Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Gallagher/PEH stuff always looked like bollocks.

The real fail here is at CB.

This sell to buy excuse is such BS. Being held to ransom by useless clowns like Dier and Sanchez is no way to run a football club.

Incorrect, counted once.

I am going off transfermarkt which has both players listed in their loan seasons with just the loan fee in the net spend.

This is the season they are permanent so this is the season the permanent purchase will be recorded for accounting and FFP purposes.

Net spend is a wank fascination anyway.
What matters is players in to replace players out. Net spend can drastically be affected by extraordinary events, like having a player bought for an exorbitant fee by a Saudi club.

Before deadline we need to get our new attacker over the line and sign a centrehalf. We need at the minimum to have 3 solid CB options. Having one of Sanchez or Dier as first man in just isn't good enough. That's what matters, not what our net spend is.
I think the moral of the story is that the annual net spend very sharply changed when we entered the new stadium versus the decade prior.

Still behind the competition, but not dead last in the league anymore.

That reflected regular CL qualification though, let's see where it goes from here.

Drip, drip, drip from the selling value of the club. Uncle Joe loses a little more every day.

I've no beef with him running down his deal, that's his right to do, but wtf does he thinks going to happen next year?

Nobody wants him now at a presumably nominal fee! They're hardly going to be beating his door down next summer after a year of not playing, if he's banking on getting a big signing on fee then he's kidding himself, he doesn't even have HG status to make him a slightly more attractive prospect to suitors...

His best hope is Saudi I reckon.

The Gallagher/PEH stuff always looked like bollocks.

The real fail here is at CB.

This sell to buy excuse is such BS. Being held to ransom by useless clowns like Dier and Sanchez is no way to run a football club.

Yep they have one year left. You don’t even have to register them, just leave Dier out and buy the defender you need.

Utterly predictable last minute shambles. Things inevitably go wrong and you have no time to deal with the fallout. To be going in to the season without a proper centre forward and the back up centre backs being Sanchez and Dier after selling Kane is unforgivable, although i'm sure some will.

What's happening to Lloris?
oldyellertommykirkshooting.png

Makes me laugh (not laugh); it's always "Levy is a nightmare", but any time we have a half-decent asset to sell pricks like AM & Ajax plead absolute poverty. Inter play silly bollocks every time we come knocking. Sporting Lisbon were a pain in the arse and took a whole January to play ball over Porro. Ulas & Lyon is always a fabled nightmare.

Meanwhile; Fulham offer us our asking price for PEH, but he refuses to go. Bayern pissing half the window away offering 70m + luncheon vouchers for Kane and now done a silly bollocks with Fulham over Paulhina too. Monaco trying to fleece Fulham over Tosin.
And Levy is innocent in this? He asks a fair price and always pays what a player is worth.

Look at the Porro fiasco. We ended up paying more because he tried to shave off his famous 5 Million and waited till the end.

Teams have learnt that Levy always wants to win so they now allow him to win on their terms.

Awful mentality.

Seems like a nice guy but the fact that he was part of the leadership committee is a joke.

Him and Lloris both happy it appears to have a jolly for a season while Kane wanted out.

Think about that, 2 players who would be happy not to play and one who understandable wanted a new challenge as the leadership group. Just imagine the leadership.

Know he’s a nice bloke but respectfully fuck Eric Dier. Ambitionless loser.
Totally understandable reaction, but I can only imagine he's doing this so he can have, within reason of course, free choice of his next club to finish off his career. So I guess he's willing to sacrifice a year of playing football and only get paid millions to do faff all to ensure he can do this....

Back
Top Bottom