Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dunno. I actually quite like Jose in the doc and I give him credit for apologising to Dele.

I agree that his man-management can leave a lot to be desired though.
It is a form of man management that will work on some people but completely fail with others.

My dad uses a very similar style. He likes to prod and poke at you to try and get you to do better. He was also my football coach growing up so I'm quite used to it so seeing people not get it has always been a bit weird to me. To me it is just natural.

Nice to get a sense of closure on what happened to him, and Im glad he went out and got help for his issues as it was looking pretty bad last season. And now hopefully as he says he'll be an even better player than before.
does it put everton in a weird place do you tihnk? To try and ship him out now would seem incsensative, to keep and not play him woulld also look bad from the outside. But to play him means a club with not much money will then have to pay us quite a lot of money.
Hope he impresses in pre season and gets back to his best and is just undropable for everton or gets sold to another prem club and does well. and hopefully he can go on and get back in the england squad for the euros.
Be an epic comeback
I guess that theoretically we could work it out with Everton where we waive whatever fees that remain for Dele. Maybe they could be renegotiated as a sell on clause instead or something like that.

Just spitballing a solution that could work for everyone.

I work with people who have been sexually abused. To be honest I'm not surprised he mentioned that. Often trauma drives people to be a success in the world, but you always have to deal with it at some point. Having watched that interview, he is saying all the right things to turn it around. Would love him back at the lane if he does.

Dele says in the interview that he doesn't have a problem with Jose or even with the comment itself. But with how Amazon presented it and the narrative that sprung from it.

Jose did acknowledge that Dele isn't lazy and apologized.

Why did Mourinho come to the conclusion that he was lazy in the first place?

Why did Mourinho come to the conclusion that he was lazy in the first place?
Because based on what we know, Jose's managing style includes trying to provoke players into responding. He calls a player out like when he said that he expected Tanguy to give more and we then had Tanguy actually step up and deliver a string of good performances. As I said in another post, my dad operates in a similar way so for me it doesn't even stand out as odd.

It's a gamble because some players/people do not respond to it. Dele even said in the interview that he didn't take the comment from Jose that badly because he knew that he worked hard and that it would show. He took offence to how the media and internet ran with it more than anything.

Because based on what we know, Jose's managing style includes trying to provoke players into responding. He calls a player out like when he said that he expected Tanguy to give more and we then had Tanguy actually step up and deliver a string of good performances. As I said in another post, my dad operates in a similar way so for me it doesn't even stand out as odd.

It's a gamble because some players/people do not respond to it. Dele even said in the interview that he didn't take the comment from Jose that badly because he knew that he worked hard and that it would show. He took offence to how the media and internet ran with it more than anything.

That's different though.

We could all see Ndombeles performances and he was called out before Mourinho arrived.

Dele was constantly running more than everyone bar Eriksen, just obviousky not the same player we saw years prior.

Calling someone, in person, who youve never worked with before lazy before they can apply themselves is bad managing. Simple as that.

This wasn't Mourinho wanting a reaction. It was him being a prick. Hence why he went and apologised a week later.

Watching the last couple years of his time here you could tell something was up but geez this was not what I expected.

Hopefully this is the start of the rest of his life and he can find peace and happiness.

I know the club’s not a charity, but I do feel like we gave up on him, when he needed our support the most
I’m not an expert but have unfortunately been around a few addicts within my wife’s family, with one of them dying from it. Because it was such a personal and a health issue the club couldn’t say anything, so we don’t know what level of support he was getting.

Sometimes, there just isn’t an easy answer for how to deal with an addict and someone with such mental health issues, and cutting loose is one of the only options left. It’s difficult but with many people in that situation they have to hit absolute bottom before they are ready to change, and there’s not much the club or any external person can do to force them on that path.

Full credit to him for speaking out and being fully transparent, seems like a very important step on the road to recovery.

Back
Top Bottom