"Yid" chanting...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yid chants, offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 317 92.2%

• Total voters
I still chanted it, although a lot were reluctant to join in. Atmosphere was pony yesterday. Properly mugged off.

As for the police, fucking spineless wankers. Was right by the divide and they were fucking useless. Some fella in front of me got spat on, and it was visible on his head. Everyone could see who done it too. Did they do anything? Did they fuck. Just said the camera's will pick it up if anything had happened. Jokers.

Fucking dirty chavy cunts. This is what makes it even more fucking frustrating that we got battered by them.

Fucking dirty chavy cunts. This is what makes it even more fucking frustrating that we got battered by them.

Can't see the problem with spitting at us... after all, we're dirty little Jews... well >5% of us are apparently!

Now had we 'spat' the word 'Yid' in retaliation... THEN YOU GOT YOURSELF A PROBLEM!!
This Cuntry is officially fucked!

As always, the argument is that the n word is used by black people. Hence it's one thing for a Jew to use Yid, but something different if it's a gentile using it. That's the crucial difference in the 'against' camp's case.

Here's my take on it. If you look in the crowd of WHL, we are truly a multi cultural group with various national flags proudly displayed through out the ground. One day our Jewish community were hurled anti semitic abuse and were a constant target to small minded bigoted dogs...We as a community, whatever creed colour etc protected our own and took back the Y word as an act of defiance against these scum. It's pretty rose coloured I know and won't get away from the fact that for some people that word is always offensive, but for me I think that's pretty fucking cool. Better than two clubs who if you look in the crowd are not diverse and have clearly intimidated other cultures with their attitude, but we are the easier target so we will get prosecuted. It reminds me of school, the kids that mugged/stabbed people etc would act like utter cunts and the teacher couldn't be arsed to do anything with them, too much trouble. But when the good kid did something, they'd be in trouble and reprimanded, easier target. FA are too scared to brand a club rascist as it would destroy their/countries image etc and cost money.

More than just a club for me this place. COYS.

Seeing as Star of David ISRAELI flags are banned now, do you think they'll ban the Cyprus flag that always hangs over the corner of the Paxton/West Stand??? Or the various Norwegian/Irish flags that pop up....

A national flag is a national flag after all... The club can't be seen to be discriminating an entire COUNTRY, can they?

Some good posts on here.

What a shit day all round yesterday. Watching those vile cunts celebrate the goals and gloat outside after the game made me feel sick.

Atmosphere started off decent but after about 10 minutes it was embarrassing. In my stand (Paxton) more people were singing the YID word than usual so I'm upset to read that wasn't the case elsewhere. No blame to those who were afraid of prosecution, all blame to the FA, Herbert, Baddiel and our politically correct society. Obviously there are more eyes on you down in the PL lower and Shelfside so that could be why this was the case.

It seems incredibly unfair that one person got singled out. The whole thing is unfair of course, but for one person out of maybe 15,000 singing it to have been arrested...that's just cowardly, bully tactics from the pigs.

YIDS YIDS YIDS

It's ironic that of the points we've dropped, and goals conceded this season, they have been against the THREE clubs around whom much of the whole YID word (I refuse to say 'Y' as its' too ambiguous) debate has been centred around... coincidence???

Err, yeah - it's a coincidence. Just a very annoying coincidence.

I still chanted it, although a lot were reluctant to join in. Atmosphere was pony yesterday. Properly mugged off.

As for the police, fucking spineless wankers. Was right by the divide and they were fucking useless. Some fella in front of me got spat on, and it was visible on his head. Everyone could see who done it too. Did they do anything? Did they fuck. Just said the camera's will pick it up if anything had happened. Jokers.

You must have been right next to me mate.

Completely agree, police too scared to take action against them as it would be more trouble than it's worth, which I kind of agree with in a way. It would have caused them to kick off if one of them got kicked out. I don't even think the police could have got in amongst them like they were with us. I think there was 6 in total spread out on the divide, with a couple of the smallest weakest uninterested looking stewards. Not to mention the young asian policeman who (according to the policeman next to me) was new to the job and being thrown in at the deep end. Way out of his depth.

Noticed a line of o.b along The Shelf too.

Seeing as Star of David ISRAELI flags are banned now, do you think they'll ban the Cyprus flag that always hangs over the corner of the Paxton/West Stand??? Or the various Norwegian/Irish flags that pop up....

A national flag is a national flag after all... The club can't be seen to be discriminating an entire COUNTRY, can they?
That Cyprus flags not been there for two seasons now - wouldn't surprise me if they';ve banned all flags.

No other news it was just on the radio.

I would never have accepted the caution. You're quite right. It's exactly the same as if you contest it or accept it.

What a grubby little day it was for spurs in general.

BBC saying 'A Tottenham supporter arrested at half-time during Sunday's 3-0 defeat by West Ham for using the term "Yid" has been warned about his behaviour but will not face charges.'
Warning is usually a caution and does not appear to prospective employers. It is really only used for bad character applications in court. This disagrees with stories that the man in question has received bail. Unless of course he denied any offence then admitted it later on, which is strange if he had legal counsel because the offence itself is ambiguous. Perhaps he just did not want the hassle.

People were warned (informally) not to sing it by the same policemen when chanting it amongst themselves. The man warned/cautioned apparently shouted 'yid' right in the police officer's face which is not clever. Such an incident might have even resulted in arrest before all this speculation about the word.

It is a shame that the police are getting involved in this; It is more a matter for the FA and the club not the law. Saying that I would be very surprised if the police arrest then charge/caution someone for chanting it amongst supporters. Even though it is their job the CPS don't want to waste money and time and I just can't see even the harshest judge or jury convicting any Tottenham fan.

The club wouldn't ban him. They might want to appease the FA and police occassionally but Levy surely knows that a ban would be met with open hostility from the fanbase.

The club wouldn't ban him. They might want to appease the FA and police occassionally but Levy surely knows that a ban would be met with open hostility from the fanbase.
Problem you have there is that if he accepted a caution, he's admitting committing a criminal offence. That then puts the club in the position of realistically having to ban him as they can't discriminate one football related/Public Order criminal offence over another.

Tricky and fecking sticky situation that never should have been allowed to happen. The FA, the police, Baddiel and Herbert are an utter disgrace. Not a fucking ounce of common sense between them.

I must say I havent been paying much attention to this because it makes me quite angry but its hard to avoid now that its splashed everywhere. I just cant believe how out of hand its all getting. Why was no one complaining 20 or 30 years ago? What has changed? Why all of a sudden are people becoming offended?

And worst of all why the fuck do chants like "He's coming for you, He's coming for you, we cant say his name, He's coming for you" get brushed under the carpet.

Unbelievable confusion by the authorities over identity, intent, context and what racism actually is.

Im gob-smacked at it all.

"He's coming for you, He's coming for you, we cant say his name, He's coming for you" was this sung?

Back
Top Bottom