Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couldn't watch it, doesn't sound like I missed a lot. What were the top 3 reasons we lost?
The players looked scared and afraid to get down and dirty. United pressed them with ease. Bissouma was the main culprit of this. The usual scapegoats Doherty, Dier, Davies were all terrible, its incredible how all three are starters still after a whole summer transfer window.

The players looked scared and afraid to get down and dirty. United pressed them with ease. Bissouma was the main culprit of this. The usual scapegoats Doherty, Dier, Davies were all terrible, its incredible how all three are starters still after a whole summer transfer window.
Bissouma looks terrified to just play. Because the system comes first. The player we saw at Brighton is still there locked in a tactical box of Contes making.

Spot on - Loris Kane and Son will need replaced very soon. The rebuild should have started 2 years before MoPo left - as MoPo suggested! We’re 5 years and counting from then and still “rebuilding” but not improving
In many ways Poch has his part to play in the failed rebuild. Maybe the errors can be attributed to others, but I believe he's largely responsible for us paying £42 fucking million for Davinson Sanchez, then of course £50m for Ndombele, about the same for Lo Celso, £30m for Sess, all of whom have gone on to be massive massive disappointments.

Then he greenlit the sale of Walker and Trippier too.

Only with the arrival of Paratici did we begin to finally make some decent transfers, Romero, Kulu and Benta being the only unqualified successes.

Anderton is a better footballer than every single one of our current squad bar peak Kane.

I've gone big. And I stand by every word.
Europa League Football GIF by UEFA
hey now

What were the tactics for this match. We fucking showed absolutely nothing. First half we just let united attack all game. Showed no ambition the entire game. I know we don’t win at old trafford but that was just embarrassing for a team with top 4 hopes. Sorry to all the traveling fans that went up tonight. What a dreadful trip

Last edited:
In many ways Poch has his part to play in the failed rebuild. Maybe the errors can be attributed to others, but I believe he's largely responsible for us paying £42 fucking million for Davinson Sanchez, then of course £50m for Ndombele, about the same for Lo Celso, £30m for Sess, all of whom have gone on to be massive massive disappointments.

Then he greenlit the sale of Walker and Trippier too.

Only with the arrival of Paratici did we begin to finally make some decent transfers, Romero, Kulu and Benta being the only unqualified successes.
Sanchez had a great run in the first team when he first came. Then he got sat on the bench of a long time for no really good reason, and since then, he's struggled to match that first awesome run of form where we all thought he was gonna be the next Ledley King. It always was baffling to me why Poch sat him on the bench for that whole season. In hindsight it now just looks like really poor successionary planning and favoritism. Also makes me reflect on how easy it is to damage players' confidence and trajectory, sometimes permanently. Sad episode I've always hoped he would be able to overcome. Has not happened yet but I'm still rooting for him.

This was Conte ball at its worst.

I was hopeful for about 6 minutes at the start of the game. We were moving it ok and could actually hold onto the fucking thing for more than two passes. But that was it. After that it was a goddamned nightmare.

Really shone a light on the whole teams reliance on Hojbjerg (who has been brilliant thus far this season). He had a stinker today and as a result the rest of the team were shown up. Perisic, Kane, Son, Doherty, Benta and Bissouma were all shit. No one could keep possession nor pick a pass and the often relied upon "outball" never worked. The whole team were off it - and that never bodes well for any system of play, but makes Contes brand look particularly average. Missing Kulu big time as he will often show for the ball out wide, resist the press and then conjure up something that at least sees us progress into the final third.

Got to remember that we have had best ever start to the PL and are still well in the mix - and that an away game at old trafford is one of the tougher fixtures any team will play... but the manner in which we presented ourselves and played today was, quite frankly, akin to a hot cup of baby shit.

I do hope I don't wake up at 5:30am to be served a hot cup of baby shit again this season.

Ruined my fucking day it has.

We're sitting so deep we're cedeing all second chance balls, and failing to provide ANY passing options once we do recover possession.

Everyone is collapsing towards Dier- well- let Dier do his fucking job in CCB there- we need to play tactically sound football that includes not just parking the bus everytime they start passing it around.
Sitting that deep also takes away the strong point of Kane and Son's play, which is the quick transition to the attack. 0-0 at the half is not a positive.

I don’t know if the worlds most brilliant tactics would’ve overcome the performance by the players on the pitch today. They once again shriveled on a big away day. For large stretches they couldn’t even execute the most basic of passes. The first touches and dribbling were so poor. They’re so far away from where they need to be from a mentality perspective that it is just depressing.

Back
Top Bottom