January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Morning all!

Here's a nice surprise for you all, it's that time of the transfer window again.

HAVE YOU DONATED THIS MONTH/YET/AT ALL?

As you all know, SC relies on your donations to be able to provide a unrivalled coverage of ITK, if it wasn't for you guys, the server would crash left right and centre and we simply couldn't afford to run it without resorting to limiting the number of members or something

We know from previous experience that there's a LOT of you who lurk, one time we had 600 voters participate in a poll.

Six bloody hundred. And that's just the yokes who bothered voting. Whichever way you slice it that's a lot. If everyone slung just three or four quid in the pot we'd be sorted for quite a while, so if you've never donated before, please consider doing so now.

I reckon we've a shedload of lurkmeisters, so come on guys, if you're one of them and you enjoy SC's coverage of the Transfer Window (and lets face it, you do because you're here right?), then please chip in. It doesn't have to be a massive amount.

And if you happen to be a Spurs mad gazzillionaire, cough the fuck up. And if you're Daniel Levy, fucking hell shortstuff, put your hands in your pockets. And get the BSoDL to chip in too.

But A&C, where does the money go?

Outgoings: The server costs £400 per month. Forum software purchases/licenses/misc comes to around £500 a year. So currently, the cost of SC is about £5k a year.

Incomings: Advertising/Affiliates can sometimes cover the costs during the transfer window (January, July, August) but thats sometimes. The rest of the year that falls well short. Its difficult to give an exact figure because the numbers don't stay the same but i'd say £100 a month during the quiet months. Donations during the quiet months come to about £50pm if we're lucky.

Rob will know better than I do, but I reckon we're short by about £2500 a year. And the income from ads is probably down.

If one month we raise more than is needed, it stays in the pot as it won't be long before it IS needed. The shortfall is made up out of Robs pocket. I'll repeat that.......It comes out of his pocket. Think about that for a minute. I reckon he pays an average of £50 a WEEK. Just so you lot can abuse each other :D

This is why i'm often cajoling, nudging, outright begging and open to bribery during the transfer window. It's when the most of you are about and our last big donation drive raised enough to cover costs for a couple of months or so.

Any excess raised stays in the pot until its needed when donations/income goes right down. Absolutely nothing goes on anything other than SC's running costs. Well, occasionally the odd prostitute
ummm.gif

So, if you'd like to donate, here's the link.

www.paypal.com

Donate to Spurscommunity

Help support Spurscommunity by donating or sharing with your friends.
www.paypal.com
www.paypal.com
We use Paypal but you don't need an account with them, you can use your card in the same way as making any other online purchase. Very securely.

Thanks guys. I'll try to be nice today yeah, but no promises :D

———————-

Go on, keep donating and giving people like Hercules the platform to spout bullshit Spurs community members. Absolutely incredible 🤣
Fucking despicable slugs!

Have yourself a hot toddy and go back to bed. Don’t put yourself through another 12 hours of transfer window nonsense.

Think I'll do that. I logged onto work this am to check emails and see if I could manage to do stuff but I feel like death so I'm going to grab a hot water bottle, have a warm drink, and snuggle into bed with my childhood bear 'fuzzy'.

Prob end up browsing on my phone though lol

Fair enough, won't argue with most of that.

Sorry - feeling a bit grumpy today
I'm getting grumpier and grumpier thinking about how badly the squad has tailed off from 5 years or so ago...

Walker, Rose, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, fucking Wimmer, Wanyama, Dembele, Trippier, Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli even...

A range of ability there, but tell me one of those players that was replaced by someone that was an improvement?

We sold Chadli because the money was too good to turn down for a squad player, then how much did we blow on N'jie, Nkouddou, Clarke? The three of them combined over the entire time since Chadli left have haven't scored as many for Spurs as he did in a single season.

We had fucking good players all over the pitch, and now you'd be hard pressed to name a handful of good players in the entire squad.

Pulling names out of a hat probably wouldn't have been any worse as a strategy for replacing them all than what we actually did.

I can hardly believe that we gave GLC a contract after we'd had a good look at him on loan, and Ndombele had a bad reputation as a stroppy cunt.

Poor work THFC.
To be fair, GLC actually looked a good player when we had him on loan - in fact you might go as far as to say he was one of our best players in that period. God knows what happened - did he just have a particularly lucky few months in terms of form, did he stop caring once he was permanent, did the injuries kill him, god only knows what happened. But I don't think it was a poor signing based on the info we had at that time - it just turned out later to be a total disaster. :(

Jan 24
Lewes boss Tony Russell said today: “We have got an offer on the table from a Premier League club.

"He hasn't agreed anything yet, he is still a Lewes player.

"But we are quite far down the line. We will know more in the next 24 hours."
So it is 8 tickets to Guns and Roses from us , they are countering with 2 tickets. Whatever happens we know the goalposts will genuinely be moved for this one, unless Axl Rose plans to swing from the cross bar whilst singing Sweet child of mine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom