January Window ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What score would you give our window out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AberdeenYid

I'm very rarely proud of myself
Still a few hours until the window closes, or slams shut, depending on if you watch SSN or not, but assuming Rafa VDV isn’t on a RyanAir flight at present, we are probably done for the month. How did we do?

Incidentally, I’ve voted 4. Porro seems like a strong signing to solve a long term issue, so that’s good. Not convinced about Danjuma, but hopefully he’ll do the business and seems to be more squad strength rather than first team.

But we are weak at the back still and should have got a centre back in. And a quality one at that. Also a bit bored with seeing players leave on loan, would like to see us sell a few at some point. Don’t think Paratici is doing anything startling with his outgoing deals.

Vote 1 for Porro Danjuma was actually a luxury as we could have dropped Son and switched formation with Harry deeper and Richarlison as the 9. No centerbacks when Bournemouth pick up the Ukrainian lad Gold has repeatedly claimed Spurs admire is poor.

I have given it a 5 as everyone has said Porro is the best RWB in the world , and Chelsea have proved it’s very tough to get targets in during the January window so the centre back will have to wait till summer!

Between 3 and 4. Danjuma for Gil, meh. He'll probably score a few more but not creative, if Kulu gets injured we're in trouble. Porro hopefully good and he'll make a difference. But no centre back, no creative player and no one leaving permanently leaves it about a 3 as just stacking up issues to the summer. The amount to do then looks ridiculous.

I gave it a 7. For a full year people were complaining about our RWB, pointing it out as our greatest spot of weakness, we filled it with the best possible option, and added one of the standouts of last season Champions League as a depth option. If we managed to bring a good CB in it would've been a 10.

I've no idea if Porro's the business because I've hardly seen him in action, but we've all been crying out for a proper RWB and here he apparently is. Job done.

Gil out. Don't like. He was looking useful and quite exciting to watch.

Doherty out. Meh. I'd have preferred Emerson to have gone but whatever.

Danjuma, hopefully a decent addition. Fingers crossed.

Summer, no CB. This Jan, no CB. We desperately need someone to challenge (read: replace) Dier and get rid of Sanchez.

I think Sess is shit. There. Said it. I can't recall a single game where I've been blown away by him. At very best, a six. Most of the time, a 3 or 4. He's had plenty of chances and fucked up too many of them. A timid husk of a footballer and I'd like to have seen someone in for him.

I get that we need to play it clever about Hugo's replacement but he's been a disaster thus far, cost us valuable points and I'd like to have seen a replacement come in. I get that he's been loyal and is our Captain, but do we want to win or not?

A Maddison type in midfield. Yep. Fortunately, our midfield isn't too shabby so no urgency.

I'd like to have seen players sold. Cut the price if necessary and bump up the cash ready for the summer transfer window. Please don't haggle all summer, Levy.

Score: 5

(If Porro and Danjuma turn out to be Bentancur and Kulu level and turn us around, I reserve the right to call myself a clueless fucknut)

Gave it a 4. And I feel that was slightly generous.

Porro is a decent buy, I'm hopeful Danjuma can offer us a little more than Gil.

But we failed to address so many well documented issues with both our first 11 and squad that I won't bore everyone by mentioning for the 1,000,000th time on here.

5 is fair for me based on what we need.

Good: Porro is class and Danjuma is decent and will give us a better attacking edge.

Bad: got holes with 2 CB’s and ageing keeper, even one CB could make the difference as we having been hurting from this all season.

if we had got a good CB I would rate it 8/10.

So average at the moment.

6 - Porro will give us an attacking threat from the right sided wide areas we haven’t seen under Conte. He should give us a much more balanced attack and we can actually see a true attacking 5 with width.

Danjuma- strong depth attacking option . Good scoring record with Villarreal. Champs league experience Brings 1v1 skill we’ve been lacking. No risk but decent upside.

Fully expecting a late flurry as surely even Levy isn't leaving gaping holes in key positions once again .
Especially with our unparalleled ffp wriggle room and New Stadium bonanza
Therefore, I'll keep my powder dry for a few more hours.

Thanks for posting the poll AberdeenYid AberdeenYid :nunothumb:

Gave it a 5. Porro provides us with the much needed RWB that we should've tried to get when we brought in Conte, and Danjouma provided us with some needed cover up front, but overall, we've still got glaring issues.

Wasn't expecting them to bring in a Hugo replacement, but was hoping to see decent links and intent to sign a LCB or CCB which didn't really happen

Porro is basically an emergency surgery to stem the bleeding from the head. Meanwhile we're walking on a broken leg, hard to be very pleased with that.

We might limp into 4th again.

We were supposed to build on last season's rescue job by Conte, but we find ourselves in exactly the same position.

Porro is basically an emergency surgery to stem the bleeding from the head. Meanwhile we're walking on a broken leg, hard to be very pleased with that.

We might limp into 4th again.

We were supposed to build on last season's rescue job by Conte, but we find ourselves in exactly the same position.
It's been a funny season really, the decline of Hugo and Son has hit us quite hard. Which with an actual plan/vision of the club could've been avoided.

We're in this vicious cycle where every window we get emergency gaps that we need to fill, in turn neglecting areas that will become emergency gaps the following season/window.

Our biggest problems were GK, LCB, CCB, RWB and maybe LW as Son has been terrible and Richarlison almost never playing.

We've sorted out 2 out of 5 of those problems, so...this windows gets a 2 out of 5.

It's been a funny season really, the decline of Hugo and Son has hit us quite hard. Which with an actual plan/vision of the club could've been avoided.

We're in this vicious cycle where every window we get emergency gaps that we need to fill, in turn neglecting areas that will become emergency gaps the following season/window.
Yup, I've always hated Levy for that. I'm convinced he deliberately addresses as few problems as he can to just keep us in the top 4 and no more. Like a stingy landlord who only fixes issues after a lot of complaining, and only does the most basic/cheapest job possible.

Look at this whole Porro saga, if he'd just bought him on the first of Jan, we'd have spent a month demanding a CB. In the end he's got a lot of people feeling grateful for getting Porro over the line.

I gave it a 2 (maybe I'll change it if we have a flurry of activity before the window shuts) . Hugo and Dier have been costing us points all season. A centre back & a goalkeeper are needed now. 2 is for finally fixing the RWB situation, which should have been sorted out in the summer.

Not happy we ain’t buying a CB. We are a bad Romero injury away from season over for me. None of our CB’s are good enough. That being said, Porro is an unbelievable addition and will be our 1st choice RWB in no time. Could be worse anyway. We could be Everton. Rock bottom of premier league selling your only real talented player and haven’t bought a dime 😂 Everton fans are fuming

Back
Top Bottom