Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder how many of this B team are thinking they’ll outlast Nuno like they did Jose (and some of them Poch).

Time to make an example of a few by shifting them on - Dele and Winks are living on past memories - no coach is reviving them.

I have some sympathy for Jose, and he’s a hard man to sympathise with.
I think Nuno is just laying the groundwork to get rid of them.

I wonder how many of this B team are thinking they’ll outlast Nuno like they did Jose (and some of them Poch).

Time to make an example of a few by shifting them on - Dele and Winks are living on past memories - no coach is reviving them.

I have some sympathy for Jose, and he’s a hard man to sympathise with.
They know Levy will always sack the manager before moving them on because the former is always the cheaper option.

Listen you fucking cunt, cut that fucking shite out you arsehole.

I don't give two fucks what colour anyone is you wanker.
Very nicely put. Still doesnt make sense how you think Winks has so many good games and Ndombele always has crap ones and Doherty has good games and Aurier always had bad ones. Maybe you are just a bad judge of players and football. I take my suspicions back.

Even with support I am not sure it would change much. Like 99.9% of players his age he is not ready for this level and there is nothing wrong with that.

It isn't his fault or a problem that he is not ready for this, it is 100% on the club having us have to rely on him even with a fully healthy attack.

He's not ready and it's ridiculous he's out there at all, but he's surrounded by senior players signed for big fees who should be trying to do what they can to help him in games. Instead he's just stranded up top, it's hard to watch.

But yes, us relying on him is utter stupidity.

Exactly,

We are heavily relying on Kane and Son, our squad is absolutely fucking pitiful. Even the likes of Everton have better depth than us. You have to point the blame at both Levy and the scouting policy which has brought in so much dross its unreal.

I'm probably in a minority but Gil for me is so ridiculously light weight, he is never going to cut it in the PL.
Bergwijn and Lo Celso maybe have 6 quality performances between the pair of them.

There is just no recruitment plan or squad balance at all, it's all just throwing cheap darts at a board and hoping one of them turns out to be quality.

I said the same about Gil when some were going a bit over the top after his debut. He clearly has talent, but it will take him a couple of years to adjust to our gamr. He's not one for now, at least not in an ideal world. Same for Scarlett. He's clearly no young Michael Owen but it's not his fault he's starting these sort of games. He should be playing League One football to get a bit more experience. I feel the Championship would be too much for him right now even.

It's why I get so wound up in the Harry Kane thread at times. We should all be worshipping him and Son, for their ability, as without them we're struggling to match Crystal Palace.

I don't understand why people buy into the Sky nonsense that only the PL and CL "matter".

What bothers me in that if we made it back into the CL, the obvious suspects would half-arse it against Young Boys or whoever and likely cost us the chance to advance to the knockouts.

Why doesn't Nuno fucking DO SOMETHING??? Half the team plays like a disinterested bunch of wankers and he does..... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! I thought he was supposed to be tactical genius????
Someone should have told him that at Spurs we like to see some passion and at least AN ATTEMPT TO WIN THE FUCKING GAME!!!!! It's like watching an even more boring version of the Walking Dead...

As much as I like Nuno as a person, it must be said that this defeat is entirely his fault. Very bad decision not to take a few match winners on the plane. Even I can see that.
Disagree we shouldn't have to turn to the likes of Son and Kane to beat this shite, the players he put out tonight are on huge money and should be able to dispatch what is a mid table championship side at best.

Very nicely put. Still doesnt make sense how you think Winks has so many good games and Ndombele always has crap ones and Doherty has good games and Aurier always had bad ones. Maybe you are just a bad judge of players and football. I take my suspicions back.
Fuck your suspicions. Stick them up your fucking arse sideways.

My opinions are solely about football and just because I don't pile on when others are getting fucking stuck in to the latest whipping boys doesn't make me a fucking racist. I was a big defender of Trippier too and he's still twice the player Serge ever will be and it's nothing to do with colour.

You've been on ignore for a while and will stay that way, put me on your list so I don't have to read your fucking poisonous shite in future. Keep your opinions about me to your fucking idiotic self.

To be fair there are few here who've hated Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Ndombele with all they have but somehow they cant get themselves to slate dier, winks, doherty and davies who have been equally bad or worse in doherty and winks cases. Maybe its a coincidence.

Well then name names and call it out; sick of this bullshit where people keep schtum and then just tar everyone with he same brush when it suits their agenda.

Even with support I am not sure it would change much. Like 99.9% of players his age he is not ready for this level and there is nothing wrong with that.

It isn't his fault or a problem that he is not ready for this, it is 100% on the club having us have to rely on him even with a fully healthy attack.

This is spot on. If we had even brought it someone like Daryl Dike, he'd be physically bossing this type of tournament.

And that's just an easy example we could have afforded. There's probably much better players we could have brought in. The idea that a 17-year old would be ok is nuts.

How can any of our 'fans' want us out of this competition? Should we fuck it off and put everything into finishing 5th or 6th instead? We are the biggest club in this competition ffs so we should be doing our bollocks to win it. Attitude of some of our fans is as shite as the sulking seniors out there on the pitch tonight
Conference cup in with a chance of winning or champions league making up numbers.

For some time we have been paying over the odds for average players.
This not Nunos fault

You can train people with the right attitude
But you can't train people to HAVE attitude
Wish I could +10 agrees for this. I think Madrid said something similar about always rolling over and being on the wrong end of jokes. Totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom