Brighton vs Tottenham Hotspur (A) - Thursday 28th December 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two pens and a worldie, we hit the woodwork twice, Richi just offside for a goal.
I'm not sure Dier would have made any difference. I'm not sure Ange could have done much about it.
I'm not too down about it, we are decimated and lacking in depth.

I can only agree but it seems to be a "Thing" with managers.
Conte = defensive
Jose - defensive
Ange- attacking
Poch - possession based
Pep- attacking
None of them seem to diversify
Dr Zerbi seems to...they kicked lumps out of us, yet still managed to score a goal of the season contender, and he a constant attacking menace ... whilst playing a mix of Kids, and utilising the experienced players...

Yet if De Zerbi ever came to us, we'd probably turn him to mush!

No I agree, he is a decent right back no more no less but in the last 2 weeks he is playing left back and now CB. The club and the player strategy are to blame for the loss today and a few losses this season.
It’s a new team and a new start and a much as it pains me to say it, ENIC deserve a bit of slack as I believe they have re aligned us on the right track and it’s impossible to do it all in 1 transfers window
A bit of slack? The bald fanny batter and ENIC left us with 2 CB this year and no cover at all..

For one of the richest clubs in the world this is appalling management and their luck ran out.

Dr Zerbi seems to...they kicked lumps out of us, yet still managed to score a goal of the season contender, and he a constant attacking menace ... whilst playing a mix of Kids, and utilising the experienced players...

If De Zerbi ever came to us, we'd turn him to mush!
They did get gifted 2 pens on top of a worldy and on another day we could have had 4 or 5 too, its one of those games I'm afraid.

A few reasons for tonight's result including :

1 Circa 10 Injuries and Suspensions , including half of our best starting 11 (and that's when we are half way through the rebuild started in 2021, so we still have squad players we need to move on).

2. 2 stupid penalties given away

3 A mix of poor shooting, hitting posts etc resulting in ONLY 3 shots on target out of 19. If we don't hit the target we don't score !

4 Bizarre refereeing - Brighton gave away 18 fouls and we 6, but both got 2 yellow cards. Not to mention one or two red cards that meant Brighton should have lost a couple of players.

After finishing above us last season, Sullivan and Brady's West Ham, managed by David fucking Moyes, are breathing down our necks again.
I thought this new stadium revenue was supposed to take us up a level

The whole system relies on the full backs being heavily involved and neither have been at all
They hardly get the ball in our own half as they are almost behind the oppo midfield so defenders cannot reach them! Surely we need to keep one back out wide so the CBs have an out ball. Too often we are trying little passes in the middle of the center circle going no where. We need to switch the play quicker get the ball out wide.

This. Every single fking time we have good chance to climb up, we fk up even more.
Imagine if we had ambitious competent owners who built a team around kane. The title would be there for the taking this season. Oh well, at least levy got his 500k payrise as I am sure he needs it & is struggling .

Vicario was our best player and we still let in 4 goals, that’s how bad we were tonight.

I’m sure people will make excuses about tiredness but we didn’t look tired in the last 15 minutes. Brighton have even more reason to be tired than us but they still attacked the game with relish.

Ange still has a lot of work to do to make this team tough. Still too many softies in the squad who are happy to play at walking pace.

Back
Top Bottom