Man Utd Vs Tottenham, Sunday 4th Oct - 4.30pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its the fact that Souness claimed ‘us’ Brits are above that type of behaviour that was galling. Arrogant git obviously ain’t seen some of Englands best recent players (Rooney, Gerard etc) go down like they’ve been shot just to get an advantage. Let’s blame the foreigners instead. Idiot
but this is the issue, when you fight fire with fire, everyone gets burned, and in the end there's nothing left to celebrate. Go on you tube and search for games from the 70's when the teams were almost exclusively Brits.

You will see tackles that nowadays would have players on attempted murder charges by todays standards. If refs sent play actors off for cheating - instead of calling it simulation, then maybe things would be less repulsive to watch.

Oh grow up.
Maradona paraded that mindset when he came clean about the "hand of god" shit in the WC. He boasted that in Latin America the ethos of pulling one over on the ref was a way of life. Argentina in 66 , Beckham triggering the sniper on the roof in France when Simeone went down under an assault that wouldnt have dropped a toddler.
Falling back on the shitbags defence of racism is as weak as lauding Lamela collapsing to the ground as if hed been bricked, when he had dished out more to Martial than he got in return.

Is this what we want from our football team? Really? Go in hard, play the game and take the punishment when you go too far, but to go down like a whiney kid at kindergarten as if punched by Mike Tyson is weak and makes us look shit.

If the ref hasn't sent Martial off then pogba and shaw would have gone.

We were always going to have won that, and a bit of shithousery doesnt go amiss, but that flesh crawling piece of cheating was embarrassing.
Embarrassing as usual

Its the fact that Souness claimed ‘us’ Brits are above that type of behaviour that was galling. Arrogant git obviously ain’t seen some of Englands best recent players (Rooney, Gerard etc) go down like they’ve been shot just to get an advantage. Let’s blame the foreigners instead. Idiot
Don’t waste you breath talking to someone who supported apartheid

Hi fellow Yids,

Forgive me for only lurking for about 3 years, but after yesterday - and the way we've been playing this season in general, I felt the need to finally register, say hi and comment on yesterday's game!

I've suffered through the highs and the lows...and I've been especially gutted since the CL final and the slow demise of Poch (yes, he had to go). I've wanted Levy and the board to do so many things differently over the years, just like we all have at some point...and I've watched as we lost out to better/hungrier/luckier clubs in so many semis, finals and other tight situations.

So now seems like the right time to recognize that we are becoming the team I've dreamt we would become since way back in the 80s...and it's mainly down to the arrival of Jose and what he has done in a remarkably short space of time.

Yesterday demonstrated the mentality Jose has now established at our club, the way we are c*nts when we need to be....tough when it matters...and skillful where other teams are not (seriously, what a team/squad we have!) In short, we are becoming serious contenders and Jose has constructed a team and a winning mentality that Utd simply could not handle yesterday.

No silly predictions just yet...not from me anyway, but folks...let's just sit back and marvel at the team we have now become...we have dared....now its time to do...and that includes all of us! As fans, let's start thinking like a big club and become the winners we deserve to be...we've earned it!

As for Utd...they will stumble along for a while and then jettison OGS...and then probably go for Poch...either way, they are on the opposite spiral to us, they are screwed from top to bottom and need about 6 players to even get to where we are...and their fans have to now accept where their club is at, just like we had to in the past.

I know I sound all emotional, but yesterday felt like a watershed moment to me...I think we have arrived, we are ready to do what it takes...and we're ready to win!

COYS

If you need any info on Ascophyllum Nodosum I'm your man.

The biggest problem with the majority of their fans is they started supporting them because they were dominant side in the league.
Most of them have never known them to be how we were in the 90's and despite the odd season of mediocrity since Fergie left, they can't comprehend the fact all teams at the top eventually have a fall. Especially in this country where there are 5-6 teams in a league in a season that are often pretty decent.

What I'd like to see from Man United, is them to continue to keep spending batshit mental money on unproven stars, pay them "blow them out of the water" wages and continue to be shit.
Because the best thing that could happen to us real football fans, who support our club for the love, not the glory and the assumption of succes, can hope for, is those cunts going belly up and never recovering.

Don’t want to spend too much time discussing Man U or any other team, but here goes. Solakjaer gets a very easy ride, even after yesterday. The media corp stacked with his old teammates blame it on Ed Woodward, the Glazers and players like Pogba. Solskjaer is not up to the job so long may he reign. His managerial CV was getting Cardiff relegated and a few years in the Norwegian league and they give him the full time gig on the back of a run of wins as caretaker manager, largely over relegation candidates. Everton had a good run last season once they put in Duncan Ferguson as caretaker. They didn’t give Big Duncan the job full time though. They went out and got a heavyweight in Ancotti.

Ejls4BOXcAEPqyU

Don’t want to spend too much time discussing Man U or any other team, but here goes. Solakjaer gets a very easy ride, even after yesterday. The media corp stacked with his old teammates blame it on Ed Woodward, the Glazers and players like Pogba. Solskjaer is not up to the job so long may he reign. His managerial CV was getting Cardiff relegated and a few years in the Norwegian league and they give him the full time gig on the back of a run of wins as caretaker manager, largely over relegation candidates. Everton had a good run last season once they put in Duncan Ferguson as caretaker. They didn’t give Big Duncan the job full time though. They went out and got a heavyweight in Ancotti.
I agree. But he could done well if he felt proper backed by the board, and he clearly hasn't. He's merely just a puppet for Woodward and the Glazers, and he doesn't have the stature to go out publicly and criticise them just like Moyes. Both of them looked clueless and uncomfortable in interview situations, even Mourinho did at the end. Pressure is piling up and its all down to the incompetence at the top. That club will never progress if they can't get in a director with visions. Players need confidence, harmony and a project to belive in. Mourinho wanted to boot out Pogba and Shaw. Those players were horrific on Sunday and I got the aha of what Mourinho was thinking. But as you say, I personally hope Ole will get a few decent results to keep him there, because it won't get them any further for a long time. I believe Pochettino will face the same problems as any other managers under Woodward and Glazer, and nothings going to really change before they are looking for midtable results year after year and the owners get enough of it and sell the dross.

Borders? It is

Imagine of he had said it's the African in him about say Aurier

Wouldn't have a job anymore
I'll just give him the benefit of doubt. That's why I stated I'm not going to cry about it but yeah, I was thinking the exactly same thing. Pointed out on an African player Twitter would have exploded and he would be in shame for rest of eternity.

Last edited:
They didn’t give Big Duncan the job full time though. They went out and got a heavyweight in Ancotti.

Duncan act like a real club legend by saying everton deserve a better manager and surrender his position to Top class like Ancelotti, While Ole cares about his payrise more than the club
I agree. But he could done well if he felt proper backed by the board, and he clearly hasn't. He's merely just a puppet for Woodward and the Glazers, and he doesn't have the stature to go out publicly and criticise them just like Moyes. Both of them looked clueless and uncomfortable in interview situations, even Mourinho did at the end. Pressure is piling up and its all down to the incompetence at the top. That club will never progress if they can't get in a director with visions. Players need confidence, harmony and a project to belive in. Mourinho wanted to boot out Pogba and Shaw. Those players were horrific on Sunday and I got the aha of what Mourinho was thinking. But as you say, I personally hope Ole will get a few decent results to keep him there, because it won't get them any further for a long time. I believe Pochettino will face the same problems as any other managers under Woodward and Glazer, and nothings going to really change before they are looking for midtable results year after year and the owners get enough of it and sell the dross.
You can give Ole 1 Billion worth of players and it still won't make any difference and who said he hasn't been backed when he already spend almost 300m in 2 years ? Guy is so bad tactically , every manager in the prem must have found him out already right now, if he got sacked now not even a championship club would be interested in

You can give Ole 1 Billion worth of players and it still won't make any difference and who said he hasn't been backed when he already spend almost 300m in 2 years ? Guy is so bad tactically , every manager in the prem must have found him out already right now, if he got sacked now not even a championship club would be interested in

It is truly unbelievable they've let this Ole thing go on for so long.

Whilst you can argue that the board haven't backed Ole (they spent 214m last year) that's really not the point.

A manger's job be it at a relegation club or a title winning club is to get the best from the squad he's got - to make the sum of the parts better than the parts themselves. Poch lost his job when he could no longer do that despite five years of relative success, same goes for Emery. Klopp is fated because he gets more out of the squad than the players are actually worth, as we hope does Mourinho.

Ole has over a billion pounds worth of players and yet they play like a side worth 50 pence ... that's nothing to do with the board that's all down to good management, or in Ole's case clueless incompetence.

Utd must know they've screwed up, my guess is they will look at Poch but that could also be a mistake, a huge club with huge money needs a manager who can deal with that ... steal Guardiola from City that might work.

LOL

You make so much shit up its funny.

I don't give a shit about what PEH cost, he is not terrible but he is not a great fit to start for us because he is really bad under pressure, a weak passer, not a true DM and not a good fit to sit deep behnd Lo Celso and Ndombele doing the defensive job that allows them the freedom to be offensive. He could have cost a billion pounds and it wouldn't change any of those things.
Everyone looks good in a 6:1 rout vs 10 clown-shoes - real test is when we have to grind out those 1:0 away results against tricky opponents. Is he then a match-winner? I certainly doubt it but much rather have him starting than Winks

Utd must know they've screwed up, my guess is they will look at Poch but that could also be a mistake, a huge club with huge money needs a manager who can deal with that ... steal Guardiola from City that might work.
Poch would have won major silverware if we was backer proper when we need it - at Utd he can finally achieve that

Poch would have won major silverware if we was backer proper when we need it - at Utd he can finally achieve that
Hard to say.

From what I see, from Man U supporting friends point of view, their issue runs deeper, than backing = spending money.

They always spend money alright. However, they don't look at thing from football perspective.

For example, Cavani signing. He was available since January for pre contract. If they want him, they would give themselves a deadline and sign him sooner so he has had more time to condition and get match fit. It feels as if they have a list of target, and just go one at a time, until the final days and get whoever available. Many of which is greedy opportunist who nobody wants.

For Cavani, if you came for him as late as early September, then you would better just give up. That looks like the case with other clubs buying forward this past window. Juventus gave Luis Suarez a pass after his Italian naturalization process got complicated. They don't want to drag things out to final days, risking the deal fall through and get worst leftover in last minute, even nobody. Luis Suarez clearly was a great option, and very high in their target list. It's similar with selling. Timing is important. Generally Man U overpays then selling at loss.

The power that be at Man U, doesn't have a proper recruitment team. They just play FM in real life. They don't care about chemistry, compatibility of players. Just because a player has talent, doesn't mean he can do well for the team, as he's lazy, and doesn't work for the manager and the team. That's the case with Man U. Manager can't give those players the boot if he needs, while at the same time not having access to "his" players. It creates a terrible environment where players preferring taking care of their own agenda before the club. They know when result goes bad it's the manager whom would have to walk. The decision maker at the club doesn't know football to understand the root cause of the problem, which is the lack of authority for the manager. Even if you hire the best manager, if you don't give him power, you would never see his ideas on the pitch as players refuse to follow his instructions.

Man U is not on the same level as Real Madrid or Barcelona when it comes to attraction power for top players. Those teams can have quality players to stay relevant, but Man U can't. Yet the money in play at Man U is on same scale which creates similar politic issue but even more messy.

Man U job is currently a poison chalice. Poch would be stupid if he jumps into that while the power that be still going on like this. They need to reach rock bottom before they can realize and turn around. Liverpool did experience something similar with their previous owner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom