New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Updated plans totalling about one thousand new homes so as to be compatable with the Haringey Council/Lendlease plans.

Spurs have already facilitated the building of some 400 new homes at Brook House, 500 White Hart Lane and Berland Court plus other public fcilitires such as Brook House Primary School

Last edited:

Updated plans totalling about one thousand new homes so as to be compatable with the Haringey Council/Lendlease plans.
This is why ENIC will not sell the club. This is where they are making money, not from the club but property transactions in associated ENIC companies.
Please correct me if I am wrong but these properties are not held by the club or else the profits would accrue to the club and yet I expect the profits to go straight to ENIC.

This is why ENIC will not sell the club. This is where they are making money, not from the club but property transactions in associated ENIC companies.
Please correct me if I am wrong but these properties are not held by the club or else the profits would accrue to the club and yet I expect the profits to go straight to ENIC.

Better if ENIC make money out of property rather than taking money out of the club - unlike a number of other owners ENIC have not taken money out of Spurs by way of dividends or loans at exhorbitent rates of interest (as Glazers do at ManU) or other means (nothing showing up in the Spurs accounts suggest ENIC take anything out of the club).

I'm not sure whether ENIC have made much money out of Brook House (the largest property project completed so far at 222 flats) given that this was 100% affordable housing. In the accounts for Spurs there was a small profit on property (maybe £15m ? recorded some years ago which Swiss Ramble picked up in one of his reviews) and precise reasons for that profit were no clear, but clear some of the profits had flowed back to Spurs

Whether ENIC make money out of the Goods Yard and other projects has yet to be seen. And if the property development is not funded by the club but by ENIC its not unreasonable ENIC gets the lions share of the profits surely ?

It wouldn't surprise me though if some profits on property (eg next to south stand) are used to pay down some of the bonds in years to come : but nothing is clear on that.

Aside from profit, one thing most people agree on is that Tottenham needs redevelopment.

I think we should take a certain amount of pride in Spurs having built some 400 flats at Brook House, 500 WHL and Berland Court as its more than Haringey Council have achieved in that part pf Tottenham - and that the flats seem to have been built to a good standard such that there seem to have been minimal complaints about the completed buildings by incoming residents, unlike (sadly) quite a few new homes as reported by a range of press. And the flats come with a range of public space and community required buildings (eg primary school).

Last edited:

BTW, whilst Spurs announced back in about 2012 the sale of some land in Tottenham to ENIC so as to allow Spurs to focus its finances etc upon the building of the new stadium, some land was left in various of the circa 6 or 8 sibsidiary companies of Tottenham Hotspur Limited.

As an example Canvax Lmited, one of the property owning companires which is a subsidiary of Tottenham Hotspur Limited, is described in the s 106 agreement for the 'The Goods Yard' (see page 2 on the link below) as one of 3 owners of the freehold of The Goods Yard'

And you will note that the accounts of Canvax Limited show it owns freehold assets totalling £7.1m, the majority of which was bought in 2016, and a big part of the cost I understand to be the cost of acquiring The Goods Yard.

I think this example shows the the club, via its wholly owned sbsidiaries do own some of the property being developed in Tottenham, whilst other property is owned by ENIC as you say. But its not clear without a good deal of research which Spurs own and which ENIC own.

The club has nothing to do with these deals accept by name association ... the football club is an entirely stand alone entity.

I was asked by a friend how scary the Skywalk was, as he was a bit scared of heights. He said something on the lines was it safe/well organised, as the football side of things doesn't exactly inspire confidence. That's the thing with the current owners - everything non-football related is spot on and of the highest quality, whereas the football stuff is a shambles.

Back
Top Bottom