Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apart from anything else, Don’t we already have Soloman as speedy alternative to Kulusevski, who can also play left as well?
Exactly! We need to buy a quality CB and a striker or someone creative. Why do we need another winger when we also have Gil to come back. And I’m tired of this crap line about oh he can play anywhere in front 3z look what happened to the last player we purchased who everyone said can play any front 3 role. Turns out for £60M he can’t plant any!

Is he good agent goat

I am biased tbh but I would like him. Not worth £50m but the market is a bit fucked and frankly it’s not my money so I don’t give a shit. We’re a rich club and IF he’s the player Ange really wants then we should buy him.

Obviously I don’t know how true it is about Ange wanting him badly but if it is true then get him in.

I haven't seen much of this Johnson fella, so I checked out a YouTube highlights compilation and the first two actions were:

1) Him playing on the shoulder of the defender to score directly in front of goal.
2) Driving towards the byline and assisting with a low driven cross.

If this is a fair reflection of his profile as a player, I can see why he'd be high up Ange's list of targets. Looks like he could provide things that both Kulu and Richy don't.

I wouldn't be surprised, he plays a lot of fantasy football, he should be aware of budget options like Johnson.

He’s probably aware of him but he’s a busy man. Was still manager of Celtic last season, doubt he had time to watch loads of Forest games.

I would imagine he’s watched a bit and has had scouts explain Johnson’s profile etc and feels it fits.

What’s his ceiling in your opinion?

Trying to get on board.

Like his pace

Well he’s superb at getting the ball down the pitch - great dribbling and running with it.

Also very good at getting in behind the defence.

We would need our central midfielders to bomb it down the pitch though when he goes on those runs…to give him an outlet. Looks like with the likes of Bissouma and Sarr we won’t have an issue with that!

Back
Top Bottom