Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v WBA : Sunday 12:00pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although I thought Sanchez played better than some people, I think our first choice pairing should be Toby-Rodon. Toby has the passing ability we need from the CB, and Rodon is athletic and can play on the left - also very assured on the ball.

I don't think our RB/LB is a disaster either, just average.

If we can protect/shield our average defense with our above average to excellent midfield and attackers, we may just have something.
I still want to see Japhet given a long run at CB, I think he could be a really good CB.

Although I thought Sanchez played better than some people, I think our first choice pairing should be Toby-Rodon. Toby has the passing ability we need from the CB, and Rodon is athletic and can play on the left - also very assured on the ball.

I don't think our RB/LB is a disaster either, just average.

If we can protect/shield our average defense with our above average to excellent midfield and attackers, we may just have something.
toby has to be in there, and rodon is probably in by default as his competition is sanchez and dier

Some of them did actually say they wanted us to lose so Jose would get the push

1fg8s9.jpg

6 Conclusions;

1, Even though Kane was a little ring rusty, look at the difference he makes to the way we move forward and the options we inevitably have up front. I would rather rely on a world class forward, than not have a world class forward to rely on! Do Barca rely on \Messi? Did real rely on peak Ronaldo? Well Kane is our equivelant...and long may that continue! :)

2, This result doesn't answer all of the questions or concerns, but it does answer a few....like how much we are affected when we miss a few key players...and how much better we play when when have some of them back in the team...it's not rocket science.

3, Jose is not perfect, but he knows how to win things and he deserves our respect...if for no other reason, he should be respected because he is our manager, period. I for one can see that he still needs to finish the job he started, meaning we still need some players brought in who will execute his instructions perfectly and we still need to adapt to his methods (which I have no real problem with btw)...right now, he (and we) are making do with what we have, so there will be 'bumps in the road'.

4, This season isn't over by a long shot, except the title obvs, so let's get behind the team and accept that we'll suffer sometimes...generally, I'm still happy to have Jose as our manager and I won't even consider sacking him until he has proven himself a failure at our club....and that simply hasn't happened yet! Today showed that the players are behind him (never in doubt) and having good/great players on the pitch makes a huge difference...to ANY team.

5, To all the snowflakes out there, you are entitled to your opinions of course...this is what forums are for after all, but I also have a right to an opinion...and my opinion is that you all SUCK and that it's our duty as fans to support the club through thick and thin...and not to call for the manager's head every time we lose a game! (you should feel ashamed of yourselves)

6, We are SPURS and we should never abandon any part of our club...never! Especially when we're going through a bad run....if all it takes is a few bad results to throw you over the edge and start calling for the managers head, then you need to look yourselves long and hard...do you support the club? Do you support the manager? Or is is just a few players you like/hate? I support the club, from top to bottom....not blindly of course, I have some reservations like most fans, but my in-built support of this great club never wavers....NEVER!

COYS!
Some perfectly valid points but it is very clear there are issues with something. Whether that is the manager, the coaching staff, the players, the board or a mix of all four is what is up for debate.

We do have good players and we've got a manager who we know is capable of winning things - and has in the relatively recent past with a Manchester United team who were arguably poorer than we are, man for man.

The fans aren't stupid though and realistically we never really thought we had a genuine chance of winning the league so let's leave that where it deserves to be dumped. In the stupid box.

What we do expect is to be entertained, at least some of the time, like we generally have been in recent years. We've regularly swept sides away on a fairly regularly basis over the last few years and it isn't such a huge demand to hope that in games against relegation fodder and the like we will command games and come away with comfortable 2/3-0 victories.

I don't think under the current regime that will ever materialise, especially with the current squad, with any regularity.

I think most people would accept a trade off of being bitty and hard to beat against the 'big guns' if we attempted to steamroll most other sides as we should be capable of doing on occasions.

We'll never know for sure but it's a reasonable estimate to suggest if we hadn't clammed up in games against Palace, Wolves and Fulham we'd probably have went on to win all three. That has to be on Mourinho mostly but the players aren't blameless either. Three errors against Liverpool were not his doing. Two errors against Leicester were not his doing. Dier against Chelsea wasn't his fault.

God, it seems like I'm defending Mourinho a bit here but I'm not. Like I've said we'd maybe accept eye bleeding stuff to get results against Liverpool etc but it's inexcusable against most of the rest.

He needs to realise this, play outwards against most and we have the tools to take the points and he can park as many buses as he likes against teams that will kill you otherwise. If he does he'll be a legend at this club, probably. If he doesn't, I'll drive the taxi myself.

Some of them did actually say they wanted us to lose so Jose would get the push

If you told me that Jose would definitely have been fired if we lost that game then I would have gladly lost because I think we finish higher at the end of the season with a new manager and loss today than with Jose and the 3 points.

But there was little to no chance that Levy would have sacked him even if we did lose so anyone hoping for the loss for a Jose sacking were likely going to be doubly disappointed.

I'm sure it will but it will continue to be a laughing stock and a playground for other fans.. The Spurs version of AFTV

Do you think if you keep repeating this nonsense somehow it will become true?

I understand you trying to include AFTV even though it has no relevance at all but it really doesn't make your ridiculous stance any more true at all.

We won a game we were SUPPOSED to win (on paper)
Liverpool didn't, they DREW against them.

I'd say, like for like opposition, that's job done for today.

We go on to the next one.

Yesterday, Everton drew a game they were probably supposed to lose (and almost did)

.... so let's see how Wednesday plays out!

Do you think if you keep repeating this nonsense somehow it will become true?

I understand you trying to include AFTV even though it has no relevance at all but it really doesn't make your ridiculous stance any more true at all.
Ah poke the devil and he will respond..

You are everything that is wrong with this place and the modern day spurs fan..

Embarrassing doesn't even cover your contribution.

what on earth are you waffling on about???? I didn't bring up wolves...you initially did and used it as an example of us creating chances. I said we didn't create much in that game.

my initial post was that lately we haven't created enough chances (prior to today). Against Chelsea did we create enough? no
Against Brighton did we create enough? no
Against Liverpool did we creat enough? no
Ok so Brighton, Chelsea and Liverpool I’ve never argued we created enough.
I said Brighton was the worst I’ve ever seen us play. Probably ever.

When we first took this up the other week, we hadn’t even played Chelsea and Brighton.

You have denied that we create enough chances to win games.
I’ve pointed out to you that since the slump began, we have created enough chances to beat Palace, Liverpool away, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Leeds, and Fulham.

Some people said Leeds was some kind of totally different approach. It wasn’t.
Some people think today was a totally different approach.
It wasn’t.
Ditto Sheff Utd.

Son missed good chances, as did Kane, Bergwijn and Reguilon against Liverpool away, Palace, Fulham and Wolves.
Coupled with the three wins that’s 7 of the last 11 games we have created enough good chances and should have put the games to bed.

The games we didn’t do nearly enough were Leicester, Brighton, Chelsea and Liverpool home.

But to you, that’s the norm, not creating, even though it’s less games it happened in.
I’ve told you 100 times that tactics and creating chances are not determined by how well or poor someone shoots in a one on one.

Kane hit the bar and put a shot wide, if he misses his goal too and Son shoots wide, it stays 0-0, you’re here talking about how we parked the bus REGARDLESS of the chances created.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom