Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How about parallel state sanctioned murder then...

Yeah seems like a legit source...🙄

Also you posting this in regards the comments I made would make sort of sense.... if we were not talking about the bloke in your "mintpressnews" story not selling the club.....You ok man?
Oh unless you got some "Mintpressnews" juice on the investors. Got any dat?

:mourloopy:

A group buying at 3B has a different bar for success than one sitting on a ~2.5B profit from their initial investment.

Doesn’t mean they might not run the club badly, but they’ll lose their shirt if they do.
I think we need to define the term ‘success’ which is different for an investor than a football fan.
By almost every business metric, ENIC’s stewardship of Tottenham has been a major success. From a supporter’s POV, it has been, at best, mixed.
Frankly, I would prefer to win a League or FA Cup on a semi-regular basis than to qualify for a European competition. This would represent success in my estimation and I would forego a Wednesday night match against Young Boys for a happy walk to Wembley underground. However, from an investor’s POV, that would probably be a disaster.

Can you imagine how Ahab Ahab would react!
spicy big trouble in little china GIF

I think we need to define the term ‘success’ which is different for an investor than a football fan.
By almost every business metric, ENIC’s stewardship of Tottenham has been a major success. From a supporter’s POV, it has been, at best, mixed.
Frankly, I would prefer to win a League or FA Cup on a semi-regular basis than to qualify for a European competition. This would represent success in my estimation and I would forego a Wednesday night match against Young Boys for a happy walk to Wembley underground. However, from an investor’s POV, that would probably be a disaster.
Sure, I agree with all of that, but the business success of ENIC’s project has stalled and hit a hard ceiling. To kick on revenue growth a different formula is needed.

We basically have to be among the European elite on the pitch for that kind of investment to work. Now, can we corrupt our way into that elite via an ESL type mechanism? You can bet they won’t stop trying and that’s the cheaper alternative with the bigger upside. But mid-table mediocrity isn’t really an option when you’re coming in at that price with our infrastructural situation.

Yeah seems like a legit source...🙄

Also you posting this in regards the comments I made would make sort of sense.... if we were not talking about the bloke in your "mintpressnews" story not selling the club.....You ok man?
Oh unless you got some "Mintpressnews" juice on the investors. Got any dat?

:mourloopy:

Look at that, old George Soros is a neighbour too.

Sure, I agree with all of that, but the business success of ENIC’s project has stalled and hit a hard ceiling. To kick on revenue growth a different formula is needed.

We basically have to be among the European elite on the pitch for that kind of investment to work. Now, can we corrupt our way into that elite via an ESL type mechanism? You can bet they won’t stop trying and that’s the cheaper alternative with the bigger upside. But mid-table mediocrity isn’t really an option when you’re coming in at that price with our infrastructural situation.
I completely disagree.

Are you suggesting that a global pandemic timed just after the most expensive/hot shit stadium opens is some sort of business model flaw?

The new PL TV deals include a UK Government demand that the PL pays the lower divisions an ADDITIONAL £100M/season in “Solidarity Payments”.

Not because every club is doing great.

Because every club (that isn’t 100% owner/State-funded) is struggling.

I completely disagree.

Are you suggesting that a global pandemic timed just after the most expensive/hot shit stadium opens is some sort of business model flaw?

The new PL TV deals include a UK Government demand that the PL pays the lower divisions an ADDITIONAL £100M/season in “Solidarity Payments”.

Not because every club is doing great.

Because every club (that isn’t 100% owner/State-funded) is struggling.
No.

What I’m suggesting is you can’t make CL money outside the CL, that CL money is the baseline and expectation level, but that we aren’t running a CL operation and never were.

An owner buying in at a CL price would have to, or would lose shitloads of money.

A valuation of Spurs at 10X Newcastle is honestly pretty wild. I can see why Lewis and Levy are getting itchy.

No.

What I’m suggesting is you can’t make CL money outside the CL, that CL money is the baseline and expectation level, but that we aren’t running a CL operation and never were.
And we lucked our way (ahead of schedule) into a final, after having been a fairly consistent CL-level club, while we were building our new CL-worthy stadium?

And we lucked our way (ahead of schedule) into a final, after having been a fairly consistent CL-level club, while we were building our new CL-worthy stadium?
Precisely.

Poch made 400-500M of squad value appear out of thin air. It was a business miracle, an impossible, unrepeatable task. And in a far less competitive environment, mind you.

I think people are overconfident in the Newcastle project, but if they really get it right the implications for what it then means in terms of transfer spend to achieve 4th place are pretty dramatic.

Spurs have more FFP wiggle room than anybody as someone mentioned, but you start to wonder how much a 3B valuation assumes some sort of cost controlling deus ex machina along the lines of the ESL.

To get the money we need to compete, we'll have to sell our souls to someone with questionable morals.
This is the thing. We already have an owner with questionable morals. But one with no interest in the success of our football club and not prepared to invest a penny of his vast wealth in our team.
Surely better to have a immoral owner who wants our team to win and is prepared to use his wealth to achieve that end.

Last edited:
This is the thing. We already have an owner with questionable morals. But one with no interest in the success of our football club and not prepared to invest a penny of his fast wealth in our team.
Surely better to have a immoral owner who wants our team to win and is prepared to use his wealth to achieve that end.

Good point. Do reputable owners exist?

As an aside, Spurs could get taken over by the Delai Lama and SSN will be foaming at the mouth to paint it as the end of football. Obviously I'll piss myself laughing but I hope everybody is prepared for that shitshow.

Back
Top Bottom