Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree agree agree. Richy and Sarr were the most hardworking players in many games they played yet they were always subbed off. I would like to know why about Kulu as well.

When Lo Celso and Gil came on, having Richy in the box will be so beneficial as he will receive more crosses coming in than Kulu all day. Yet Ange chose to leave Son on despite him being very leggy and exhausted, and Kulu being so inefficient the whole game.
I think Kulu stayed on as he misses the next game so no point resting him ?

Our strongest possible defence under Mourinho and Conte was
Lloris
Royal Dier Sanchez Davies

Or...
Lloris
Doherty Dier Sanchez Davies Reguilon

I'd say those 2 potential defences are no better than the patchwork quilt we had to put out last night.

My point is unchanged. We put a limited defense out and went on the front foot and got torn apart. Yet that is exactly what many, many fans demanded.
Most of those demanding it stated, in no uncertain terms, that they'd rather see us beaten playing front foot football than win playing defensive counter attacking football.

I'm not one of those sad stalkers that will go back through posts, but trust me, there's tons of them on here. None of those fans can moan about last night. None of them have a right to demand we switch to a defensive style. They got what they asked for.
There is only a handful of people moaning though , the majority can see what Ange is building and realise the future is bright!
Rome wasn’t built in a day

How come Donley was coming on, then didn't?
What happened there then?
It was after Kulusevski got done in robbing Dunk (?), looked like he needed replacing but recovered (should have rolled the dice anyway, given Kulus poor showing, but he has performances in Anges trust bank).

Virtually every time we’re on Amazon we get beat! This has been a shit show of huge proportions and it’s not acceptable!! I expect some apologies from the captain as he runs off and deserts us in our hour of need! These players have no loyalty to this club at alll!
Son will say what he always does that the performance was unacceptable! What I don’t get is why wait till the end of the game to come up with that analysis. Surely they can see that during the first half how many clear cut chances they had. They could have done something at HT to say we cannot play like that rather than come out and say we will do better v bournmouth. But no we plod on the same way and don’t change a thing. Are the players going at HT thinking this isn’t right? Are bollocking kulu for being thick as two short planks? Stevie wonder woukd have been able to tell them about their lack of performance in the first half.

How can Ange play Royal and Davies again???? They have been utter shite... already saw that the first time they played together
Should have given some minutes to Phillips at least. Ange cannot say on the o e hand this is who we are we’ll attack with even 5 players and then bottle it not giving the youngsters a chance in case we get walloped. His whole philosophy is based around the potential of being carved open time and time again. It shouldn’t matter if it’s royal or philipps. Now for Sunday he may bring back Dier as I doubt he would start Phillips after not giving him any mins yday. Also if he plays them in the cup then I’ll be fuming.

That's fucking delicious from Porro too.
See what decent crosses can do? Our forwards are incapable of putting in decent crosses or getting to byline. Only when destiny started running with the ball we looked more threatening. We need him to stay wide when in the final third rather than stand next to the CF. He has pace and technique to get past players and put crosses in yet we seem to be like Dracula.

Attack needs a mega refresh + defence needs depth. But seriously, new attackers.
How much have our forwards cost, nearly £150M for kulu, richi and bj? Luck to get 15 goals in total out of them 3 never mind assists. Really is a poor return for players who really don’t have great technical skill except say kulu but he is so slow.

No need to over react.
Another game where we take our chances and it's a different result.
More often the opposition could say the same thing and it's us taking the chances.

Our bench looked incredibly thin. Expect quick movement in the transfer window and some players to return.

Overall we are in a good position still and 4-2 sounds a lot better than 4-0. This is our first 2+ goal defeat under Ange excluding the Chelsea game under mitigating circumstances.

It was weird as fuck watching last night. Even at 4-0 it didn't feel like a drubbing. 2 penalties and an absolute worldy of a goal. 3 of their 4 goals were basically avoidable and out of nowhere. Only their first goal was from a well worked move by them.
It's not like we looked clueless at the other end, we had plenty of good chances. A foot offside, the post at either end, a few times where a pass wasn't quite right etc. IMO, we played pretty well from the middle forward, but did some daft shit at the back, like giving away 2 needless penalties and leaving a man (small child) unmarked.

There is only a handful of people moaning though , the majority can see what Ange is building and realise the future is bright!
Rome wasn’t built in a day

Across various social media platforms, there are plenty of fans losing their minds out us playing out from the back and playing a high line still, despite our defensive frailties.

Our strongest possible defence under Mourinho and Conte was
Lloris
Royal Dier Sanchez Davies

Or...
Lloris
Doherty Dier Sanchez Davies Reguilon

I'd say those 2 potential defences are no better than the patchwork quilt we had to put out last night.

My point is unchanged. We put a limited defense out and went on the front foot and got torn apart. Yet that is exactly what many, many fans demanded.
Most of those demanding it stated, in no uncertain terms, that they'd rather see us beaten playing front foot football than win playing defensive counter attacking football.

I'm not one of those sad stalkers that will go back through posts, but trust me, there's tons of them on here. None of those fans can moan about last night. None of them have a right to demand we switch to a defensive style. They got what they asked for.

Ah right. A round about way of saying "I told you so" to people who wanted to enjoy the way their football team aim to play football.

Got you.

Agree, in the other positions, it's a question of depth, in attack the starting players are donkeys.

Son is a banger merchant, Kulu can do a lot but makes so many mistakes, Johson is the definition of a non-entity.

We need to break the bank for someone truly elite. Someone well rounded in all aspects of the game.
Well that should have been using the money for Johnson to buy eze or olise. But Ange wanted Johnson who cannot beat a man for pace ( his only real attribute) , can skill a man, doesn’t press, doesn’t track back check 3rd goal , so lazy, crossing is generally meh and is never gonna get the goals or assists. His hold up play is no existent as his too weak. General one touch two touch passing is shit and never really makes any great movement.

That first goal was simply criminal...how can you leave a player totally unmarked like that, when it's so easy to spot?! I mean, that's defending 101. But of course when they're all ball-watching and some just don't like to defend...

What to say about the two pens, especially the Kulu one?! That's just utterly stupid from the ginge, proper letting your team down stuff. But Ange would rather focus on the time it took VAR to give it.

Their Peruvian lad scores a worldie, yes. But at the same time, you don't really see any of ours bust a gut to try & get in the way of that shot. Nobody even tracks his run to begin with.

We can say all we want about the injuries & suspensions, the big ref conspiracy so dear to our resident Brazilian from Croydon, debate about Angeball vs pragmatism etc etc, but at the end of the day, PL players shouldn't make such easily avoidable mistakes. You make them, you lose football matches...unless you can outscore them at the other end, but we're way too wasteful for that.

If that's aimed at me, I'm not from fucking Croydon but I have shaved my balls before if that makes me Brazillian?

As for excuses and refs, there were none for yesterday. Brighton have lower paid players and plenty of key injuries themselves. I've also said that the officiating we got at the end of last season in our favour against Brighton was fucking moody last season. That dunk yellow was even more moody and the boring, predictable foul vs yellow count in the majority of our games is getting very tired.

Those aren't excuses for yesterday because we scored on the play that Dunk should have seen red and still created enough chances after that to rescue a draw. I didn't see what happened before that but it sounds like it was a shit performance from everyone except Vicario.

Back
Top Bottom