Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Goodbye my son. Thanks ever so much for the memories *awkward friendly wave*
Dele Alli GIF by COPA90

Worth is determined by what people are prepared to pay for an item. The line up to pay even 10 mil for Dele was pretty skinny. Leaving a deteriorating item on the shelf for another 6 months rarely increases its value.
Not a challenging concept. Then again, this might not be common sense to people that don't know business.

I'm back already...been looking through some deli nostalgia and it hurts to see what happened to him in the end but wish this guy all the best. Twas poor for the past 3 years but remained professional and somewhat smiley throughout. All the best mate, I hope you regain your form, just don't shithouse us when we play against you! :allitongue:

I know the Xs will flow in. But good fucking riddance.
He has been stinking the place out for years. Only surviving because constant new managers were convinced they could get a tune out of him. 6-10 games in they all realised he was shit. Rinse and repeat. I doubt we will even collect our £10m before fat frank susses him out. A return to the championship or lower awaits him.

His departure alone makes this a good good window. Thank fuck for that.

Wish him all the best, when he isn't playing against Spurs.

Dele's time at Spurs reminds me of my first intensely meaningful relationship. The highs were incredible, unforgettable, and will never be forgotten. Had things gone slightly different, you can still envisage a life where the passion and thrill never ends. But things didn't quite live up to that early promise, and its best for everyone to move on amicably. There will always be that little "what if" fantasy playing in the back of your mind, though.

Last edited:
I will choose to remember the good times which i am grateful for, I thought he would become a legend here, I really did, but I don’t know why it went wrong but it did and we tried to fix it but couldn’t. Had to draw a line under it.

Shame it ended the way it did but he was a great signing and gave us 3 superb seasons. I think he wanted to do well, you could see how fit he was at the start of the season but the spark has gone. I hope he does a good job at Everton, maybe its the fresh start he needs but have my doubts.

Bye Bye Dele, we will miss your early years with us, but with regret your time has been done for a while now.
Thanks for the memories and wish you well (not when you play us, obvs.).

Still not quite sure what went wrong with him...

He clearly wasn't the same player once Poch left ...

Maybe that was the moment he mentally 'jumped the shark' with us, I dunno...

Things began going downhill not long after he started doing that weird reverse fingers around his eye goal celebration....

Jose calling him out as lazy on the Amazon doc probably didn't help either, whilst Nuno was just glad to be here...

But I do wonder that if he can't motivate himself for a coach like Conte, then the problem clearly rests with Dele, rather than all the post-Poch managers who couldn't get a tune out of him.

Just a shame how it's ended... considering how it started.

Bye Dele.

I'll miss your silly wave and complicated handshake routines!

Back
Top Bottom