Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that we can still loan to EFL clubs for the next few days.
White 100 % gets a loan and hopefully many more from the academy.

Despite the claims that ENIC are only in it for the short term there is a very clear long term plan now coming into focus .... just how good could this under 25 (+Gollini 26) line up become?

GK - Gollini 26

CB's - Romero 23 - Sanchez 25 - Rodon 23 - Tanganga 22

FB's - Regulion 24 - Emerson 22

DM - Skipp 20 - Winks 25

CM - Ndombele 24 - LoCelso 25 -

AM - Dele 25 - Sessegnon 21

Wing - Gil 20 - Bergwijn 23 - Clarke 20

Striker - Scarlett 17
This is all true and good, and a piece you're missing is that bar I believe Clarke, Hugo Lloris is the only player in the squad with a contract ending before 2024, as well as being the only over-30 player remaining in the squad.

So it's very much a year of retrenchment and taking a breath and seeing what we have.

While totally surrendering all three cups for reasons more ideological than financial (a loan striker would have cost nothing), knowing we have no chance in the league, and charging the highest ticket prices in the world. Biding our time and keeping our powder dry so we can later strike in the market to make a run at fourth place, allowing even higher priced tickets to be sold for Champions League group stage and Round of 16 games against glamorous opposition.

There are a lot of similarities between a plan to win things and a plan to cynically maximize profit while having no competitive ambition whatsoever. Both require a sensible and clear-headed player recruitment strategy to be sustainable.

Still not quite sure what the point of Cameron Carter Vickers is/was!
We don't seem to trust him with a run in the first team... yet seem reluctant to let him go...
Loan mover after loan move... the guy will be 30 by the time we give him a proper chance!
Maybe he's just a sweet, lovely guy we didn't want to see leave us.... but not quite good enough to allow to play for us!

If he ends up at Celtic, I hope it's a move he thrives on....
He has earned THFC at least £5 mill in loan fees.
To many on TFC that is nothing.

I reckon the Aurier mutual termination is a final effort from the club to get something out of Ndombele.
Sissoko gone...Aurier gone...they were Tanguy's mates and I'm not sure they were the best influence on him. Particularly Serge.
With them gone and that clique broken up maybe Tanguy can sit up, think for himself and look in the mirror.
Theres talent for all to see in Ndombele, we just need to somehow extricate that. There must be a semblance of work ethic in him somewhere...
That’s if serge leaves London

This is all true and good, and a piece you're missing is that bar I believe Clarke, Hugo Lloris is the only player in the squad with a contract ending before 2024, as well as being the only over-30 player remaining in the squad.

So it's very much a year of retrenchment and taking a breath and seeing what we have.

While totally surrendering all three cups for reasons more ideological than financial (a loan striker would have cost nothing), knowing we have no chance in the league, and charging the highest ticket prices in the world. Biding our time and keeping our powder dry so we can later strike in the market to make a run at fourth place, allowing even higher priced tickets to be sold for Champions League group stage and Round of 16 games against glamorous opposition.

There are a lot of similarities between a plan to win things and a plan to cynically maximize profit while having no competitive ambition whatsoever. Both require a sensible and clear-headed player recruitment strategy to be sustainable.
How to turn a positive into a negative .....

Arguably the strongest under 25 lineup we've ever had and you moan about it .... just wow

Just a reminder that we can still loan to EFL clubs for the next few days.
White 100 % gets a loan and hopefully many more from the academy.
Definitely loan out Clarke as well , still needs to do more for me when he plays.
Don't think we will loan a lot because of the cup they played in tonight and the UCL also

7-7.5 out of 10

Kept Kane, extended Sonny, didn’t buy Adama, have what looks like a solid successor to Lloris in place, shifted some older deadwood, bought in some exciting young pieces, and lowered the age of the squad.

Nice start for Paratici.

This has pissed me right off.

First of all we made a bid that was never going to get accepted. Too little and too late. Think Skriniar

2nd of all if we had £30m to spend where was the plan b or plan c which would've massively helped our team.
This was a buyer's market and Paratici in this case cocked it up.

Thuram or Leao for example, who can both play as AM's and strikers (and thus could have covered multiple positions and fulfilled that notorious "back up striker" remit)

Apparently we were pursuing Traore because Nuno and Paratici liked him.

I mean, by all means cunt Levy off for hiring Paratici, but lets not absolve Paratici of the cunting he's due. Where's the fun in that?

I don't think we've done too badly :

Kane still at the club (which is a miracle). Son tied down to a long contract

Aurier gone (good riddance). Sissoko and Lamela needed to go too.

New back up keeper , couple of potentially good defenders , couple of promising young players.

I do think Traore was close but Wolves couldn't get anyone in to replace.

I'd prefer a creative midfielder but we are not Chelsea etc and can't buy whoever we want. Nervous about West Ham as Moyes is doing a job there. Overall I think we did better than most this window.

It's going to be a really competitive league this year and we've made a great start so cheer up.

Lol not even close.

It is definitely a core around which a winner could be built though, on that we agree. If only that were the business model.

Honestly? I look at that line up and can't think of a time we even came close .... will have a trawl through previous years but in my admittedly long memory all I can remember is one or two top draw youngsters and a bunch of mediocre sidekicks ....

Not that long ago the academy couldn't have even handled the volume of top players it does now, that's what 80m spent on training facilities gets you, you may be right and there was another golden era - if so can you name the 17 comparable under 25's from the year you are thinking about, or just the year and I'll take a look.

Thuram or Leao for example, who can both play as AM's and strikers (and thus could have covered multiple positions and fulfilled that notorious "back up striker" remit)

Apparently we were pursuing Traore because Nuno and Paratici liked him.

I mean, by all means cunt Levy off for hiring Paratici, but lets not absolve Paratici of the cunting he's due. Where's the fun in that?

C'mon Blakey... You know how it goes.... "Something something Levy stooge"... [Insert tears and paranoia] :harrysmile:

if we do have 50m to spend on adama we really should be picking up a quality playmaker for that money instead. we have 2 in gio and ndombele but neither have his the standards we thought we would get for the money we paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom