs a rest, Royal looked shot at the end today...

Don't wanna 'throw' the cup, as I think we have a decent chance if we take it seriously... But honestly, after todays' latest injuries, and our enforced absentees next month, we may not have a choice BUT to rotate!

The football gods giveth and they taketh away!
So happy that Hot Rod was back, and he appeared unscathed after nearly 70 minutes of playing time. Then we lose Pape and Veliz, and from Pape's reaction when he went off, looks like he is out of AFCON.
Just glad we rode the storm, in more ways than one. (I love my seat but when it rains, we get drenched, and to cap it all, we were hit with a hard hailstorm).
We played some lovely stuff in patches and defended like madmen for a lot of the game - how many corners??
I voted MOTM with my heart (Bentancur) but if I had used my head, would have plumped for Gio. However, Pedro is as solid a performer as you can wish for, and does it week after week after week, without necessarily grabbing the headlines.
TBH I was just glad when the final whistle went, just want to get home out of wet clothes and get ready for a night out I'm in the mood for a party.
Thank you Ange, thank you Spurs and thank you Fulham for making it a perfect end to the year.
:)

At times it looked more like Conté ball than Ange ball again but a great result given the timing and circumstances.
Another game-changing save by Vicario and it helped that Bournemouth were pretty profligate in front of goal.
Feel terrible for the two kids that got injured. We’re just not catching any breaks.

Superb result. Made hard work of it first half, but Bournemouth have been the form team in the league so it was always going to be tough.

Lo Celso really stepped up and made the game his own, great to see. Udogie is integral to how we set up, excellent again. Richarlison hold up play and link up was brilliant. Should have scored a second, but he got a goal he deserved.

Good end to 2023.

Happy New Year Yids. Up the Ange.

Thank you Fulham indeed!! 😂

Thought of you lot during the downpour and hailstones! Well done for sticking it out - many didn’t…

Yep Gio turned in an excellent performance today. Udogie gets my vote though but I’m sure we won’t quibble.

Enjoy your night out Mrs P - see you in the New Year

COYS

Lo Celso’s my MoM. His one touch pass leading to Son’s goal was absolute class. It sadly made me think of Son’s offside goal against Villa when PEH released the ball 0.5 second too late.

Back
Top Bottom