Spurs v West Ham United Football Club - Sunday 20 March 16:30 (ON SKY IN THE UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something else I've noticed in recent games - how is it that we can suddenly pass our way out at the back with the precision and confidence of prime Man City? 3 months ago it was terrifying every time we passed it around at the back, yet today, not for the first time recently, every player involved made triangles and rectangles where necessary, played quick short accurate passes to feet, and got us out of trouble and past the press. Is it Bentancur's involvement? Or Romero's confidence? Or is it that Conte is drilling it into these players with repetitive 'get yourself out of this situation 50 times in the next half hour' sessions? Whatever it is, it's a very welcome sight, really makes us look superior to our opposition, and (of course most importantly) gets us into good positions to hurt them. Long may it continue.
I noticed that in the Brighton game. A few weeks ago we'd be shutting the bed anytime the opposition pressed us. Now, we just seem to ooze confidence passing through the press.

Bentancur has made a difference, but not as much as the coaching. I'm watching Ben Davies receiving the ball in tight areas and picking a first time pass, Dier the same. Not to mention that our players seem to now be able to control a ball at pace.

All in all, very pleasing on the eye. We might be more devastating on the counter, but we also have the ability to create from front to back, and seem to be getting better and better at it as each match passes.

We're suddenly an enjoyable watch!

Who knew?

Celebrating in the Shelf Bar, great party atmosphere
Happy Anniversary GIF by Sesame Street

Not enough replays from the USA point of view. Docherty's flub for the 1st WHU goal; Reguilon being flattened in the penalty area before he could shoot; Son's flub for the corner.

I wonder how Moura & Bergwijn feel about being used as cannon fodder? Subs should have been used sooner.

Protesters chained to the posts would have free up a pair of defenders for each corner.

Good win and love seeing how relaxed we are in defence and in transition. Bentancur and Romero are top players and the 2 players we have been looking for the last 3 or 4 seasons. The front 3 are great but we now have a platform behind them also
It does make a lovely change , watching us play out from the back and look so assured doing it . Early on in the season under Nuno ,we just looked a shambles trying it

My first home game for a little while. Great atmosphere fully deserved. Reggy was the only disappointment for me. Wrong decisions and week shots all game. The whole team would go up a level with a decent replacement

Dominated, should have had more.
Good vibe in the ground, loved the inflatable cats.
Bentacur wonderful again. Kulu, Kane and obviously Son all great.
Being playing well since Burnley loss.
They were a joke on and off the pitch.

Never heard their rabble on TV all game...... Rare for any away fans.

My first home game for a little while. Great atmosphere fully deserved. Reggy was the only disappointment for me. Wrong decisions and week shots all game. The whole team would go up a level with a decent replacement

Gets so many scoring opportunities.....

Need to get him out on the pitch after training, practicing 1-v-1s will Giollini.

Back
Top Bottom