Tottenham Vs Watford - Sun Aug 29th - 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The number of people who leave at the 40th minute mark for half time food and drink is ridiculous.

Why spend so much on a ticket and then miss part of the game?

I'm still smiling like the Cheshire cat, nothing beats a win, especially considering the impact on the table!
I think Nuno has worked a small miracle, tbh. He took over a disjointed, dispirited bunch of individuals, questionable fitness, with the talisman wanting away, and made them into something that resembles an efficient unit, that work for each other.
The advantage of sitting where I do (near the touchline), is that I can actually see the effort they are putting in.
Yes, we definitely need a creative midfielder, especially against the 'park the bus' teams, and unless we buy someone PDQ, then let Gio or Bryan have a go, or even Kane? We need to be a bit more flexible and adapt quickly, depending on the circumstances.
Again, found it difficult to pick out a MOTM, as it was a good team performance all around. If pushed, will plump for PEH, but I have been impressed with the defensive partnership that is developing with Davy and Eric.
Glad that Moussa and Danny got a great reception, and hope that the penny has dropped for Harry that he will not get the love he got today anywhere else.
In conclusion, think we were worth our win and worth our place in the table. What's not to like?

Only 1 goal in open play from 3 games

Definitely need to try and improve on that
Totally agree, but this also makes me very excited.

With Son & Kane, scoring goals will never be a problem. Nuno’s #1 problem coming here was suring up the defence. We haven’t started the best defender in Serie A yet in 3 games and still haven’t conceded in 3 games.

The process has started. The attack will come.

Last edited:
I'm still smiling like the Cheshire cat, nothing beats a win, especially considering the impact on the table!
I think Nuno has worked a small miracle, tbh. He took over a disjointed, dispirited bunch of individuals, questionable fitness, with the talisman wanting away, and made them into something that resembles an efficient unit, that work for each other.
The advantage of sitting where I do (near the touchline), is that I can actually see the effort they are putting in.
Yes, we definitely need a creative midfielder, especially against the 'park the bus' teams, and unless we buy someone PDQ, then let Gio or Bryan have a go, or even Kane? We need to be a bit more flexible and adapt quickly, depending on the circumstances.
Again, found it difficult to pick out a MOTM, as it was a good team performance all around. If pushed, will plump for PEH, but I have been impressed with the defensive partnership that is developing with Davy and Eric.
Glad that Moussa and Danny got a great reception, and hope that the penny has dropped for Harry that he will not get the love he got today anywhere else.
In conclusion, think we were worth our win and worth our place in the table. What's not to like?
I wish there was a “love” reaction.

Great post. Agree PEH and in fact all points made.
But who is this PDQ? :rolleyes:
ITK?

It's all well and good winning these last 3 games, but all 3 were close.

We need to mentality prepare for when we don't the odd goal.
This makes absolutely no sense.

Is a win not a win unless you win by three?

Yes all games were close and so it's good that we were strong enough to see all three games out. One of which was against the champions by the way.

I am enjoying the trust being given to peh, he has a pass in him, skipp is looking better every day and dele is definitely prepared to run for the cause. I know lots of people want more creativity, but personally i am happy to let dele peh skipp bryan and winks look to find the solution. I think there are plenty of assists in them when we play the right system

Back
Top Bottom