The Return of Fans to Stadiums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you attend matches at 10-25% capacity

• Yes - COYS!

Votes: 116 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I'd rather go to another Take That reunion

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
LOTS of people online fuming that a large amount of vloggers, influencers etc have gotten tickets. While I agree it isn't fair, I do believe the club are very smart doing so.

Having people attend that will publish a very positive C-19 matchday experience to thousands of followers will do the club more good in a push to get more in.

So the idea of the ballot was bullshit then?

Last edited:
I guess it’s to stop people travelling in form all over the country ?

I guess, but then why doesn't every club have that rule imposed upon them at Government level.....

It's also why the non-league end of things concerns me..... They could very well get more people turning up than usual inc. neutrals from further afield just looking for some covid 'legal' footy entertainment.... Canvey 'stadium' (eg) will be allowed 2000 based on it's 41000 capacity; should they get that, knowing the ground as I do, that'd spell virtually zero SD.

I guess, but then why doesn't every club have that rule imposed upon them at Government level.....

It's also why the non-league end of things concerns me..... They could very well get more people turning up than usual inc. neutrals from further afield just looking for some covid 'legal' footy entertainment.... Canvey 'stadium' (eg) will be allowed 2000 based on it's 41000 capacity; should they get that, knowing the ground as I do, that'd spell virtually zero SD.
You speak almost as though they are making all this up as they go along...?
:sonhmm:

So the idea of the ballot was bullshit then?

“We shall be applying a proportionate allocation of tickets between Season Ticket Holders (including those on our Access scheme), Premium and other stakeholders, such as partners and affiliates.”

Wonder how they class vloggers? Other stakeholder?

If we start seeing Chris cowlin at every game we have an answer anyway.

You speak almost as though they are making all this up as they go along...?
:sonhmm:

Each club/stadium/local area will have it's own unique blend of a challenges.... The idea of a one-size fits all set of regulations is flawed.

I have to say the fans in the stadium did us proud yesterday.
Much better than the canned noise we get from sky pre fans being allowed back in.

2000 made a great noise and you can tell the players appreciated it at the end when they went over.

Hugely disappointed when watching the vox-pops on TV before the game yesterday. They interviewed a man & woman who had tickets. The bloke actually said he was excited, because it was "MY FIRST TIME AT THE NEW STADIUM".

I was well pissed off. It really doesn't seem right that they were prioritised, for some corporate or financial good fortune, over TRUE FANS who have been paying through the nose and turning up faithfully for years.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the guys from The Extra Inch, The Fighting Cock, The Cheeseroom or Last Word on Spurs getting the VIP treatment. They loyaly report on these games week in week out. It'd be great to hear them chat about it from experience.

I thought we sounded great for a crowd of 2000 (over my cans at least). Hearing 'Come on you Spurs' again for real gave me a buzz. Wonder when some anthems for Jose, Hojbjerg and Reggie are going to enter the song book.

I enjoyed hearing, "Down with Fulham. Yer going down with Fulham", after the game. Don't think they have that one on the canned feed.

“We shall be applying a proportionate allocation of tickets between Season Ticket Holders (including those on our Access scheme), Premium and other stakeholders, such as partners and affiliates.”

Wonder how they class vloggers? Other stakeholder?

If we start seeing Chris cowlin at every game we have an answer anyway.
Tbf Chris is a premium member so he has a much better chance of getting a ticket I suppose.

Really hope I can get a stream for tonight that doesn't have the piped crowd noise bollocks.

It was my only regret watching the NLD, I'd far rather hear 2000 yids carrying on rather than the football equivalent of lift musak

Last edited:
London into tier 3 from Wednesday so I suppose that’s the end of it for now. Only two matches with fans at the lane until at least January then.

hate to hear about Tier 3 designation. They could easy spread even 10k out in that stadium and have plenty of distancing to watch safely.
...yes but the transport to & from the game? Even 2,000 fans may create crowded platforms & trains.

What was the travel experience of fans who attended the home game? Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom