Sheff Utd (H) 16/09 - 3PM - ANGE BALL IS BACK BABY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was on at midnight here last night. Wife is interstate atm so I’d been on the cans for a while and got to about the 60th minute and was on the nod. Got up this morning, rather fucking dusty I may say, and put the replay on. Hollllyyyyyy. Best cure for a rotten hangover was screaming my lungs at the tele with an egg and bacon toastie and about 3 cuppas. The dogs not used to seeing me so animated early on a Sunday morning. Just superb. Get in!
Edit, so happy for Richarlison.

This comes from a manager who's lucky his team didn't get 3 penalties against them and were time-wasting from the very beginning of the game...

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom blasts Premier League referees for 'RUINING' the game by dictating how teams play under new time-wasting rules​

By MATT BARLOW FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 19:30 BST, 16 September 2023 |

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom launched a furious tirade at Premier League referees, claiming the officials told him to 'play long' rather than let goalkeeper Wes Foderingham take his time to pass out from the back.
Referee Peter Bankes flourished 13 yellow cards as the Blades lost late at Tottenham, seven for Heckingbottom's team including two for Ollie McBurnie, who was dismissed in the 14th minute of added time and will be banned for the next game, against Newcastle.
'Something needs to be done now,' fumed Heckingbottom. 'The referees are killing the game, absolutely ruining it. This is not me moaning about the result. I said it at half-time and when we were 1-0 up as well.

It was there mate and going nearly all game. He was up the top R/H corner (west stand side) of south stand.
TBH, I didn't hear it, thought the trumpet at the beginning was brilliant, really got the crowd going for the first rendition of 'Oh When The Spurs' - goosebumps :)

Last edited:
...could we?
Guess when someone plays crap for 90 minutes and scores one goal against Sheffield in injury time, it leaves you withp a big white mark in the front of your underwear.

Sorry, still not good enough for a league winning side. Don't hold or breath for the apology....... or better yet, hold you breath.

Johnson on the right would be a huge upgrade.
We’re you on the East Hertford train?

Maddison was definitely clipped and a certain penalty if VAR had seen the right camera angle.
That may have been the key to it - I only saw that it was actually a foul on the 3rd video angle (the first 2 clips didn't look like a foul). Maybe VAR, keen to make a quick decision, only looked at the first 2 angles? Once again, we need more transparency on these incorrect decisions, but we're not getting it.

Sky extended highlights didn't show the penalty either. Their 2 minutes on the app did and it was CLEARLY a penalty.

As for Dickinbottom - his beef with the referee is nothing more than childish excuse making. He knows the 12 minutes were for his teams time wasting. He knows they turned a win into a loss exclusively because of it. And he's tried to make an excuse and blame someone else.
He seems an absolute wanker tbh. Hope they get relegated.

“Thanks roy but I can't bring myself to look. I'm going to guess much like City, they're another set of fans that firmly believe that the only teams that should be allowed to be promoted are the ones that agree to just bend over and graciously get mullered, that it's just not on for teams with a fraction of the money try and play football that suits their strengths.

Again, I'd be just making the comments up.

"Pleased we won. Couldn't get to the game, I was at a wine party but I checked the score and was so upset, I nearly couldn't finish my prawn sandwich. Anyway, good job we did. On the Mighty Spurs what what"

I didn’t know they had fucking prawn sandwiches! :kulushock:
They don't! :(

“Thanks roy but I can't bring myself to look. I'm going to guess much like City, they're another set of fans that firmly believe that the only teams that should be allowed to be promoted are the ones that agree to just bend over and graciously get mullered, that it's just not on for teams with a fraction of the money try and play football that suits their strengths.

Again, I'd be just making the comments up.

"Pleased we won. Couldn't get to the game, I was at a wine party but I checked the score and was so upset, I nearly couldn't finish my prawn sandwich. Anyway, good job we did. On the Mighty Spurs what what"

I didn’t know they had fucking prawn sandwiches! :kulushock:
Why were you at the Emirates?

Fuck Southgate terrorist ball, ANGEBALL IS BACK.

Back at the Lane with sexy football.

Vic
Porro - Romero - VdV - Udogie
Sarr
Biss - Maddison
Deki - Son - Solomon
It'd be good to see Johnson get some minutes. Probably a couple of weeks too early to see Bentancur back in the matchday squad.

I’m from Melbourne and I get so emotional the way Ange’s teams play. The passion shown by his players is incredible. Absolutely spine tingling! Spurs are lucky to have him.

He is right the refereeing was shocking - we should have had a pen and the long throw for their goal was a foul throw ( throwers foot clearly over the line)
When you think how VAR intervened to give the penalty against Sonny v Brentford , how they didn’t give the one for Maddison yesterday is beyond me .

The inconsistent refereeing decisions really is a joke

This comes from a manager who's lucky his team didn't get 3 penalties against them and were time-wasting from the very beginning of the game...

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom blasts Premier League referees for 'RUINING' the game by dictating how teams play under new time-wasting rules​

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom launched a furious tirade at Premier League referees, claiming the officials told him to 'play long' rather than let goalkeeper Wes Foderingham take his time to pass out from the back.
Referee Peter Bankes flourished 13 yellow cards as the Blades lost late at Tottenham, seven for Heckingbottom's team including two for Ollie McBurnie, who was dismissed in the 14th minute of added time and will be banned for the next game, against Newcastle.
'Something needs to be done now,' fumed Heckingbottom. 'The referees are killing the game, absolutely ruining it. This is not me moaning about the result. I said it at half-time and when we were 1-0 up as well.

The referee absolutely did ruin the game, he’s not wrong about that. They are supposed to be getting tougher on time wasting this season yet in that first half he failed to get a grip and completely lost control of the game. Sheffield couldn’t believe the stuff he was letting them get away with, the 5 minutes their keeper spent taking his gloves on and off in the middle of the pitch was like one of Mourinho’s wet dreams.

There wasn’t a single dangerous tackle in the game yet he showed 13 yellow cards. Utterly inept. He’s lucky we won in the end otherwise he would be coming under serious scrutiny.

Rumour is Heckingbottom's on his way very soon. Judging by the way he got his team playing and his post-match interview yesterday, I'd say good riddance. What is he, David Moyes' lovechild? People like him ruin football.

When you think how VAR intervened to give the penalty against Sonny v Brentford , how they didn’t give the one for Maddison yesterday is beyond me .

The inconsistent refereeing decisions really is a joke
I think when we are creating chances but getting frustrated, I notice fans and players appeal for everything including some quite spurious claims. I think this counts against us when a genuine claim like Sons trip comes along. I don't think this applies just to us. A bit like the boy who cried wolf. Still a shit decision though.

Back
Top Bottom