Tottenham vs City - EFL Cup Final - Ref Fucks Up

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0.04 xG in a final

can't believe it idris elba GIF

There's the filling in the shit sandwich that is this season.

Fucked again by the comedy twosome of Aurier and Sissoko. An absolute Aurier classic with a pointless foul around the box and Sissoko flat footed when the cross comes in.

Overall another flat performance in a big game.. we really have fallen a long way in the last few years it's so depressing. City are a very good side but we didn't find a way to trouble them AT ALL.

I don't get this Laporte logic. Okay, he should have been booked for the first cynical foul. But do people realise if he was, he wouldn't have committed the second cynical foul. Or was there another foul I'm missing after he was booked because I don't recall one?
And the other thing Reguilon by same logic should have 2 yellow cards before Laporte should have got his second, and in that scenario we would have probably sacrificed Moura and Laporte therefore wouldn't have committed foul on him anyway.

It is also very big assumption that if either had got the first yellow, they would have committed the second offence anyway.

To me it is looking for a scapegoat/excuse whereas in reality we were just outclassed by a much better team than us, and didn't really give it a go, which was the most disappointing thing about it. Would have preferred losing 3-0 going for it, than 1-0 lamely

Under peak Poch no team in the league did it more than us, 2nd was City, 3rd Liverpool.

If you foul someone, you give away a foul. Why is this cheating?
Because by fouling someone you’re going against the rules of the game hence getting a free kick which is supposed to be a punishment and a deterrent

So it is cheating

By getting a free kick you don’t necessarily regain the advantage as Pep’s teams well know

Whenever a team breaks against them they foul the player doing it to stop them getting an advantage

They cheat in other words

But Pep is clever so they rotate who is committing the fouls to reduce the risk of getting any cards

Sometimes this doesn’t work and they risk a player getting sent off as La Porte should have done today and would have had the referee been doing his job
He wasn’t and had a shocker

So cheating pays off and is another aspect of modern day football which is ruining the game

You hear commentators condoning it as you are now trying to do

They say things like “oh he took one for the team “ or “it was a good foul to make “ or “he knew what he was doing “ etc etc etc

In other words ‘cheating’!!!

I really didn’t think that I’d have to explain something like this to you but it seems that I do

So you enjoy the way the modern game is going and I suppose you enjoyed what City did today

Shame!

Simply can not wait for this season to end. I want Woolwich out of EL then I'm done.

Thought we'd lose today but thought we'd go down fighting. Utterly toothless. Annoying thing was 0-0 on 80mins gave false hope of a snatch and grab. Simply never turned up - again!

But he wasn't.
That's down to the ref not doing his job properly. Everyone in the media wanks themselves silly over pep and Manchester oil barons but every match they use tactical fouling to stop the opposition if the refs were any good they'd book every challenge. This cunt didnt. Dont get me wrong we were shite today but I cant give any plaudits to a team built on dodgy oil money that should be winning everything. I'd like to see pep do what he does without buying his way to tainted glory

There's the filling in the shit sandwich that is this season.

Fucked again by the comedy twosome of Aurier and Sissoko. An absolute Aurier classic with a pointless foul around the box and Sissoko flat footed when the cross comes in.

Overall another flat performance in a big game.. we really have fallen a long way in the last few years it's so depressing. City are a very good side but we didn't find a way to trouble them AT ALL.
Only cure for it is more bread...

ESL

:levystare:

Simply can not wait for this season to end. I want Woolwich out of EL then I'm done.

Thought we'd lose today but thought we'd go down fighting. Utterly toothless. Annoying thing was 0-0 on 80mins gave false hope of a snatch and grab. Simply never turned up - again!
You just know they are going to win the EL. Hit the final against Man Utd. Pogba, Cavani and Fernandes will turn into the three stooges and A-boomerang will get a freakish tap in off Lindelof's buttocks.

You just know they are going to win the EL. Hit the final against Man Utd. Pogba, Cavani and Fernandes will turn into the three stooges and A-boomerang will get a freakish tap in off Lindelof's buttocks.
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Arteta has been hopeless yet could end winning two trophies in as many years. Would be the fucking crowning glory to a horrendous season

Outplayed and outclassed by a far superior team on the day but we made so easy for them by being so passive. The mindset should be go all out for the win its a final ffs not trying to soak up the pressure and hope for a lucky break.

Back
Top Bottom