Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only reason we have coped without Kane is because of Son

Let's be real here , we are completely fucked , Lucas has never been a reliable goalscorer

Real bad news, but I don't see this as the end of the world either. We will have to do without both Son and Kane for a few weeks at least, but we still have other goal scorers in the team. Mourinho will have a plan.

He missed a couple of games at the start of the season, but I'm pretty sure he was in training from the beginning of the season, you can't say he missed 61 when days when there was no actual football being played.

I think he'll definitely be back in March. Be targeting the Leipzig away game.
Fuck me. He played a game 61 days after being injured. It doesn't matter if there were no games to be played in the first 30, 40 or 50 days, he was injured anyway.

Because we're in the middle of the season, it doesn't mean he'll heal quicker. The only reason it might heal quicker is if they've made a better job of the operation, and the location of the break heals better than the previous break did. Matches being played by his team mates do not assist the healing process, despite what you think.

This is why having set transfer windows is absolute bollox.

It's not the clubs fault if our two main strikers get long term injuries, why should be not be allowed to get in a replacement?

Take the best two attacking players out of any side and they would struggle, including Liverpool. If Mane and Salah were both out for a few months they would struggle.

There needs to be special dispensation to buy in a replacement when you get injuries.

Not altogether true, it's one of the easier joints to pin if you feel your elbow you will see there's not much to get in the way of surgery ... it just depends where the break is as the elbow has three bones. An inch either way can make weeks of difference to healing. Guessing he's had ORIF surgery, you wouldn't normally do that unless it was a severe break but the fact he played on for 93 minutes must surely rule that out.

A pinned bone can heal well enough to be strapped tight in three to four weeks, eight weeks is pretty much the maximum without complications ... all speculation but let's try and be optimistic.
I'm not talking specifically about the actual damage, this is completely unknown, even though two dedicated Spurs Jornos are reporting it as a "serious" injury.

The issue is when he can come back onto the field of play, the fact it's an elbow means he can't wear any protection in the form of a cast (have you ever seen a player play with a bent arm or a straight arm for that matter play football?) so it has to be completely healed and it's this which will determine him being out for a longer than usual comparing it to other breaks where the player can wear protection, in these cases the break isn't 100% healed hence the cast.

So it's impossible that he could be out for that long? Or is saying "up to 8 weeks" actually quite possible?

Obviously nobody knows for sure. Nobody could know. But equally, nobody is claiming that they do know categorically, so don't get your knickers in a twist.
No twisted panty's here dillo.

I've got no problem with you mate, my problem is with the journo's. My point was simply that nobody could know (which you just agreed to) and they are exaggerating for clicks and retweets.

It stinks of made up shit as well because if the Athletic or Dan KP knew about the injury extensively then why didn't they break the news before the OS did? They are just jumping on the band wagon and yes they are "making up shit for the fun of it".

Yes it could quite possibly be a 3 month injury, but it could equally be 3 weeks with am arm brace.

Also on the flipside of it - we were pissed that no striker was signed.

But I think we should (at least to some extent) be kind of thankful for signing of Bergwijn... without him it would be even way bleaker.

Now we basically have following options - Moura, Alli, Bergwijn, Lamela, Sessegnon, Parrott most likely in that order (I mean from point of view of Mou). At least the mitigating thing is that we still have 3 pacy players to use in front 3 / front 4 - Moura, Bergwijn, Sess. They can be then supplemented with less pacy but cleaver Alli, hard-working and decent-vision-having Lamela. I would really hope that in such circumstances Parrott would at least be tried out (if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but I'd like to see him getting a try) but I am not too optimistic regarding that in the light what Mou said about him.

We also have this 1,96 tall kid Etete that we recently brought and he has apparently scored 6 goals across junior competitions across ~1200 minutes. Parrott respective numbers are 10 goals within ~600 minutes. But this is just by looking at some random numbers, I have next to no idea how they could cope in competitive game against adult, elite defenders....

This is why having set transfer windows is absolute bollox.

It's not the clubs fault if our two main strikers get long term injuries, why should be not be allowed to get in a replacement?

Take the best two attacking players out of any side and they would struggle, including Liverpool. If Mane and Salah were both out for a few months they would struggle.

There needs to be special dispensation to buy in a replacement when you get injuries.
do you honestly think we would sign anyone if we even had the chance though ?

Some fans write him off for not being in form for this game missing chances. Son in the interview has never made an excuse of having an injury. If you have done jogging or running you would understand how hard it is to speed up with ur arms not moving. Considering how painful and disturbing it is to pace up with a broken arm and play on for 93 minutes you gotta give him credits for his mentality and his loyalty for Spurs.

Some fans write him off for not being in form for this game missing chances. Son in the interview has never made an excuse of having an injury. If you have done jogging or running you would understand how hard it is to speed up with ur arms not moving. Considering how painful and disturbing it is to pace up with a broken arm and play on for 93 minutes you gotta give him credits for his mentality and his loyalty for Spurs.
But his arms were moving fine for the winner.

Fuck me. He played a game 61 days after being injured. It doesn't matter if there were no games to be played in the first 30, 40 or 50 days, he was injured anyway.

Because we're in the middle of the season, it doesn't mean he'll heal quicker. The only reason it might heal quicker is if they've made a better job of the operation, and the location of the break heals better than the previous break did. Matches being played by his team mates do not assist the healing process, despite what you think.

That's simply not true - he missed no games because of that broken arm, he only missed a couple of games at the start of the season because he was late back to pre season because of the Olympics so was behind in fitness. You're just going off what some website says how long he was out for, I'm going off a memory of the facts.

Bad news. 4 weeks out if we are lucky.

Can't rely on Dele atm, Lucas is blowing hot and cold, Bergwijn is the answer, Parrott in the equation, Gedson to play a role too and more expected from GLC.

The easiest trophy to win is top 4/5 rather than CL or FA cup, I am sure Jose and Levy will get their priorities right.

PS. Not smart from Levy to let Llorenete leave and not replace him. I know been said many times.

Back
Top Bottom