We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to Llorente, I don't enjoy watching him trundle about much, or us knock balls long to him much either, but he did a pretty good big fella hold up job second half. Put himself about.
Yeah, it winds me up that he can't head for shit, but he did a great job with his chest, knees and hip. Gained us hundreds of yards (oh shit, is that the NFL creeping in?). Whatever, he was strong and made a huge difference.

After the first half I had already started the whole "we did well to get this far considering...", but shit we were value for the win in the end! Lucas! Even Bardi Bardi will have to give him props for that performance. My favourte was the second goal, as my mate and I were still lamenting LLorente's effort being saved when Lucas started dancing through their defence. It was like a dream. And I could have sworn the winner was on the other side of the net. Amazing match.

Only just managing to get my shit together to get on the forum and this thread!

What a time to be a yid! All those years of semi final losses and we’ve finally got through one under Pochettino. So proud of this team and whatever fear I had for a final against Liverpool has disappeared after watching us comeback from the brink against Ajax, City, Inter, PSV and Barcelona.

We can do this! COYMFS!

Lucas Moura "deserves a statue" after his hat-trick took Tottenham into an all-English Champions League final, says team-mate Christian Eriksen.
Ajax led 3-0 on aggregate - but Moura's goals, including a 96th-minute winner, took Tottenham through on away goals to face Liverpool on 1 June.
Moura himself called it "the best moment of my career".
Eriksen said: "It was a ridiculous game; we were really far down, we tried to fight back, we were just lucky."
The Danish playmaker added: "We had to fight. We are relieved.
"Today it was non-tactical, more of a fight and heart performance, heart and Lucas Moura - he's how we won the game.
"He deserves it, it has been a rollercoaster of a season, for him to get us in the final, I hope he gets a statue in England after this, we are blown away.

So, De Ligt was nutmegged by Rose for the first goal, and was visibly losing it for the rest of the match. Clearly very talented but still plenty to learn.
He was their defence.

A perfect night would be that result, qualification for the final and an agreement that De Ligt and Van De Beek come to Spurs next season.

If that came to pass, I wold have a stauner that could cut coal.

Back
Top Bottom