Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah Gio, was struggling on the wing and we needed a natural wide player there.

Lucas is just not very good though. I don’t even think he’s as good as Aaron Lennon.
You are doing Azza a massive disservice there.

He is twice the player of Lucas, he was threatening when he went forward but put a serious defensive shift in too.

Lucas didn't do either. Aurier was so good today because he had no help from the RM. In the first half it was Sissoko and the second Lucas.

I would have liked to see Lucas play up so that he could run onto long balls. That would have given us an out ball.

My concern is we have those cunts Leicester next and they absolutely hate us, then we have a tricky game against Wolves after.

Also, Liverpool play before us next so could be 6 points ahead of us before our game against Leicester.

I just worry they might pull away.

Way too early for any of that. Just focus on our own games. Jose won't allow anything else

I didn't mean he was poor in that game I meant when he's poor (or even worse injured) in the future. Liverpool has a much deeper bench it showed tonight. A lot of injured players yet it didn't impact the quality of their football. Ive been impressed with Ruben Aguilar of late!

We also need another Ndombele and Dier has to go
Dier who is part of the best defence in the league? Dier who hasn’t put a foot wrong all season? Go to bed and post on here once you’ve stopped being angry

Bergwijn was actually having a good game, except that finish. He's very composed with the ball, you could see what happened when mr chaos Lucas came on, terrible control and it all started to look much worse. We could use an upgrade on Sissoko anyway, how did he kick the ball into his arm once is beyond my imagination of being technically crap. Proper box to box who can find a pass and shoot from distance and we're flying.

I know Berg will get a lot of stick for hitting the post but Lucas' cameo shows why Bergwijn is a first teamer.

Unlike Lucas he has an engine and tracks effectively which is something Jose expects from that position.

He can hold the ball and find a teammate which whilst not being a spectacular feat, has been incredibly useful when those teammates are Kane and Son. Lucas on the other hand seemed to struggle with simple 10 yard passes.

Berg also has better off the ball movement which is why he gets those chances in the first place. On another day that hits the inside of the post and we go 2-1 up.

Despite some of the crying maniacs in here there is no way Berg gets permanently dropped. Lucas and Bale can't provide what Jose expects. Anyone thinking Bale can play that role in these away games is living in fantasy land. He'd be blowing after 10 minutes.

The only one that can threaten Bergs place is Lamela but he can't keep fit. So time for you melters to accept that Bergwijn will remain a first teamer and that he has turned out to be a useful foil for Son and Kane.

Those calling for him to be sold for hitting the post are buffoons.

I'm not angry at Mourinho or the players tonight. It was a tough, hard-fought contest. I'll be angry if they forget what they've achieved on this run and start dropping points in the next "easier" run of fixtures.

It's a shame that he can't get and stay healthy, but a game ready Lamela comes on before Lucas and we maybe had a different game. For all his faults, I cannot see how either Bergwijn or Lucas offers more than him if he were healthy.

It’s so gutting. we were so close to holding out. But one poorly defended corner turned what would have been a very decent result (a draw) into a massive advantage tilting the title towards them.

Maybe blaming Jose was a bit premature from me , after all it’s down to him we are even thinking about winning the league, I just think we could have tested them more today , so frustrating as I hate that kloppety cunt! We was so close to winning today, they really are our bogie team at Anfield !
We did test them! Harry & Bergwin both missed absolute sitters. Any of their chances fall to Son and we win 4-2 and having a laugh.

Back
Top Bottom