Time to Act

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
I hate Woolwich, but for the first time in my life I feel sorry for their fans. Their club, much like ours, is holding them hostage and demanding a ransom that for many has long since been unpayable. All football fans, from the League Two upwards are paying ticket prices that are unreasonable as they are offensive. It’s easy to blame football players because they’re paid an enormous amount for what they do, and to be fair, very few people [...]

Continue reading...

I agree, but with the current capacity and the waiting list (real or otherwise) we will always fill The Lane for the big games.

I don't even know how people can afford to sit in the West Stand every game?

I can't get enough of that 4-4 description, I remember when you told it on the pod, love it.

Is it me or have we not had one of those moments in a while, hasn't felt like it anyway, maybe we've/i've just been spoilt.

I paid £62 for an Woolwich ticket the other day and have decided thats the last time I will ever pay that kind of money for a football ticket. As you say, where does it stop?

It stops when we, as fans, decide it should, by not buying them.

Is it me or have we not had one of those moments in a while, hasn't felt like it anyway, maybe we've/i've just been spoilt.

Most recent memories like that for me are...

Crouch at Eastlands 1-0
Crouch at the San Siro 1-0
Kaboul at Emirates 3-2
Full time at Old Trafford 3-2

But there will be fans who'll pay. That's the problem… the owners aren't stupid. And if local folk boycott, then they amp the international marketing and arrange dream journeys from remote city X to finally see the mighty Spurs take on the unlucky Wanderers.

The sort of people that will pay in years to come will probably be fans who aren't exactly vocal, it'll just be a league full of soulless bowls. The owners make their money but the selling point of passion and atmosphere will be gone.

How could I forget Old Trafford this season. However, the Danny Rose nights and those 4-4's we had with Chelsea and Woolwich just seem a bit different, I don't know why. Don't listen to me anyway.

Me and my girlfriend want to get together the money for a deposit on a new flat this year, so how can I say to her that I've just blown £60+ in an afternoon. But enough about whores and drugs, going to Spurs is expensive too.

I've blown Sunday out because I can't justify it. I'm trying not to go this season if the game is definitely on the box. (Doesn't always work because of the amount of games they reschedule at short notice.)

The sort of people that will pay in years to come will probably be fans who aren't exactly vocal, it'll just be a league full of soulless bowls. The owners make their money but the selling point of passion and atmosphere will be gone.
Who cares if it's dead, if the team on the pitch is a winner.

Ask PSG how they're enjoying record attendances after stripping the season tickets off all of their most vocal/spursiest fans.

Who cares if it's dead, if the team on the pitch is a winner.

Ask PSG how they're enjoying record attendances after stripping the season tickets off all of their most vocal/spursiest fans.
Who cares if WHL is a soulless bowl? I do. I'm aware the Spurs can survive if the most vocal fans stop going, that much is obvious. It's about making a stand.

It's about making a stand.
But that's also my point! The PSG hard-core have made a stand and are boycotting their team (or only going to youth matches). Yet the club is showing no signs of changing their attitude (this is season 3 of the boycott), and, in fact, they're doing better now than ever before (in terms of gates) and are putting a product on the pitch that's as impressive as anything in PSG's 40 year history.

And in the meantime, the hard core stay at home. I don't begrudge anyone's choosing not to go. I fully understand/agree with the motivation, etc. I just question it as a tactic.

Who cares if WHL is a soulless bowl? I do. I'm aware the Spurs can survive if the most vocal fans stop going, that much is obvious. It's about making a stand.
Remember my 'Americans and Spurs' thread that went on and on? This is kind of what I was getting at, different type of people going to games nowdays, Tourists, rich kids who's parents pay, corporates....none of whom really contribute much to atmosphere.

Remember my 'Americans and Spurs' thread that went on and on? This is kind of what I was getting at, different type of people going to games nowdays, Tourists, rich kids who's parents pay, corporates....none of whom really contribute much to atmosphere.
Except I'm not a raging xenophobe :baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom