Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've had a game every 4 days on average for the last 25 days and about to have a 7th in two days time... With little rotation due to the fact we're missing 10+ players...

It's most definitely a viable excuse. All the top teams have dropped points this month because of it and they haven't got half the problems.

Woolwich have dropped 8 this month. Before this month they'd only dropped 9 all season... Liverpool have dropped 4, they'd dropped that amount over the previous two.. Villa have dropped 7.. More than the amount they dropped over the previous two also.

Get through Bournemouth and we go back to just one game a week pretty much. Get players back (sadly as players leave us for international duty) and hopefully get some momentum going.
Brighton has just as many injuries, if not more, than we do. Brighton has played 7 matches in December - we've played 6.

It's a poor excuse for getting throttled.

Brighton has just as many injuries, if not more, than we do. Brighton has played 7 matches in December - we've played 6.

It's a poor excuse for getting throttled.

Brighton weren't missing anyone that affects their system and style of play though. So it's irrelevant.

We lost because we are missing 10 players through injuries and suspension, have ran those starters into the ground and our third string can't play the way we want to.

It's literally that simple.

How much did the dippers spend on Darwin, Diaz and Gakpo? They are all in their second season of a settled manager's system and look even more toothless. You act like it's easy to magically sign forwards and get 20 goals out of each of them.

Classic case of fans swallowing lazy media narratives...... Salah & TAA are papering over a LOT of cracks in that attack; yet the dippers are being portrayed as a lethal "can score at any time" front line.

Same could be said about the whole team. It really pisses me off when Vic has the ball he stands with it for ages then passes to dier. Allowing the oppo to get real high. The passing at the back has been like that all season with the two cbs and goalie. We rarely seem to want to move the ball quicker upfield or wide. FBs are hidddn do are not available. Still we need one to invert and the other to stay in a 3 at the back. Bit like city do. Having both invert just means it’s all congested in the middle. How many times yday davies is trying to play a little ball in the middle and gets closed down. Having an option to play out wide would help. We seem to be obsessed with passing it in the middle. We need to be switching the play from wing to wing quicker and we need keep FBs wide at times to receive the ball. Our best play and scored a few goals from have been when we have got wide with either fb.

Why are you getting pissed off about a scenario which only exists in your head?

(Dier has played fuck all this season.)

The point about rarely moving the ball quickly is bollocks too........ We're simply stuck playing our least technically proficient players due to injuries etc. Even in our bad games we've seen examples of us pinging the ball around quickly and being dangerous on the break as a result.

We scored twice and could have scored more.
No problem with our "attackers."

Well, two of them gave away dumb penalties last night and the front 4 botched every chance of a break-away from 15min - 70min. Combined with Brighton scoring a worldie for their 3rd; blaming the CBs is just lazy opportunism..... Punching down on the easy target.

Last edited:
Classic case of fans swallowing lazy media narratives...... Salah & TAA are papering over a LOT of cracks in that attack; yet the dippers are being portrayed as a lethal "can score at any time" front line.

Funny how easy people will suck up being told they are superior over us just by rights of being Liverpool

Classic trick of the political establishment that works in football too

Leave off, stop trying to hide behind what has been going on.
The team has been found out, because all the teams are fucking doing it, wake up please.
There are no excuses for the poor passing we are seeing, so many poor touches and miss placed passing from professionals.
The discipline from players is the worst I have seen in years, no self control at all.
Yes the team is hanging in there, and when we get players back I would expect to see a massive improvement.
But why are you mentioning pep? He took over a club that was starting to dominate the league, this club isn't going to do that or win trebles, do why draw comparison with them.
So our first team has been decimated, our second string team with the likes PEH, Skipp, Davis, Royal, just ain't good enough, despite Davis putting in some good performances and we have been found out.

What a steam pile of dog shite

Even last night we was our own worst enemies, have the ball away far too much, two stupid penalties and a worldie.

You're being a negative spunk truffle.

Stop it, there is nothing to worry about.

It's all up to Levy to get the players and depth we need.

Ange is just doing fine, nothing to worry about.

I don't think you get to use being tired as an excuse as the only club near the top of the table not playing in Europe.

Xmas is traditionally packed.... A time where wild results are common either due to over-playing or clubs opting to over-rotate. We don't currently have the option to rotate due to so many absences.

We don't have Europe, but we have been operating with a bare bones squad for the last couple of months.

Somebody on here with a better memory than this old fart (me, not you LL!) ought to compile a wee list of all the criminals that have purposely gone in to hurt our players this season...and escaped without punishment.

So Dunk last night and obviously we all know of that thundercunt Matty Cash, but who were the others?
Nketia was one, was it Caicedo that did Maddison? They took it in turns on him, so I can't remember who it was that did the final damage.
Yates for Forest but, to be fair, you could pick half a dozen of their lot.
Curtis Jones, and he's the only one who actually got the right punishment.

Villa kicked us off the park, as did West Ham, Forest, Wolves and Chelsea, amongst others.

Ironically, considering their reputation for cynical fouls, City are the only ones I can think of who didn't play the man more than the ball.

Nketia was one, was it Caicedo that did Maddison? They took it in turns on him, so I can't remember who it was that did the final damage.

Villa kicked us off the park, as did West Ham, Forest, Wolves and Chelsea, amongst others.

Ironically, considering their reputation for cynical fouls, City are the only ones I can think of who didn't play the man more than the ball.
Anderson Palace

Palinha Palace

Palace raked the shit out of our lads.
Wolves we had the neck-throw on Sonny.
Fulham there was no one particular challenge but they were bullet-proof for 90mins.

Back
Top Bottom