Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son in 75 minutes (well more like 86' if we're couting the extra time).......

Why would we do that? The stoppage time is now in direct correlation to the time the ball was not in play........

You can't expect a player to have 'moments' without the ball in play. That's just silly.

I also want him to get a couple but in the evidence we've seen, it's not going to happen without a massive upturn in form.

27 premier league appearances and 1 goal to his Spurs career.

I've seen nothing that makes me suddenly think he's going to be a 20 Premier League goals a season man.

TBF, last season neither was the CF for Arse, Chavs, Liverpool, Man U, NC, Villa, Brighton..... In fact only 3 players in the entire league scored 20..... The robot cunt, Kane & Toney.

Will Rich prove to be our solution at CF over the course of the season? TBC

Does he have to be a 20 goal man to tick that box? No.

(Aside: Bugs the shit out of me tbh..... We hear this crap all the time about bottom half clubs..... "They're not half bad.... All they need is a 20 goal striker"..... FFS, that's a first class season for a CF.... Such players are gold dust and if they do it regularly they're easily worth 100m quid....... A level that most clubs don't have so why the fuck would one think fucking Bmuff or Palace would have one?)

Last edited:
Well if we're gonna play attacking, possession based football then we need to get used to teams sitting deep against us.

We do... But Ange's first ever EPL game, might be a bit soon to be playing that card.

I wonder will he try and blood in young scarlet. Ferguson is around the same ag and probably has the same ability,
Difference is that Brighton can afford to gamble whereas we can’t it seems

Brighton carry next to no expectation on their shoulders.

Nor do they get slaughtered by their own fanbase on the basis of how much their players do or don't cost.

They even have the 'get out of jail free card 'of "oh, but it was also our maiden season in Europe" should they tank and finish bottom half like WH did last season.

Last edited:
Does he have to be a 20 goal man to tick that box? No.
No, but he sure has to be more than a 5 goal a season man. Creating havoc regularly just aint gonna cut it.
I'm not writing him off, but equally I'm not full of confience he's gonna chip in significantly to the GF coloumn. Bloody hope he does though. Earliest of days so far in the AP system, so hopefully it all starts to click at some point.

The Vic bashing a bit odd, okay a couple of shaky moments but he also made 3/4 very good saves and had decent hands to catch balls from the air.

He also wasn’t afraid to mix it up and go long and when he did he basically hit the opp pen area. I’m pleased enough with him, if not blown away

The knives were pre-sharpened for the poor lad the moment he was signed.

Changes for Utd game I'd like to see - Sarr in for Skipp, Porro in for Kulusevski. Leave the others for a minute but keep Son on a short leash and let him know, more of the same and he is benched.

I'd like to see Porro on the right of our attack because he can hold the width, has good delivery and is a good, technical player. I think Richy has more of a chance with a player like Porro out wide.

Back
Top Bottom