Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
do we know for a fact Dier hasn't been put up for sale?

if he was 'put up for sale' do you think he would gave interested parties willing to pay for him?

Perhaps I should rephrase that he's not said he wants to go whilst Sanchez has said he wants to go.

With Lenglet gone and Davies not ideal for a 2 CB defence, and Sanchez likely off, that leaves Romero and Dier left, with Spurs needing to sign 2 CB's

I don't think Spurs want to sign 3 CB's as we need funds for other positions, so not sure club will force Dier to leave.

With Dier as 4th choice CB I hope it allows likes of Dorrington the opportunity to make a few appearances, probably off bench

Of course that's just my reading of situation.

But they are still the same player. The idea is to get players when they’ve been misused and undervalued when you don’t have unlimited resources like us.
He's shown absolutely nothing at both Chelsea and Leverkusen (2 very different teams in 2 very different Leagues) to take a look at him.

If it were for someone like CHO, I'd bring Dele back to White Hart Lane tomorrow. At least he's Tottenham.

His dream is to play for Hajduk. Is talking about it for years. Wage is irrelevant.
Pacta sunt servanda.

Levy should not give any player right to breach the contract just because player "dream" about something. Perišić last summer was free agent and he choose to sign for Spurs. As he still have value as a player it would be sheer stupidity to let him go as a free agent.

Now go to Hajduk's forum you miserable donkey.

Last edited:
In Croatia they are almost certain he's going to Hajduk.

On a sidenote, they have produced talent after talent at that club recently and have a massive talent at CB (can't remember his name). Letting them have Perisic for free, could be a serious case of paying it forward.
Vuskovic, 16. Our goal is to win the title after 19 years because next season, our rivals Dinamo will go directly to CL group phase if they win the league, and the gap between Dinamo and Hajduk would be too big.

Vuskovic is on transfer list, already approached by City, but would mind if we get some kind of deal where we sell him for 5-6m to Tottenham and get Perisic in package.

Personally, I think judgement has to wait until we see how it pans out.

Many made disappointed statements about the winter window when we signed Kulusevski and Bentancur only for them to completely turn our season around and in hindsight, both were fantastic signings.

Many also thought the Sanchez signing was a coup...

The proof will always be how the signings perform and if they provide us value - something we simply won't know until we are a decent number of games into the season.

100% agree

Pacts sunt servanda.

Levy should not give any player right to breach the contract just because player "dream" about something. Perišić last summer was free agent and he choose to sign for Spurs. As he still have value as a player it would be sheer stupidity to let him go as a free agent.

Think we would love to get his wages off the books rather than paying him off a bit . He was brought in as a WB for Conte, both things not happening next season.

Pacts sunt servanda.

Levy has option to keep him on bench with his huge wages or let him go and free wage budget. Perisic will not accept any other transfer offer so basically it is the choice between two above mentioned options.

And I think you are not behaving proper, using those words. I just jump in to get more informations.

If you look at Modric, he might look lightweight but his thighs were like tree trunks, much thicker than most footballers, and that I think was his secret to being a lot more rugged than he initially looked
Agreed. Luka had also played a lot of men's football in Croatia, including lower league loans where he had to learn to use his body to protect the ball & avoid getting kicked too often.

Gil does have the mentality to receive the ball in tight situations, but he's not got that combination of a strong physical base and, crucially, guile to consistently keep possession & move the play on to a teammate.

Vuskovic, 16. Our goal is to win the title after 19 years because next season, our rivals Dinamo will go directly to CL group phase if they win the league, and the gap between Dinamo and Hajduk would be too big.

Vuskovic is on transfer list, already approached by City, but would mind if we get some kind of deal where we sell him for 5-6m to Tottenham and get Perisic in package.
Spurs are football club, not some child trafficking mob.

Joke aside, Vuskovic is not so big talent, he just grew very fast and is physically dominant for his age, but is a slow like a turtle and never will achieve nothing special. Something like Vlašić.

do we know for a fact Dier hasn't been put up for sale?

if he was 'put up for sale' do you think he would gave interested parties willing to pay for him?
Yup.

Harry Kane hasn't been put up for sale, in fact the club have actually said he's not for sale, yet Bayern are bidding whilst other clubs are interested.

Eric Dier though...

Laugh Lol GIF by PG Tips

That's him.

Was told PSG also pretty keen.

Never seen him but was told he's a bigger talent than Gvardiol at that age. likes to score from the halfway line.

Sounds like a decent deal to me as well. Granted I've never seen the kid play but we could easily send him on loan.

There is another AM at Hajduk that's meant to be a talent as well?

That's him.

Was told PSG also pretty keen.

Never seen him but was told he's a bigger talent than Gvardiol at that age. likes to score from the halfway line.

Sounds like a decent deal to me as well. Granted I've never seen the kid play but we could easily send him on loan.

There is another AM at Hajduk that's meant to be a talent as well?
That would be Rokas Pukstas, U20 USA player and already first team player. Good work ethics, concentrated only on football.

Perhaps I should rephrase that he's not said he wants to go whilst Sanchez has said he wants to go.

With Lenglet gone and Davies not ideal for a 2 CB defence, and Sanchez likely off, that leaves Romero and Dier left, with Spurs needing to sign 2 CB's

I don't think Spurs want to sign 3 CB's as we need funds for other positions, so not sure club will force Dier to leave.

With Dier as 4th choice CB I hope it allows likes of Dorrington the opportunity to make a few appearances, probably off bench

Of course that's just my reading of situation.
I would be doing everything possible to make sure he is not an option next season. If that means Lenglet comes in for next to nothing and takes up the 4th cb space (presuming we have Romero, VDV and Tapsoba) then I would go with that.

I actually still don't think people fully realise how detrimental it would be even having him as an option.

There wasn't one word from Perišić that he is ready to go without being payed off the rest or half the contract. Even then, should we let Kane to buy out he's contract because he's dreaming about something. I'm not against Perišić leaving, but let players to go like that means opening very dangerous Pandora's box. Right now, Hajduk have nothing to offer in terms of players good enough for Spurs and don't have the money to cover his salary.

Not to mention that last time when Spurs played in Europe competition against them, their fan killed a rooster (breaking roosters neck) at the center of the pitch.
Think we would love to get his wages off the books rather than paying him off a bit . He was brought in as a WB for Conte, both things not happening next season.

It's been a decent start but by no means brilliant yet.

It will all hinge on the CB situation.

A serious club gets VDV and Tapsoba on that plane for Oz and then Tosin later in the window.

A serious club does not have Dier, Sanchez, Rodon or Tanganga anywhere near a starting place.

There wasn't one word from Perišić that he is ready to go without being payed off the rest or half the contract. Even then, should we let Kane to buy out he's contract because he's dreaming about something. I'm not against Perišić leaving, but let players to go like that means opening very dangerous Pandora's box. Right now, Hajduk have nothing to offer in terms of players good enough for Spurs and don't have the money to cover his salary.

Not to mention that last time when Spurs played in Europe competition against them, their fan killed a rooster (breaking roosters neck) at the center of the pitch.
As I already said: Levy can choose to keep him on bench with 180kpw, or free wages.
Kane is different story, he is key player, Perisic is bench player at best scenario.

You are obviously some jealous fan to mention stories that happened 50 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom