Man Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur | Wednesday 19th Oct | KO 20:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Coming out of retirement to say I haven't seen us get dominated like that for a long long time.
Even on the worst days one or two players win their duals or we put some tackles in or something. Every single player got outfought by his opposite number, not just outfought but made to look an utter cunt in the process.

A beating like that is not easy to recover from.

Our best ever PL start statistically, and we put in a performance like that, just baffling. There is something very mentally wrong with this group.

Doesn't matter who the manager is they still shit themselves at the big grounds.
It makes me sad because it’s true.

This was far far worse than Woolwich game btw. We were in that game til the sending off and actually had the better of them at times in the first half. Today was absolute shit throughout, passive with and without the ball, nobody putting a shift in. Kane and son strolling around and being bullied anytime the ball is near them, bissouma and hoibjerg giving it away anytime it’s at their feet and dier and Davies back to their old selves.

The fact is, we just don't have the players, or the commitment to invest in the players, to keep us consistently performing at the top level.
Yup, I remember being immensely disappointed that we went into the season with Davies, Dier, and Emerson as our starting back line essentially.

Then we played game after game with practically identical starting lineup from last season.

My understanding of the situation was that Kulu and Benta got us limping over the finish line of top 4, and that there would be big changes to the starting 11...

Horrible performance. Down there with Brighton at home last season, and the 3 games v Chavs on january. Took it easy after 20 mimutes knowing that the inevitable would come. Onwards to sunday.

Lost count of the back passes. Bissouma especially seemed to think we were playing the other way. No creativity and didn't string more than 2 passes together all night. No changes until 10 mins from the end!!!

Let's just face it guys. We can rant and rave at Conte and every other of the countless previous managers who have come and gone over the last 2 decades.
We can hound them out every day and every night...

The fact is, we just don't have the players, or the commitment to invest in the players, to keep us consistently performing at the top level.

Even domestic cup success continues to elude us under these spivs
Shut the fuck up

Feel for the supporters making the trip up there to have to watch that garbage.

This squad of players are not winning anything, they don't have a winners mentality. Sess summed these losers up when he came on and then bottled out of an aerial dual in their box

I'm not conte out but if offered poch back at least we would see some attacking football

Shut the fuck up

TO THE LEVY/ENIC THREAD!!!

Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

Obviously watching your team getting battered isn't good. But listening to the commentary talking about Spurs' record against top 6 sides was causing me to lose my shit as every top 6 side has lost their away matches, ONLY we have picked up a point away from home (vs chavs). So, I only say this because it's clearly a trend and please try to ignore the narratives.

But honestly, that performance can't be defended. We were totally outplayed.
100% agree.

Terrible performance tonight, but exactly right, Woolwich lost 3-1 at OT, Liverpool also lost there. No excuses but just goes to show it's not an easy ground to just turn up and win.

We didn't put in a good performance, I knew it was gonna happen.

Doesn't help that we massively invited Man Utd onto us and we had literally no urgency in our game at all.

Back
Top Bottom