Luton (A) Saturday 7th October - 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These 2 posts prompted me to rewatch the final 20 minutes of the game, after Hoj and Skipp came on - and I have to say both posts are utter nonsensical drivel.
Hoj came on at HT. skipp came on much later. Ok they did ok but do you ever see them win the ball back? Hoj bottled that 50/50 imo and ended getting a yellow with a crap tackle as he couldn’t keep up with the Luton player.

Hoj came on at HT. skipp came on much later. Ok they did ok but do you ever see them win the ball back? Hoj bottled that 50/50 imo and ended getting a yellow with a crap tackle as he couldn’t keep up with the Luton player.
Don't be ridiculous. I've seen it loads of times. Skipp in particular is tigerishly committed to tackling back. Do you ever watch them objectively?

Actually I am and was replying to another poster who said the same thing as well as a few others. If can’t watch the football and analyse what’s going on properly then you
don’t understand the flow of the game. What me and others are saying is that at times it seems like we slow the game down to walking pace or pass the ball to slow. When playing teams in low block need to move the ball quicker. That is just a tactical analysis and not being a troll.
Tell me when you see Romero with the ball are you not screaming to him to pass the ball quicker?
I’m the 2nd half when one up then it’s fine but 0-0 we have be quicker.
This is just showing your own lack of understanding. The slowing of the game is deliberate. The purpose is to slow the response time of the opposition down, lull them into a slower rhythm, then suddenly up the tempo.

Maddison was highlighted doing this, I think it was against Burnley. Slow tempo passing to move them around, then suddenly up the tempo when they're not ready to react.

There's nuance to the tempo that you don't seem to understand, so be careful when accusing others of not understanding the flow of the game, as you have a severely tenuous grasp on it yourself.

Don't think I've seen anyone mention this yet, but what a fucking joke that pitch was also. Was like playing on sand after the first 10 mins ball bobbling around passes dying
Sadly, that doesn't sell newspapers or invite clicks.

(Edit) Also provided that it conforms to the inspection that is their privilege to set up however they want. As per the Ryder cup.

Actually I am and was replying to another poster who said the same thing as well as a few others. If can’t watch the football and analyse what’s going on properly then you
don’t understand the flow of the game. What me and others are saying is that at times it seems like we slow the game down to walking pace or pass the ball to slow. When playing teams in low block need to move the ball quicker. That is just a tactical analysis and not being a troll.
Tell me when you see Romero with the ball are you not screaming to him to pass the ball quicker?
I’m the 2nd half when one up then it’s fine but 0-0 we have be quicker.

I’ve seen zero tactical analysis from you. Just constant moaning.

Personally I don’t think you’ve watched a game in your life.

Delete your account, Sol.

Sadly, that doesn't sell newspapers or invite clicks.

(Edit) Also provided that it conforms to the inspection that is their privilege to set up however they want. As per the Ryder cup.

That's fair enough funny thing was though it cost them a goal also

But that sitter they missed was because the ball bobbled as the striker reached for it

I’ve seen zero tactical analysis from you. Just constant moaning.
Carefully selected as well. Kulusevki had a very good game yesterday, so he's spared the diatribe. Meaning that the next 2 scapegoats have to be singled out for criticism.

How often have we gone on to score after Hojbjerg has been subbed on? I can think of 2 matches.

Don't think I've seen anyone mention this yet, but what a fucking joke that pitch was also. Was like playing on sand after the first 10 mins ball bobbling around passes dying
Wouldn't surprise me if they're going for home field advantage. Most Premier League teams are used to playing on immaculate pitches so when they have to play on a shitheap, it disrupts them.

Same with Newcastle, who have been getting away with playing on a pitch with a massive slope for ages. Their players are used to it, opposition players aren't.

Carefully selected as well. Kulusevki had a very good game yesterday, so he's spared the diatribe. Meaning that the next 2 scapegoats have to be singled out for criticism.

How often have we gone on to score after Hojbjerg has been subbed on? I can think of 2 matches.
Not sure you bring PEH on when we need goals?

These 2 posts prompted me to rewatch the final 20 minutes of the game, after Hoj and Skipp came on - and I have to say both posts are utter nonsensical drivel.
82:50 is the bit from my head from the game, but just watched it back and its not too bad from PEH. it was more the fact you can hear post screaming and PEH looking like he needed to make too much ground up to get to his man. but watching it back its not as bad as it seemed in the heat of the moment to be fair.

there is a big drop off in press intensity when sarr and biss get replaced with skipp and PEH, that alone makes it feel more of a sitting back waiting to concede. they dont have the power in their legs.

This is TFC. You can't just be happy with the win. You have to show how knowledgeable about football you are by slagging certain players off.
you know its a football forum? its not slagging players off its sharing observations...thats the point of it for most people on here i would presume? not everyone is here to be a happy little gimp about spurs and go and talk wrestling and politics in other threads.

you know its a football forum? its not slagging players off its sharing observations...thats the point of it for most people on here i would presume? not everyone is here to be a happy little gimp about spurs and go and talk wrestling and politics in other threads.

"Son is a pathetic excuse for a man"

.........Tactical critique was it?

You're a toxic gobshite and most of your "obervations" are wrong anyway.

I didn't notice this at the time but could this tug have something to do with Richi missing his sitter?

Nothing was made of it as far as I can remember so maybe it just looks worse than it really was...

0_GettyImages-1722281366.jpg
Good spot! Dippers just got a pen for pull back v similar.

romero is one player you dont mind taking time with the ball, he knows what hes doing with it. the winner against liverpool came from him waiting for a good option to materialise and that happened when porro got wide enough to drill a cross in. its when mugs like dier take time and just slow it down and you know full well zero quality is coming and it just lets a team reshape. teams are now worried about romero having time as they know he can produce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom