Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
That is more enough to have an informed opinion on a player. People are expressing pretty strong opinions about VDV, Udogie etc. off the back of 3 games.

People were expressing pretty strong negative opinions about those players before they joined us. Udogie can't play in a 4, Vdv doesn't have the experience to play in the prem, Porro can't play right back etc. Now they've stopped whinging. I feel the same will help with Johnson. If Ange feels he can work with him, Johnson will be fine here

The point being made was that people seem to have their minds made up on him based on his price tag and not being deserving of it
I won't speak for others, but my mind isn't made up on him, I'm merely expressing scepticism. It's more no than yes, but not a total rejection.

His price tag absolutely matters. We're not a club that can buy a player for £50m and just go and plop another £50m on the table for some other talented prospect if the first 3/4 don't work out. It hurts us badly when an expensive player is a dud.

Look at how long Sanchez has been here and how hard it's been to finally replace Jan and Toby (fingers crossed).

If we're gonna spunk that much cash on a player, I'd like to see a bit more to be excited about.

Since Aguero left, City's highest scorers prior to the arrival of Haaland were Gundogan with 13 in 20/21 and KDB with 15 in 21/22. Both midfielders. So I am not buying the "we need a 15-20 goal a season striker" argument.
What we need is more players chipping in regularly with goals. Not being as reliant on just one player.

Last edited:
Darren Lewis chatting on TS earlier.....

He thinks Johnson should get done....

He also says he heard a little rumbling that the plan was:

LW: Johnson
CF: Richy
RW: Son

Back
Top Bottom