Fulham VS Tottenham Hotspur. Carabao Cup. Tuesday 29th August 2023. Craven Cottage 19:45pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of the lineups in this thread...you'd think we were playing Marine FC, and not a fellow Premier League team, away from home. A team that just drew Woolwich away.

Vicario
Emerson Romero VDV Davies
Hojbjerg Skipp Lo Celso
Soloman Richarlison Perisic

I want to keep the heart of the defence together, build that connection. Richarlison in last chance saloon for this match, Soloman and Perisic given a much deserved start.
Whilst I’ve gone with quite a rotated side, I am not against going much stronger as we really need to give the cups a go this season.
That midfield is dross. No legs

I would be ok with Emerson, Davies, Solomon and Perisic only of Madd, Biss and Sarr play in MF. Your 11 is suicide

That midfield is dross. No legs

I would be ok with Emerson, Davies, Solomon and Perisic only of Madd, Biss and Sarr play in MF. Your 11 is suicide

I’d argue it’s a lack of quality to transition the ball that’s the worry; I think the 3 would work hard and get round the pitch. I admit I’m not 100% on the line up. Winning the game is so important so I probably did go too weak.

Especially if we actually want to win the thing. No excuse of Europe this year.

Anyone know how many games we have this year versus last?

Also, why is December so congested? 7 matches.
2023-24: 38 in the league plus at least two in the domestic cups, so at least 40.

2022-23: 38 + 1 (Carabao) + 3 ( FA Cup) + 8 (UCL) = 50.

December is a five Saturday month this year. Plus there are two midweek matches (one being Boxing Day and both on Amazon Prime). Oh and it will get even more congested if we are still in the Carabao Cup because the 5th round is on 19/20 December, making it eight matches.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this one. Over 6,000 tickets sold to us so hope everyone turns up. Would like to see a strong team even though I expect Fulham to be quite weak, especially after their performance at the cabbage patch. Warm evening by the river - should be lovely.

Can someone please tell me which tv channel this is going to be on?
It isn't (in the UK).
Sky Sports have decided to show Leeds Utd (13th in the Championship) v Salford City (10th in League 2).
Salford City, who are partially owned by Gary Neville.
Gary Neville who is one of the main pundits of Sky Sports.

I’d argue it’s a lack of quality to transition the ball that’s the worry; I think the 3 would work hard and get round the pitch. I admit I’m not 100% on the line up. Winning the game is so important so I probably did go too weak.
Yeah kinda my point. Work hard and battle in the middle third but a complete lack of quality and energy. Front 3 will be stranded and starved

It isn't (in the UK).
Sky Sports have decided to show Leeds Utd (13th in the Championship) v Salford City (10th in League 2).
Hope Leeds put 8 past them

Will Giggseh be on co-comms? The weird, manipulative sexual predator will have a field day with the other female presenters

It isn't (in the UK).
Is that the Gary Neville who is a complete tosser?

Vicario
Emerson
Sanchez
VDV
Davies
Hojbjerg
Bissouma
LoCelso
Solomon
Richarlison
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Emerson Sanchez VDV Davies
Hojbjerg Bissouma LoCelso
Solomon Richarlison Son
[/lineup]

Bench:
Forster, Porro, Udogie, Sarr, Skipp, Maddison, Perisic, Kulusevski, Veliz/Scarlett

I feel like that's a good middle ground. Romero, Maddison and Udogie have all had knocks in the first couple games. Porro and Emerson are pretty even and I would like to see Solomon get a few more minutes because he's looked bright.

Back
Top Bottom